USA
Release date: April 22, 2018
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: $23.99 (price was $29.99)
SKU: 6204571
Group buy: (FOR ALL 3x) hosted by apsmith21

BB Civil War.jpeg

Last edited:
It’d be cool if a different retailer picked them up for another run of 4 or so, then they can jump somewhere else, etc.

I'm glad I never jumped on board with these releases. I stooped and just bought Ant-Man to see if I'd like them or not, and they're not all that special to me (mho), so no biggie off my plate. Will probably give it away during next Ninja Week.

There will never be a matching set of all of the MCU SteelBooks as long as they keep making MCU movies and they will always be making Marvel movies.

Look at Star Wars and Star Trek. A matching set of 6 and a matching set of 10. But 5 more Star Wars movies have been made and 3 more Star Trek movies have been made.

I honestly saw this coming from day 1.

I'm a big MCU steel collector as many know, but I skipped these because I just felt the inevitable lack of continuity. It's a lot of movies and even then would it continue post endgame? I'm glad I never purchased them but at the same time it's a shame because a full set of these with continuity would be marvellous.
Same. Which is why I never bothered picking them up in the first place, even though I was very tempted to at times! Nowadays I don't bother at all with releases that are part of a franchise, due to the amount of times they never follow them up with matching steels for future films... I made that mistake with Fast & Furious, Mission Impossible, Jurassic Park (to name a few lol). Although I do regret not picking up the Game of Thrones steelbooks now, because I expected them to go the same route, but surprisingly they stuck with them to the end... or at least they have so far! Imagine if they don't release one for season 8... it'll be the War of Winterfell all over again, but with collectors. :ohno:

Reactions: St4rlord
I'm glad I never jumped on board with these releases. I stooped and just bought Ant-Man to see if I'd like them or not, and they're not all that special to me (mho), so no biggie off my plate. Will probably give it away during next Ninja Week.
Repetition in the artwork all over the steel and done on the cheap.

Same. Which is why I never bothered picking them up in the first place, even though I was very tempted to at times! Nowadays I don't bother at all with releases that are part of a franchise, due to the amount of times they never follow them up with matching steels for future films... I made that mistake with Fast & Furious, Mission Impossible, Jurassic Park (to name a few lol). Although I do regret not picking up the Game of Thrones steelbooks now, because I expected them to go the same route, but surprisingly they stuck with them to the end... or at least they have so far! Imagine if they don't release one for season 8... it'll be the War of Winterfell all over again, but with collectors. :ohno:
I think it's becoming easier to judge as time goes on when many don't follow through with the same designs. I think breaking down a set to a smaller collection is a good idea too, for example, you have the 3 recent Captain America steels released from Zavvi, the're all matching, they're 4K and they're all Captain America movies followed through. Sure enough the entire MCU aren't going to have the same matching designs, but I think for myself and probably you also you can appreciate that because it's a very specific design for a very specific set of films it's a collection within a collection.
Now when you look at the Ferguson designs, we have Civil War but not the other two Cap films. We also have the first two Avenger films, but not all four of them. Call it OCD, call it whatever, but it just doesn't do it for me. It's a shame.