Captain America: The First Avenger (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook + Lenticular) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Basil

The Helpful Fox
Premium Supporter
Oct 13, 2013
UK portsmouth
Release date: November 23rd, 2015
Purchase link: Zavvi.com Live Monday Nov. 30 9.00am UK
Price:
£24.99

Also see Zbox thread:
Captain America: The First Avenger (ZBOX) (Blu-ray SteelBook Lenticular) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

02.jpg

04.jpg 05.jpg 06.jpg
01.jpg 03.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
As a huge Cap- and Marvel-fan in common, i have to get this one!
BUT I'm not sure if i'm willing to order one of these ZBOXES again - ordered the Guardians box and was SO disappointed by it...

Will i order this from Zavvi with a stupid crap-box for more money than i want to spend, or will i buy it from someone selling the steel alone (for probably the same, if not more money)... :dunno:

Mock-up looks good, however, they'd need to match that type of artwork with future releases, or Cap 2 before I'd bite and consider selling the other editions I have.

OT, but relevant... Whoever works for Zavvi here, do you have monthly meetings or feedback to the store from here? As nothing seems to get better, just gradually worse and worse.

Zavvi management: "So, how's the feedback about us going, on HDN?"
Zavvi HDN member: "Oh, erm, it's great. We're doing an awesome job. They all particularly love all our more sort after steels being bundled with the ZBOX merch that we haven't been able to shift the last 12 months. They even loved T2"
Zavvi management: "Wow, really? We didn't even bother with a spine or inner art for T2. Great, let's continue"

Zavvi HDN member: "Awesome, see you next month"
giphy.gif

hmmmmm i thought i created a thread for this :confused: ? ZBOX Curator account said a listing was created for the steelbook so it can be added with ZBOX bundle, i don't have any screenshots but i remember reading the tweets :p @Apollon maybe this has changed now :woot: ? @paulboland

hmmmmm i thought i created a thread for this :confused: ? ZBOX Curator account said a listing was created for the steelbook so it can be added with ZBOX bundle, i don't have any screenshots but i remember reading the tweets :p @Apollon maybe this has changed now :woot: ? @paulboland
Yes that's what Zbox Curator said
It's only listed on Zavvi Website on its own to enable it as a separate item in your order with the Zbox
When you order the Villians Zbox Steelbook bundle it's creates 2 items in your order
That way when your Zbox is shipped and the Steelbook has not you will have 1 item outstanding to be despatched

Reactions: luke98
Mock-up looks good, however, they'd need to match that type of artwork with future releases, or Cap 2 before I'd bite and consider selling the other editions I have.

OT, but relevant... Whoever works for Zavvi here, do you have monthly meetings or feedback to the store from here? As nothing seems to get better, just gradually worse and worse.

Zavvi management: "So, how's the feedback about us going, on HDN?"
Zavvi HDN member: "Oh, erm, it's great. We're doing an awesome job. They all particularly love all our more sort after steels being bundled with the ZBOX merch that we haven't been able to shift the last 12 months. They even loved T2"
Zavvi management: "Wow, really? We didn't even bother with a spine or inner art for T2. Great, let's continue"

Zavvi HDN member: "Awesome, see you next month"
giphy.gif
The HDN feedback basically counts for nothing if they keep selling out.

Reactions: davhyl
How many times can these steels be milked. As a collector, I like the fact that one special edition comes out, the excitement of getting a pre-order in, then the release and unwrapping of it... such a buzz! Then all this happens... one movie franchise comes along and the edition you thought was the grail, just gets cheapened. I've stuck with my original HMV Thor, CA and Avengers, my Play Iron Man 1&2 as I feel they are the originals and the best. I feel let down for all the collectors who bought Captain America from Zavvi when it was released. Why could they not have put the 3d disc in then as an option and put lenticular magnet on then.... does that mean now their original "ltd Edition" is no longer limited?? How much are you gonna fleece hard working folk. Let us have that excitement back, not dread that we have wasted our money on the last edition and now need to get this! Do not make it another Star Wars!!! Probably all this to get rid of cheap boxes they cannot shift. Shame on you Zavvi!

How many times can these steels be milked. As a collector, I like the fact that one special edition comes out, the excitement of getting a pre-order in, then the release and unwrapping of it... such a buzz! Then all this happens... one movie franchise comes along and the edition you thought was the grail, just gets cheapened. I've stuck with my original HMV Thor, CA and Avengers, my Play Iron Man 1&2 as I feel they are the originals and the best. I feel let down for all the collectors who bought Captain America from Zavvi when it was released. Why could they not have put the 3d disc in then as an option and put lenticular magnet on then.... does that mean now their original "ltd Edition" is no longer limited?? How much are you gonna fleece hard working folk. Let us have that excitement back, not dread that we have wasted our money on the last edition and now need to get this! Do not make it another Star Wars!!! Probably all this to get rid of cheap boxes they cannot shift. Shame on you Zavvi!
It's down to supply and demand
All popular films get re releases on Blu-ray regularly these will be Steelbooks/Amaray/Box Sets and limited edition releases
Even limited edition releases get repackaged with either less content or more content or same with new artwork

Steelbooks are now a lot more popular than 2-3 years ago
Lot of new collectors want these Steelbooks as do existing collectors

If you already have a previous Steelbook you still have it so a new re release with new artwork is a new release not the exact same previous Steelbook

You will see lot more Films get another Steelbook release when it's a popular film or series of films

Why should new collectors and existing collectors not be able to purchase a release they want or like it's not a case of a previous limited steelbook getting exact same release most will be new artwork and in some releases new extras on a disc

Saw an unboxing video of the Zbox, if I had received that in the post I'd be taking a trip to Zavvi's head office with a big box of my own crap and posting that through their letter box. Awful.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mobley and luke98