Captain America: The First Avenger (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Blufans Exclusive #16) [China]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: February 2015
Notes:
Worldwide exclusive artwork
Lenti (1300) + 1/4 (700) slips
Matte finish
Will be embossed on both front and back.
Includes 4 postcards similar to IM finish.

7go0.jpg

om6u.jpg

thumb.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
There was never any chance that This version would surpass the first WWA release. Its hard to beat something that is already perfect. In regards to the CA2. There is no nice steel for that release.

Reactions: earthscope
I really like the Blufans one, although the colours on the steel have saturated colour issues. Another problem is it's not striking enough, it follows too closely in the footsteps of the Zavvi edition and appears to have used a similar low res image printed on a sub-par matte finish. The Zavvi version was also half the cost.

Unfortunately I passed on this edition, but might be on the look out for one.

There was never any chance that This version would surpass the first WWA release. Its hard to beat something that is already perfect. In regards to the CA2. There is no nice steel for that release.
Agree 100% with you, CA WWA is brilliant and perfect! Blufans missed the opportunity to doing something special like their beautiful job on IM. CA2 from NovaMedia did an awesome job with their slips.. specially that lenticular :OMG:

Reactions: earthscope
I'm still waiting for delivery
Its taking longer this one

Iron Man was delivered in 18 days
Wall-e was delivered in 19 days

My Captain America order was shipped on the 6th of March
So its now 22 days have passed and no delivery yet

Hopefully it will be delivered next week

After having a 2nd look at the 1/4 slip, it isn't all that bad. It has a lot in common with the Taiwan's version ( less the picture of cap himself). The wwa exclusive art is what makes this special. That couple with the fact that this is twice as rare as the lenti makes this a winner. CA2 however, I don't have anything good to say. I just wish they would have put more effort into this 1/4 slip. It delayed this release so long, and for a slip that's not that spectacular. One wonder where all the time went in order to justify these delays. It's like they put all their effort into developing the lenti, and just slapped on a half assed 1/4 slip on this version.

Reactions: Dragonine
I haven't read this I whole thread, but I was wondering what people thought of the embossed back, what was embossed, and does it look good? I might be asking a stupid question here as most probably haven't open their steelbook and others haven't received it yet. :bag:

The star at the center of the shield is debossed/recessed

Indeed the WWA has a very nice touch with the embossed shield ! and The 1/4 Slip Taiwan just melts into the steel, they did such a great job on it, it is one of the best 1/4 slip of 2014...such attention to details they did...

Oh sorry got confused was talking about CA2...Shield embossed etc...

Last edited:
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: lgans316 and chunk
I don't start getting antsy for Blu-fans releases until after a year, total. :happy:

I know I pre-ordered my copies of the series last August :wow: and now Thor and Thor 2 that were supposed to be released in April, it is CA2 instead that has taken over this release date, so I assume Thor and Thor 2 will be pushed until May...

Reactions: Marina Blue
Nah it won't be may. The last of CA2 Lenti got invoiced today, BF's have been hummin along pretty good the 1/4 slips for both will arrive in the next couple weeks. You get them before any of us. Have you Seen either the The Rock versions, or any other recent releases? Both No Man's Land and any of the 3 New OAB's TMR, TMNT, or TTT?