Release date: November 2016
Group buy: hosted by cooey

image.jpeg

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

121457gg0sgl5t6tss5gsw.jpg

121517it0thbtee1elz7i7.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
In my opinion this is a bad design but if you disagree thats cool. Happy for you. Let me just display why I feel the way I do though as it obviously ruffled some of your jimmies.
  • The other posters (and posters in general) show events throughout the film. They depict scenes and let you know what you're getting in for. This is just an abstract culmination of characters.
  • Secondly, posters are normally well thought out, designed and then photographed. This literally is just stills from the film at different parts with characters literally stuck onto an abstract background.
  • This results in characters interacting in odd ways. Some are ready to fight. Some are ready to cry, their is not tone established in this artwork.

If you like the artwork thats fine, feel free to put up a counter argument as to why it really is something special but please don't make it be 'i like the colour blue and iron man is cool and chris evans is pretty and marvel did it so it must be really really really really good'

Last edited:
I personally would like to see the artwork on the back of the zavvi release on the front cover, with iron man blasting into caps shield. It's a nice peace of artwork and it's a defining moment of the movie.
Same art on the back of the Best Buy exclusive which is WWA. Great image that has alot of potential for bossing, semi/spot and full gloss.. This makes me wonder if BF was handcuffed possibly by Marvel/Disney to use this art for the front (with all main characters), or was it BF that decided to show it on the front (I could be wrong about everything)? Quite a bit of pros and cons about the front artwork in the thread so far, and I find myself in the middle. Its truly all subjective, I would have been happiest with just CAP on the front and everyone else on the back, after all its his movie ;)

Never a fanboy, just a fan :)

the front art work reminds me of the X-Men Day of Future Past Rogue Edition, but this is more better than that one. The artwork doesn't make sense but I want to complete blufan marvel collection so should be in :D

i personally like all the comments 'i dislike/hate front art but im goona buy one cos its wea'

how about just grow a pair instead

personally i like it but to everyone is subjective, i get that but buying something you don't like can only be for trade or sell later for more £$ makes only sense in my mind, that or are just ocd or for pureists cdo :D

basil :thumbs:

In my opinion this is a bad design but if you disagree thats cool. Happy for you. Let me just display why I feel the way I do though as it obviously ruffled some of your jimmies.
  • The other posters (and posters in general) show events throughout the film. They depict scenes and let you know what you're getting in for. This is just an abstract culmination of characters.
  • Secondly, posters are normally well thought out, designed and then photographed. This literally is just stills from the film at different parts with characters literally stuck onto an abstract background.
  • This results in characters interacting in odd ways. Some are ready to fight. Some are ready to cry, their is not tone established in this artwork.

If you like the artwork thats fine, feel free to put up a counter argument as to why it really is something special but please don't make it be 'i like the colour blue and iron man is cool and chris evans is pretty and marvel did it so it must be really really really really good'

Don't put it in a way like anybody who likes this artwork is automatically a Blufans fanboy ;)

As you wish, here is your counter: :p

1. I don't see why an artwork not showing an event from the movie should be considered negative. I even believe that fewest movie posters really showing a specific scene from the movie. Abstract is not a bad thing.
2 and 3:The characters are not randomly positioned at all. The artwork is symmetric, and you can see the theme "team Cap" vs. "team Iron Man" clearly. Each character has a counterpart. See my analysis below:

image.png

Based on your argumentation, the WWA must be garbage then? One more reason why this one is the better choice, right? :happy:

Last edited:

But despite all these points you will still buy it ...

Reactions: Phoenix M
When someone is so desperate as to give an analytical explanation of the layout of the cover art then something's gone badly wrong, or they're desperate in their defence.

On a positive, for those that want a copy, hopefully there's more chance you'll get as many as you want.

There is no need to get personal @Starling ;)
@matthewtheunicorn's post deserves a qualified answer. And I (hopefully) delivered one.
Not everyone sharing their thoughts trys to defend their point of view. I remember you also expressed that you don't like this artwork. Were you trying to defend that?
Last but no least, it took about 5 minutes of my life to do that "analysis" in Photoshop. There is nothing wrong with my life. :thumbs:

I cannot believe the 'experts' in this thread who come across like they know design and why things are placed where they are or how it's not correct placement etc.
All I say is this... Where is YOUR approved artwork advertising a blockbuster movie?

Such a lack of knowledge and understanding of a subject. Move on now.

I cannot believe the 'experts' in this thread who come across like they know design and why things are placed where they are or how it's not correct placement etc.
All I say is this... Where is YOUR approved artwork advertising a blockbuster movie?

Such a lack of knowledge and understanding of a subject. Move on now.

If this was (also) addressed to me: I was not trying to tell anybody which artwork is "wrong" or "right". I only tried to show why I disagreed with matthewtheunicorn about characters being positioned randomly. I think that you don't need to be an expert to see the symmetry (not to mention that I actually do work in a design agency).

At least we are on topic, which the thread is there for, instead of "can wait to get it"- or "any news?"-posts :)