Captain America: The First Avenger (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Blufans Exclusive #16) [China]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: February 2015
Notes:
Worldwide exclusive artwork
Lenti (1300) + 1/4 (700) slips
Matte finish
Will be embossed on both front and back.
Includes 4 postcards similar to IM finish.

7go0.jpg

om6u.jpg

thumb.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
We all knew that both of CA & CA2 WWA Steels got embossing problems and the fact that there's no tittle on CA2 WWA makes it even looks worse so someone who said that CA2 WWA Steel is flawless must be out of his mind or something lol :LOL:

Long live Blufans :cool:

Not feeling the 1/4 slips AT ALL !!! Nothing can come close to the Taiwan versions 1/4 slip of CA and CA2 ! This was a poor attempt I find... the Lenti goes so much nicer with CA Blufans Steel...but don't like at all CA2 Steel, pictures of the steel looks like it is the one that was a failed attempt...The WWA CA2 is so much nicer, Actually Flawless

Yeah me neither. They didn't do too much with this 1/4. I think something as simple as red and white stripes (like the U.S flag), and blue Chinese text woulda made this thing epic. Too bad. But the main thing is I actually get to see the stell. Thats most important.

Reactions: Actarus
I haven't received my copy yet but after looking at these 2 photos can be sure now which one looks more washed out.

View attachment 149858 View attachment 149859
The steel on the left and far right are both sealed and it is not possible to see the Spot Gloss finish through the shrink wrap. Also I think the picture has been adjusted in photoshop so the colours on the Blufans CA look more vivid.

I have seen in hand both the original release and the Blufans version and I can state that the colours are indeed washed out on the Blufans release, and in no way compares to the spot gloss finish/full gloss (front) of the original....:thumbs:

In hand the Blufans steel does not look nearly as vivid as in the pictures you have quoted...

Last edited:
The steel on the left and far right are both sealed and it is not possible to see the High Gloss finish through the shrink wrap. Also I think the picture has been adjusted in photoshop so the colours on the Blufans CA look more vivid.

I have seen in hand both the original release and the Blufans version and I can state that the colours are indeed washed out on the Blufans release, and in no way compare to the full gloss of the original....:thumbs:

In hand the Blufans steel does not look nearly as vivid as in the pictures you have quoted...

Thank you for your input. I would compare them by myself after my copy arrived :)

Btw I also own the original DE version but its not full gloss as you stated.

Reactions: charleybusko
We all knew that both of CA & CA2 WWA Steels got embossing problems and the fact that there's no tittle on CA2 WWA makes it even looks worse so someone who said that CA2 WWA Steel is flawless must be out of his mind or something lol :LOL:

Long live Blufans :cool:

If you have a copy in hands of the WWA Steel of CA2 for example the Taiwan version, the embossed and debossed treatment on it is ''exquisitely done'', the Gloss treatment is ''perfect'' ! and some of us do not mint if a steel has NO Title on it ~ To have all steels the same always with the title on it could be boring, diversification in design is nice and refreshing...and believe me I am not out of My mind, I am a long time collector now and have a very diverse collection and I do know when a steel Kicks A** as CA2 WWA Does. If you actually are saying that the Blufans CA2 is better than the WWA you surely do not own one. The Matte finish on CA2 Blufans is the worse I have ever seen (and I do love matte finishes when well done, I like them very much). I have many copies of CA and CA2 WWA and no issues with the embossed/debossed treatment, nor have I ever seen this discussed on here so far.

Yes Blufans releases are nice but be careful when calling someone out of his mind, we are not just average collectors on here, but some of us do know what we are talking about. CA2 ''Taiwan Version'' is the best release of it by Far !

Captain America 1 and 2 Taiwan Pictures
Captain America 2 Pictures taken by ricster

See the Love for it in its respective thread

Last edited:
Thank you for your input. I would compare them by myself after my copy arrived :)

Btw I also own the original DE version but its not full gloss as you stated.
Sorry my mistake. :p It's been so long since I actually looked at my copies of the original release of Captain America which has a "spot gloss on the back and full gloss finish on the front"...:drool:

I am away right now but I know my Blufans copy has arrived and awaiting at home. I will post a comparison shot unaltered to show the original is still the winner finish wise...IMO

This is not to say this is still not a good release from Blufans. But if it had been full gloss or spot gloss it would have elevated it to another level...;)

The packaging is the winner here and the lenticular is amazing...

Last edited:
I am a long time collector as well but rarely posting here so I know what I'm talking about. I have previously owned the original CA and CA2 WWA SB but have to sold them all due to the mismatch and the fact they have some embossing defects made me switch to Blufans. The only Marvel WWA that I still keep is the original Thor because there's no defect at all on that steel.

The original CA WWA has some sort of bends in and out when you press the embossing on the front cover due to a fairly thin steel and the CA2 WWA has embossing defect that mistaking the sunlight for the edge of the door. These problems have actually been discussed quite widely on the other forum but I was just too lazy to find the thread.

How can you say that CA2 Blufans is the worst matte finish you've ever seen? Have you already seen it in hand? if you do then please post some pics here on this thread to prove it.

If you have a copy in hands of the WWA Steel of CA2 for example the Taiwan version, the embossed and debossed treatment on it is ''exquisitely done'', the Gloss treatment is ''perfect'' ! and some of us do not mint if a steel has NO Title on it ~ To have all steels the same always with the title on it could be boring, diversification in design is nice and refreshing...and believe me I am not out of My mind, I am a long time collector now and have a very diverse collection and I do know when a steel Kicks A** as CA2 WWA Does. If you actually are saying that the Blufans CA2 is better than the WWA you surely do not own one. The Matte finish on CA2 Blufans is the worse I have ever seen (and I do love matte finishes when well done, I like them very much). I have many copies of CA and CA2 WWA and no issues with the embossed/debossed treatment, nor have I ever seen this discussed on here so far.

Yes Blufans releases are nice but be careful when calling someone out of his mind, we are not just average collectors on here, but some of us do know what we are talking about. CA2 ''Taiwan Version'' is the best release of it by Far !

Captain America 1 and 2 Taiwan Pictures
Captain America 2 Pictures taken by ricster

See the Love for it in its respective thread
giphy.gif

to prove it otherwise thats all just nonsense BS of your big mouth.

First I was Polite in my reply, Please remain Polite no need to insult people on here we all have the right to our opinion and discuss it.
There is a difference between passionate and insulting ! @Apollon
But from your response, being insulting it's not even worth continuing this discussion with you.