Captain America: The First Avenger (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (KimchiDVD Exclusive #55) [Korea]

Which edition are you getting?

• Lenticular

Votes: 54 35.3%
  • Full Slip A1

Votes: 58 37.9%
  • Full Slip A2

Votes: 31 20.3%
  • One Click

Votes: 36 23.5%

• Total voters
Jun 4, 2017
Release date: August 31, 2017
Purchase links: : One Click - Lenticular - Full Slip A1 - Full Slip A2 - (Pre-order August 17 at 2 PM Korea time) - All editions showing as OOS
Price: $46.99
Notes: Spot gloss with debossed title - Limited to 4000 numbered copies (Full Slip A1 1300 - Full Slip A2 1200 - Lenticular 1500)
Group Buys: hosted by cooey One Click - Lenticular - Full Slip A1 - Full Slip A2

20638932_2140421422851730_8492093618141931251_n.jpg 20638168_2140421506185055_534237518305182234_n.jpg 20638843_2140421539518385_4832710646608199514_n.jpg
20732979_1604775996260503_1444291850_n.gif
IMG_1563.JPG
IMG_1564.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys, I really love the display. :drool::LOL: Totally worth the money spent on all these editions ...

Looks fantastic
But I couldn't ever think of buying 3 copies of the same slip. I wouldn't even buy 3 copies of the same steelbook.
Oh I see the entire package and I certainly don't mind owning more than just one copy of an edition I love. :LOL: Especially when it's to one of my fave MCU movies and gives me this display. Really, I'm weak. :rofl:

Keep the A2's as they are. As it's a larger visual area to display with the three A2 steels together it is better to have it at the back than at the front. It looks great!
How you have done it goes really well overall because the combination of blues, greys and reds are not overkill for each one displayed and all compliment the other... for example, opening and removing the sticker off the A1 and showing just the colour of the steelbook compliments the sticker that is still on the lenti steel, and obviously the lenti design overall compliments the A2 design. You also have the subtle grey shield on the lenti behind cap and that compliments the A1 shield design. It really looks great.
giphy.gif

I'm just gonna say all of this was 100% intentional ... :p To be honest, removing the sticker from A1 but leaving it on the lenti was intentional, or better, I didn't like it that much on A1 but loved it on the lenti so I'll keep the lenti for this display as is and unwrap the other. :thumbs:

If I open one of these releases with the stickers on them I usually leave it on the plastic and cut around it, and then leave it either in the front of the slip in the steelbook cover I store it in, or inside the little bag that holds the cards.

Speaking of steelbook covers I'll need to get one that fits my A2 since it's wider than usual. Anyone know which one from Steelbook Central it would fit?

So I received my 1-Click and To Answer your Question; ''SCF2 protective slipcover'' was too tight and could not close.

So I put my editions into an SCF4. Height is perfect, editions not too tight in the slipcover(SCF4), but no other Option to use but an SCF4.

All that to simply say you would need an SCF4 :emb:

Reactions: winter_soldier
So I received my 1-Click and To Answer your Question; ''SCF2 protective slipcover'' was too tight and could not close.

So I put my editions into an SCF4. Height is perfect, editions not too tight in the slipcover(SCF4), but no other Option to use but an SCF4.

All that to simply say you would need an SCF4 :emb:
Cheers. I have a few SCF3s but they weren't tall/wide enough for this, so I figured the SCF4 would be the one to go with, but it's great to get confirmation. I've been meaning to buy some since my TWS Kimchi fullslip won't fit the SCF3, but I've been putting it off for a year now. Will have to get on that... soon. :D

• Thanks
Reactions: Actarus
£20.50 to collect....customs charges :(

already paid £60 for the bugger, am not sure I want to pay £80 for a steelbook(especially a double dip) #waa
That sucks mate. Where did you buy from? I'd sell it on ASAP while it's still riding the hype wave. Buy it in a year for RRP or less.

That sucks mate. Where did you buy from? I'd sell it on ASAP while it's still riding the hype wave. Buy it in a year for RRP or less.
ebay :(

am gonna see if the seller can help as usually they've marked it low enough to by-pass customs and its the same seller I've used before so we'll see.
If not am tempted to let it get returned and just get a refund, stick with the HMV steelbook.
Shame, as its a stunner of a steel/lenti

Received my one click. Don't exactly see the matching between CA1 and CA2 kimchi :confused:
View attachment 334622

What do you expect to see? If they matched perfectly they would be the exact same design. You have to look at the artwork seperately for each and see that they come together
through different elements in each. For example, both clearly show the shield, that's the focal point of these designs, but one shield is more 'zoomed in' than the other. The shield for CA1 is representative of
the first avenger film in that it is new, thus showing more colour. CA2 is representative of the winter soldier in that the shield is more battered and damaged as well as it being more 'zoomed out' as
a design. Look at the contrast. There are elements to take away from each and there are very good reasons why these designs are chosen as front artwork. There is also a good reason why the shield is never perfectly brand spanking new and intact. It's not about them matching 'like for like' otherwise that takes away the point of the artwork and the reasons why we collect them.

£20.50 to collect....customs charges :(

already paid £60 for the bugger, am not sure I want to pay £80 for a steelbook(especially a double dip) #waa
Oh shite, so sorry to hear that. :( I've been lucky so far but I sure know how it feels like to get hit with extra fees.

Cheers. I have a few SCF3s but they weren't tall/wide enough for this, so I figured the SCF4 would be the one to go with, but it's great to get confirmation. I've been meaning to buy some since my TWS Kimchi fullslip won't fit the SCF3, but I've been putting it off for a year now. Will have to get on that... soon. :D

Yes SCF3 are for O-Ring Lenticular or some Thin Fullslips(like Kimchi Thin Fullslip Arrival, The Wolf of Wall Street Thin Slip Korea Scanavo Case, Some Plain Archive Thin Fullslips etc...)

For the rest I always have on hands SCF1 for Bare Steel with J-Card, SCF2 for Most Fullslips, SCF4 when the Fullslips are Bulkier(GOTG Vol.1, Kimchi Finding Dory Fullslip...) and the new ones which I love made especially for the bulkier HDzeta(I put my Accountant in it yesterday fits like a glove).

:thumbs:

I Opened my Kimchi CA: TFA Lenti yesterday such a nice one :drool:

nope of course i dont mean matching as in the same identical design

And i do get the contrast between the CA1 new shield vs CA2 battered shield

What i meant was

1) The title is not at the same place (1 at bottom and 1 at center)

2) The size or as you called it, the zoom in of the shield itself. Would prefer them to be at the same size thus showing the contrast of a NEW and BATTERED shield better

3) the kimchi sticker itself is very different for both

Again it can be argue that i am being nitpicking but just stating my view

cheers

What do you expect to see? If they matched perfectly they would be the exact same design. You have to look at the artwork seperately for each and see that they come together
through different elements in each. For example, both clearly show the shield, that's the focal point of these designs, but one shield is more 'zoomed in' than the other. The shield for CA1 is representative of
the first avenger film in that it is new, thus showing more colour. CA2 is representative of the winter soldier in that the shield is more battered and damaged as well as it being more 'zoomed out' as
a design. Look at the contrast. There are elements to take away from each and there are very good reasons why these designs are chosen as front artwork. There is also a good reason why the shield is never perfectly brand spanking new and intact. It's not about them matching 'like for like' otherwise that takes away the point of the artwork and the reasons why we collect them.[/QUOTE

• Thanks
Reactions: BluSteel2012
nope of course i dont mean matching as in the same identical design

And i do get the contrast between the CA1 new shield vs CA2 battered shield

What i meant was

1) The title is not at the same place (1 at bottom and 1 at center)

2) The size or as you called it, the zoom in of the shield itself. Would prefer them to be at the same size thus showing the contrast of a NEW and BATTERED shield better

3) the kimchi sticker itself is very different for both

Again it can be argue that i am being nitpicking but just stating my view

cheers

You didn't explain what you meant and now you have, still very nitpicky but each to their own.

• Thanks
Except for the Slipcovers, everything inside each edition is the same, correct?

The reason I'm asking is because this is a scan of my A2 and Lenticular copies.

The A2 is on top and the inside book or pack of goodies or whatever seems to be a lot thicker than that of the package in the lenticular edition. I haven't opened either copy.

Image (7).jpg

• Thanks
Except for the Slipcovers, everything inside each edition is the same, correct?

The reason I'm asking is because this is a scan of my A2 and Lenticular copies.

The A2 is on top and the inside book or pack of goodies or whatever seems to be a lot thicker than that of the package in the lenticular edition. I haven't opened either copy.

View attachment 334703

This is very Strange indeed, every Bonus Items are supposed to be the same in each edition,
but clearly from your picture the A2 looks like it has a Thicker Booklet :cautious:

I Opened my lenti yesterday and stored them already lol don't feel like upsetting My OCD

If anyone can discover what is happening (n):dunno:

Oh @winter_soldier mentioned that he had found that his A2 was a bit Bigger than the other editions, from your picture of the A2 that would make sense, but why though ? o_O

This is very Strange indeed, every Bonus Items are supposed to be the same in each edition,
but clearly from your picture the A2 looks like it has a Thicker Booklet :cautious:

I Opened my lenti yesterday and stored them already lol don't feel like upsetting My OCD

If anyone can discover what is happening (n):dunno:

Oh @winter_soldier mentioned that he had found that his A2 was a bit Bigger than the other editions, from your picture of the A2 that would make sense, but why though ? o_O

Well the A2 slipcover is definitely thicker than the lenticular slipcover but the package just looks bigger inside.
The lenticular version almost looks like it couldn't possibly have all of that stuff in it.
Now I'm wondering if the booklet is missing.

Do you recall if the size of the package in the lenticular picture looked to be the same size as yours?

Well the A2 slipcover is definitely thicker than the lenticular slipcover but the package just looks bigger inside.
The lenticular version almost looks like it couldn't possibly have all of that stuff in it.
Now I'm wondering if the booklet is missing.

Do you recall if the size of the package in the lenticular picture looked to be the same size as yours?

Yes the Book was not think it was only 36pages and there was the envelop for the cards everything looked like the beautyshot.

I'll have to investigate now :cautious:

• Thanks
Reactions: Stygian
I don't always open my premiums, but I remember with the AoU Nova Choice lenti the book wasn't as big as the fullslip edition, because it's put inside the steelbook itself instead of outside it in the fullslip, so I'd assume it'd might be the same for this.

*She :whistle: