Shoreham By Sea, UK
Release Date: December 5th, 2011
Purchase link: HMV.com (Sold-out)
BSP2304.jpg

Capt3.jpg

Capt2.jpg

Capt1.jpg

Capt.jpg

- Commentary by Director Joe Johnston, Director of Photography Shelly Johnson and Editor Jeffrey Ford
- Marvel One-Shot: A funny thing happened on the way to Thor's Hammer
-Featurettes: Outfitting a hero, Howling Commandos, Heightened technology, The transformation, Behind the skull, Captain America's origin, The assembly begins
Deleted scenes
- Theatrical trailers
- Sega game trailer
- The Avengers animated trailer

Last edited by a moderator:
Wouldn't worry to much if you don't have this yet, Im sure it will be re released as lots are these days,
you will probably be able to pick this up for £5 or £10 soon.
The "supposed" re-released version will not come close in price to this original HMV version. See how much Zavvi is going for (although many collectors were not impressed with the Zavvi re-release).

Last edited:
Never really thought much of this despite owning it back in the day. Sold it and was content for a while. All of a sudden steelbook collecting had turned into a hobby and I needed a replacement. Tried to get it again but soon found out other editions. The Amazon DE exclusive with the 3D was too much to ignore. Loved it. Didn't think much of the HMV version till I joined the forum seeking more knowledge on other steels. Whilst others are not talked about much, thread posts as proof, I was befuddled and amazed that this was the preferred version by many. A little home cooking IMO. Still an awesome version to own. The same held true for Thor as they were in stock around the same time. Hated the standard £4.50 shipping charge per item ordered but thinking about it now, it was pretty good packaging was poor though

• Helpful Post
Reactions: NoDingsNoScratches
Love this SB. I remember picking this up and walking around the HMV store but ended up putting it back as I was new to collecting and couldn't quite bring myself to spend the extra on a steelbook, how times have changed ! Ended up buying the DE version though.

Reactions: wardyyy23
There is one of these available in CEX Milton Keynes, with the j-card for £20! Steelbook looks in very good condition too.
am sure if you picked it up yourself you could potentially trade it with someone - still goes for around £40-£50 or so on Ebay, and thats AFTR all the re-released from elsewhere.

There is one of these available in CEX Milton Keynes, with the j-card for £20! Steelbook looks in very good condition too.
I was literally in MK just last week! :banghead: Would have definitely picked it up for trade purposes at least as I already own the German 3 disk edition with identical artwork... :drool:

It seems odd pricing though as when I was there last, I found a Hercules Zavvi steel w/j-card (and in very good condition too) but with a £28 price tag... :confused:

I was literally in MK just last week! :banghead: Would have definitely picked it up for trade purposes at least as I already own the German 3 disk edition with identical artwork... :drool:

It seems odd pricing though as when I was there last, I found a Hercules Zavvi steel w/j-card (and in very good condition too) but with a £28 price tag... :confused:

I noticed the Hercules one too & they also had the original Edward Scissorhands for £15.

Reactions: Mickle_89
Okay so after walking in CEX nearly every day for the past 4 years it has finally paid off (well it's paid off quite a number of times) but I finally have this bad boy in the collection.

I just need Thor HMV now

Perfect condition too, also came with the uv but I assume that's expired

image.jpeg

I didn't realise this was gloss!! With spot gloss on the back!!
Thought it was matte. So happy

(And the colouring looks much better on this compared to the new zavvi civil war steel colours, serioulsy no comparison - as mentioned by someone yesterday)