Operations Director
Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
Release date: September 13, 2016
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: $29.99

5450501_sa.jpg;canvasHeight=500;canvasWidth=394.jpeg

Given the news from @Drum18, and the Canada steelbook, this will be the same edition in the USA.
captain_civil.jpeg

Last edited:
I'd even take what's the most Steelbooks you've gotten in a single pickup. I can't imagine it's easy to roll up to a store and say "I need 20/30/40/50 of [Insert Movie Here] steelbook."

Well that's completely a non factor since most of the stores in my local area don't get much stock.

But the biggest group buy I've ever hosted was the Mondos from Target. I think total copies acquired was around 500 between the three titles.

@apsmith21 wow it is - your front yard be either very large with robot sentries or filled with very big guard dogs:LOL:

Thanks for all you for us Ninjas Andy!

I was home for delivery that day, just with that much product being delivered. ;)

But the UPS man actually backed the truck into the driveway and proceeded to tell me that the bulk of the truck was for me. special delivery! LOL

Judging by the recent trend of title spine v character spine for Europe, this is going to have to be the edition for me. Hoping Andy can set up one of his awesome GBs for us :)

• Thanks
Reactions: Lester
Judging by the recent trend of title spine v character spine for Europe, this is going to have to be the edition for me. Hoping Andy can set up one of his awesome GBs for us :)

I'm quite hesitant on this one - I had to return 1 out 3 copies of Avengers: Age of Ultron I ordered. That added up quick given the number of copies I ordered last time.

It was a bit of a mess at the time - lot of funds held up because of all the damaged items I got.

I'm so glad I don't care about the title being on the spine so I don't have to go out of my way to get this; I actually like the pictures of the characters on the side. Although I'm not sure why Winter Soldier is so far down and under a character like Vision. :cautious:

I really got hosed on Avengers: AoU - tons of damaged copies, lots of folks that wanted refunds or exchanges after opening their copy - not sure that I'm at all interested in doing this one given that experience and how badly the GB went for me.

Best Buy / Disney are charging a premium for these at $27.99 (plus sales tax) and unfortunately as we've seen with Disney steelbooks (Star Wars included), the quality control is not there - at packaging nor the warehouse level when they are shipped out.

Guaranteed there will be lots of damaged ones that come in.

I really got hosed on Avengers: AoU - tons of damaged copies, lots of folks that wanted refunds or exchanges after opening their copy - not sure that I'm at all interested in doing this one given that experience and how badly the GB went for me.

Best Buy / Disney are charging a premium for these at $27.99 (plus sales tax) and unfortunately as we've seen with Disney steelbooks (Star Wars included), the quality control is not there - at packaging nor the warehouse level when they are shipped out.

Guaranteed there will be lots of damaged ones that come in.
that's understandable!

yeah, dude. that sounds quite bogus to have to deal with. more than once i've gotten BB Steels in the mail with spine slashes or marks. huge pain. i can't even imagine dealing with it regarding so many copies. huge headache.

Hmm....it's not bad, but nothing super special for me. I'm gonna order one, but I can't help the feeling that this one was a simple job that not much time/creativity was invested into.