Captain America: The First Avenger (ZBOX) (Blu-ray SteelBook Lenticular) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

luke98

Premium Supporter
Jun 30, 2014
Alexandria Safe-Zone
Release date: November 23rd, 2015
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £39.99

Also see individual thread:
Captain America: The First Avenger (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook + Lenticular) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

11165425-7824323603754965.jpg

cap_full.jpg IMG_20150902_181835.jpg
11165425-1954323604208604.jpg 11165425-1524323604214388.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Must have been said already, if not by me then by others, but there are two good things about the bundles as I see it::-

(1) They give people a fair chance to pre-order a steelbook that more than likely would sell out in a matter of hours as a standalone.

(2) Cuts out the middle-man/woman as they will have to buy the items @ approx. 40 quid each and IMO they will find it difficult to make any profit on the package by selling them on.
Unlikely to see sellers offering 5 or 10 copies of the bundle, I'd say, and good luck to them if they think they can turn around the steelbook part of the bundle for GBP 40 any time soon after release.

What a load of crap :LOL::rofl::rofl::rofl:
LMFAO @luke98... Well said :LOL::rofl:

I'll be honest, I've bought 2 ****-boxes, I mean ZBOX's ;) in my time but NEVER, NEVER AGAIN :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: COPS ZBOX/Dredd and Renegades/Iron Man.

Was tempted for a split-second as I'd happily have the CA Lenti Steelbook but used my head and ain't falling for no more of Zavvi's shite-boxes... :mooning:

latest

:p:D

LMFAO @luke98... Well said :LOL::rofl:

I'll be honest, I've bought 2 ****-boxes, I mean ZBOX's ;) in my time but NEVER, NEVER AGAIN :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: COPS ZBOX/Dredd and Renegades/Iron Man.

Was tempted for a split-second as I'd happily have the CA Lenti Steelbook but used my head and ain't falling for no more of Zavvi's shite-boxes... :mooning:

latest

:p:D
I am happy with my amarays for CA 1/2 :naughty: nice try Zavvi :whistle:

Reactions: K.i.T and Mickle_89
Here's the BS from the Heroes & Villains ZBOX.

No Steelbook, but my sons happy with it.

Just for my personal interest may I ask a question of someone who has actually bought the package ?
"What is the estimated value of all the individual items in your 20 quid ZBOX ?"
I only ask because I read somewhere that there is meant to be more than 35 quid worth of stuff in each box . . .

Of course as a steelbook collector I don't approve of the policy of only making available a steelbook - any steelbook - as an exclusive with a ZBOX but I feel there is little point in blaming Zavvi for this practice as it must be working for them or else they would have discontinued it by now . . .
There is clearly a market for ZBOXs whether I or anyone else likes them or not - and that is judging from some of the recent consumer comments on the Zavvi site.
I mean, you can have a 12 month subscription with a different box every month for heaven's sake so there must be a ready market for mystery boxes and I'd say they are clearly NOT on the way out and with Christmas on the horizon . . ..
Yes, of course, I'd like the steelbook by itself but I'm not about to lose any sleep over 'Captain America' or 'Iron Man' or any other catalogue exclusive release steelbook because I will more than likely already have a steelbook of the title already in my collection.

Just for my personal interest may I ask a question of someone who has actually bought the package ?
"What is the estimated value of all the individual items in your 20 quid ZBOX ?"
I only ask because I read somewhere that there is meant to be more than 35 quid worth of stuff in each box . . .

Of course as a steelbook collector I don't approve of the policy of only making available a steelbook - any steelbook - as an exclusive with a ZBOX but I feel there is little point in blaming Zavvi for this practice as it must be working for them or else they would have discontinued it by now . . .
There is clearly a market for ZBOXs whether I or anyone else likes them or not - and that is judging from some of the recent consumer comments on the Zavvi site.
I mean, you can have a 12 month subscription with a different box every month for heaven's sake so there must be a ready market for mystery boxes and I'd say they are clearly NOT on the way out and with Christmas on the horizon . . ..
Yes, of course, I'd like the steelbook by itself but I'm not about to lose any sleep over 'Captain America' or 'Iron Man' or any other catalogue exclusive release steelbook because I will more than likely already have a steelbook of the title already in my collection.

I'm not having a go or anything but I'm pretty sure you asked this ages ago and I replied about it (might not of been you)
I've had 3 of these boxes since they started and 2 went back after a big fight. They say roughly £35-£40 but it's the RRP price they add up so when we get it we think its not worth the amount they say but zavvi add it up differently to the way we do. Like on a steelbook page it says RRP 24.99 save £6 so the price of £18.99 for example.

Also I'm not too sure it is working. They have added iron man with 2 seperate zboxes now and I imagine they will do the same with cap in a month or 2. But you might be right and it is working
Personally hope they fail through their a...

Reactions: Mickle_89
Way to go zavvi. Trying to sell what they call a premium edition of a blu-ray with a pile of ****. I will not support zavvi as long as they are forcing you to buy a zbox to get the steelbook. That is just wrong on so many levels. That alone puts them on the bottom of the retailer list for steelbook sellers when it comes to voting Retailer of the Year.

Hi, honestly I have no idea I doubt it's £35.
I gave it to my boy who's 9 and he was little "meh" so he's underwhelmed.
Thing is I'm a massive comic book Fan/Collector so marvel is my thing and I couldn't pass up the chance to own this. Doesn't mean I agree with the methods and I've even told zavvi happy to pay £40 for a steelbook just make it premium quality.
In comparison what the folks here at HDN have done with Tenebrae and Zombieland this weekend are utterly jaw dropping.

Reactions: virkia
Must have been said already, if not by me then by others, but there are two good things about the bundles as I see it::-

(1) They give people a fair chance to pre-order a steelbook that more than likely would sell out in a matter of hours as a standalone.

(2) Cuts out the middle-man/woman as they will have to buy the items @ approx. 40 quid each and IMO they will find it difficult to make any profit on the package by selling them on.
Unlikely to see sellers offering 5 or 10 copies of the bundle, I'd say, and good luck to them if they think they can turn around the steelbook part of the bundle for GBP 40 any time soon after release.

Here's an easier solution: offer the steelbook as a individual item and limit to one per household. Done.

Zbox's are NOT working - I've had 2 emails recently offering me "buy one zbox, get another zbox free!" They've obviously got piles of these in the warehouse.

I'm glad I didn't fall into the hype for the steel. What a sh**box. I'll buy the steel if it gets an individual release. Otherwise I'll just pass.

I'm glad I didn't fall into the hype for the steel. What a sh**box. I'll buy the steel if it gets an individual release. Otherwise I'll just pass.

Same here. If it wont be avaliable individually down the line, ill just pass on it also.
I'm not going to get tricked into buying this crap and literally take a piss on the steelbook community, because in my opinion, thats exactly what people do when they buy this.

Here's an easier solution: offer the steelbook as a individual item and limit to one per household. Done.

That will NEVER happen and it's unreasonable to expect such a thing to happen IMO.
What's more, the 5 per customer rule is obviously TOTAL BS - what with more than one/multiple accounts - and I've lost count of the number of times I've seen 8, 10 - and even 40 available on one occasion - for a Zavvi exclusive steelbook on the secondary market (NOT Zavvi Outlet before anyone asks).

Last edited:
Zbox's are NOT working - I've had 2 emails recently offering me "buy one zbox, get another zbox free!" They've obviously got piles of these in the warehouse.

If they are not working they would stop making them and if the ONLY WAY for them to shift the boxes is to tie them in with steelbooks then THAT POLICY will remain as it is.
It makes NO SENSE for a business to pursue/carry on with a loss-making operation and it makes EVERY SENSE to tie the boxes to steelbooks if they can't shift them without.

It seems every time I check my emails they are offering a z box with another incentive, buy one get one half price, buy one get one free, free mystery z box with each purchase, last months box for a tenner, free Dredd badge with any z box ( they even inexplicably attached a free Dredd badge to the star wars steel books, how many of those things do they have left?) the iron man steel has reappeared numerous times, these z boxes obviously aren't selling well hence the ever increasing desperation of offers and incentives, now attaching desired steelbooks to the package isn't doing much to increase sales but like a stubborn child zavvi seem insistant that the z box is here to stay, and they will continue with them out of spite. I'm half expecting one day to visit the zavvi website to be told I can't order anything from the site unless I buy a z box with it....

There is certainly a market for these boxes, and I think they are just trying to increase sales. However I think the vast majority of steelbook collectors probably won't be interested in them.

Trying to force these onto steelbook collectors is a bit naughty in my opinion.