Captain America: The First Avenger (ZBOX) (Blu-ray SteelBook Lenticular) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

luke98

Premium Supporter
Jun 30, 2014
Alexandria Safe-Zone
Release date: November 23rd, 2015
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £39.99

Also see individual thread:
Captain America: The First Avenger (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook + Lenticular) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

11165425-7824323603754965.jpg

cap_full.jpg IMG_20150902_181835.jpg
11165425-1954323604208604.jpg 11165425-1524323604214388.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Well the iron man renegades box is still avaliable so surely it will be sold on its own.
Knew this would now be the norm.

Anyone whos seen my messages from zavvi in the age of ultron thread and iron man thread will see that they haven't even sorted their systems out yet for split orders where the whole payment has been taken so I don't trust the way they have set these up. Hopefully my age of ultron order don't mess up but after being told although I've paid £38 im not guaranteed my steelbook. That alone should put people off

It is getting ridiculous now, the constant abuse and criticism that is. The sense of entitlement is quite staggering.

Its not abuse its customers voicing their opinion and they have a right to do so as without these customers Zavvi would not have had the success they got with steelbook releases and when you start to annoy or limit customers options you loose customers not gain them

Zavvi have done very well with getting lots of new customers who collect steelbooks in the past 2 years and also same time these customers purchasing other products for sale as a result

Zavvi have provided a lot of very good steelbooks some yes were not so great but most have been good and some were amazing releases and that's good for Zavvi and their customers

A lot of steelbook collectors want to buy a steelbook release not a Zbox package and that's why there has been lots of posts in the threads with members annoyed about the Zbox
There is of course is customers who do want or like a Zbox that's fine and whoever wants or likes a Zbox I don't have any issues or problems with that as how could I

Its a very simple solution Zavvi can have both Zbox and steelbook collectors happy and neither of them be getting annoyed
Let customers order a steelbook on its own
Let customers order a Zbox on its own
Let customers order both Zbox and steelbook if they want both

All Zavvi will achieve by releasing a steelbook only available with a Zbox is loose some of their regular steelbook customers by annoying them and then struggle to sell a release they might have sold better that was available on its own

Zavvi
Its really very simple let customers choose what they want to purchase not limit your customers to what they can purchase
Lets customers order separate or both a steelbook or a Zbox
I understand them wanting to make money from Zbox releases but they can achieve this still by providing both items available separately and offer a discount to buy both

It is getting ridiculous now, the constant abuse and criticism that is. The sense of entitlement is quite staggering.

i have to agree. They are a company they can do as they please.

I am not the biggest fan of zavvi but this endless abuse is so tiresome and really dragging the site down.

Last edited:
What the friggin fark!?????
Will this seriously be the new thing? Zavvi, I'm done.

Last edited:
i have to agree. They are a company they can do as they please.

I am not the biggest fan of zavvi but this endless abuse is so tiresome and really dragging the site down.

There are many other glorious releases posted on this site and awesome people posting to prevent this site from being dragged down. People can have an opinion as long as it is respectful. Zavvi is a retailer selling to customers. They should be open to hearing what their customer base thinks.

There are many other glorious releases posted on this site and awesome people posting to prevent this site from being dragged down. People can have an opinion as long as it is respectful. Zavvi is a retailer selling to customers. They should be open to hearing what their customer base thinks.

Yes there are great releases and great people and I love the site but since this happened it has become so tiresome regarding these boxes/steels.

Everytime I go in these threads hoping to just hear any actual discussion of the actual items it's just abuse and repetitive sense of betrayal, it's a company that can do as they please. It is a shame and with this new one it's going to just be another 40 pages of big bad zavvi and how dare they do this. Ok some people may not agree with the process but can't we just all move on. If you don't want it don't buy it, don't like it then don't just repetitively post "...how dare they not release it alone, blah blah"
They don't have to release them at all.

Yes there are great releases and great people and I love the site but since this happened it has become so tiresome regarding these boxes/steels.

Everytime I go in these threads hoping to just hear any actual discussion of the actual items it's just abuse and repetitive sense of betrayal, it's a company that can do as they please. It is a shame and with this new one it's going to just be another 40 pages of big bad zavvi and how dare they do this. Ok some people may not agree with the process but can't we just all move on. If you don't want it don't buy it, don't like it then don't just repetitively post "...how dare they not release it alone, blah blah"
They don't have to release them at all.

I'm sorry but IF zavvi do read this then I want them to see the negativity so they can see what they are doing to collectors. This makes me want to stop collecting and others too. Why they are targeting steelbook collectors is beyond me except money and milking us. They think this is there equivalent to asian steels with extras but it's far from that.

And to be honest but you frustrate me a bit with all this sticking up for them considering what they have done to you. But then again you have let them walk all over you. You just want the Zbox for a pop vinyl which they sell on their site and you might alreay have. It's not as if they add an exclusive pop vinyl in the cr*p box

I'm sorry but IF zavvi do read this then I want them to see the negativity so they can see what they are doing to collectors. This makes me want to stop collecting and others too. Why they are targeting steelbook collectors is beyond me except money and milking us. They think this is there equivalent to asian steels with extras but it's far from that.

And to be honest but you frustrate me a bit with all this sticking up for them considering what they have done to you. But then again you have let them walk all over you. You just want the Zbox for a pop vinyl which they sell on their site and you might alreay have. It's not as if they add an exclusive pop vinyl in the cr*p box

To be honest I don't just want it for a pop, I just said I wouldn't mind if one was included.

Zavvi have also been bad to you yet you also still purchase from them so please don't make out as if I am the only one. Just because you don't want this bundle, you do buy other stuff.

I want an ironman steelbook, I don't have any version of it. With my discount, the package was about £35 so say £25 for the steel and £10 for the zbox, it's not so bad. When you look at Fa and Kimchi prices people are paying high premiums for a few cards etc

It's up to me and anyone else who wishes to purchase this and people constantly slagging those people is pretty sad.

I understand some concerns but the sense of entitlement and rage is ridiculous.

I do dislike zavvi and do wish they did things better and treated customers much better, but from what we both know they don't listen to customers or even read messages properly so I highly doubt they bother reading 40 pages of people complaining. I don't think they care. There are some people who just buy the zboxes and like them and they see it as you are getting a mystery box which people seem to like with a very special steelbook included perhaps they should release them alone but that's the whole point then a huge percentage of people would buy the bundle with the zbox which they want to sell.

I hate that I am sorta defending them when I think they are an extremely questionable company but this nonsense and rude judgement of people who have ordered or don't think it's the end of the world either way if they release it with or without is ridiculous and this exact thing is what is dragging the site down. :(

Reactions: moonbucket
hey folks, if there is a thread or a series of posts that do get off topic, and a moderator hasn't taken a peek yet, you can also report the post (or posts).

this sends a message to a special spot that all moderators and staff can see.

please remember that you, members, as a group can make this community what you'd like it to be, and also keep things on track by alerting moderators.

there's enough conversation going on in different spots that staff and mods can't be everywhere, but this is where regular members can pitch in too. ;)

report.jpg

hey folks, any further off topic discussion on this thread will be deleted, points have been made.

help us help you.

thanks.

I totally agree and have been saying this over and over in these threads.

Can we PLEASE just talk about the items!!!

I would love the new mystery steelbook to be agent carter, I love the series and it really deserve a lovely steelbook, zbox or not :)

Reactions: apsmith21
I was wondering again could it possibly be Daredevil series?

I hope it's not incredible hulk as I do have that.

A tshirt in the Box would be good, some of the tshirts have been good, although I know it wasn't an option for the iron man as they didn't ask size.

What other ones do people think it will be??

Will they announce before release like with ironman?? :)

I was wondering again could it possibly be Daredevil series?

I hope it's not incredible hulk as I do have that.

A tshirt in the Box would be good, some of the tshirts have been good, although I know it wasn't an option for the iron man as they didn't ask size.

What other ones do people think it will be??

Will they announce before release like with ironman?? :)
It wont be Incredible hulk
Zavvi already confirmed it wont be the steelbook as the distribution rights is with Universal and not Marvel/Disney

Incredible Hulk Home Media distribution is and will remain with Universal
Marvel don't have the distribution rights for any home media release they only have the rights to the Hulk Character but not the rights to a solo film of the Hulk (They can use the Hulk in the Marvel universe films as long as its not a solo film of the hulk)
Universal have first refusal to any new solo Hulk film and marvel cant do any solo film unless universal drop the rights to a new film

Last edited: