Captain America: The First Avenger (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (KimchiDVD Exclusive #55) [Korea]

Which edition are you getting?

• Lenticular

Votes: 54 35.3%
  • Full Slip A1

Votes: 58 37.9%
  • Full Slip A2

Votes: 31 20.3%
  • One Click

Votes: 36 23.5%

• Total voters
Jun 4, 2017
Release date: August 31, 2017
Purchase links: : One Click - Lenticular - Full Slip A1 - Full Slip A2 - (Pre-order August 17 at 2 PM Korea time) - All editions showing as OOS
Price: $46.99
Notes: Spot gloss with debossed title - Limited to 4000 numbered copies (Full Slip A1 1300 - Full Slip A2 1200 - Lenticular 1500)
Group Buys: hosted by cooey One Click - Lenticular - Full Slip A1 - Full Slip A2

20638932_2140421422851730_8492093618141931251_n.jpg 20638168_2140421506185055_534237518305182234_n.jpg 20638843_2140421539518385_4832710646608199514_n.jpg
20732979_1604775996260503_1444291850_n.gif
IMG_1563.JPG
IMG_1564.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Cap is my favourite Avenger and I've been dying for another premium release for TFA, so I'm so super excited right now. :woot:

I'm trying to cut down on my premium releases, but I may have to one-click for this.

Badly photoshopped back of the steel makes me cringe

But I might get this anyway depending on the slips as I don't own Blufans' CA 1 yet

On the other hand it's unsatisfying to have different retailers do different entries in a series

That back art is cringe-worthy. Huge disappointment. Front is so much awesomeness with spot gloss and deboss but the back is :sick:(n)

Let's see what the lenti slip will look like...

So, I just spoke to someone from Kimchi and he/she said they tried everything but couldn’t get the approval from Disney. They wanted to get the entire head and no cut off legs but Disney made that hard. It took them 8 months to finally get this approved.

So it's really not their fault. :dunno:

Anyway, I'll still buy the hell out of this and I'm pretty sure it will rock. Can't wait for the slips. *_*

No box for this and Tony has said that the design won't change and that this was hard enough to get approved by Disney/Marvel
Yeah, same thing they told me. It's a shame that Disney makes this so difficult for everyone. I don't even wanna know what kinda awesome steels and slips we could have if they wouldn't be such a pain ...

I certainly appreciate the effort, and the front looks awesome with all the extra finishes, but the back art feels so lame due to the wrong positioning.
All they should have done is pull the back art lower, and make the steelbook folding do the "cut-off" and leveling.
This would hide the strange bottom part of the back art without modifying anything.

I certainly appreciate the effort, and the front looks awesome with all the extra finishes, but the back art feels so lame due to the wrong positioning.
All they should have done is pull the back art lower, and make the steelbook folding do the "cut-off" and leveling.
This would hide the strange bottom part of the back art without modifying anything.
That's what they wanted to do but they couldn’t get the approval. They said they wanted the legs at the bottom and the full head but they couldn’t get that approved.

Man too bad as this would have looked amazing if it wasn't for the terrible cropping, still it's Marvel and KimchiDVD so will wait and see the slips and decide then :cigar:

The perfet example why triyng to be a steelbook collector is not fun anymore.
All this steelbooks of movies that already have 10+ diferent releases.
My question is, why so many?!?
I have 300+ steelbooks, but only 3 or 4 movies with duplicate steelbooks, if i should have boght all the duplicate releases
at this moment probably my steelbooks collection would have been 1000+,this means no wife and probably a second job :). But this s%^t is geting ridiculous.
Maybe this is just my opinion.

Just makes me laugh that Disney are so hard to work with they won't allow decent art on their packages. Maybe it's to do with paramount too as they had the rights originally and that might come into play with the posters used but if you try for 8 months and all you get left with is the crappy art then don't bother.

I feel the same is happening with manta and edge of tomorrow. I don't want them to do it if all they get left with is rubbish art and they feel they have to commit

Hopefully kimchi get more leeway with civil war and can use much better art on the steel. The wrap around art of both teams facing off would be a treat