In Memoriam
Apr 21, 2009
UK
Release date: August 13th, 2014
Extras/Gifts: Limited Baseball Cap
Buy links:
JSDVD.com
Book.com.tw
YesAsia - Ships August 27th, 2014 (Free International Shipping)

ca2-twn-jpg.82373

Limited Pre-order gift:
ca-tws-tw-gift-2-jpg.83589

Attachments

• CA2 TWN.jpg
    CA2 TWN.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 4,740
  • CA-TWS-TW-gift-2.jpg
    CA-TWS-TW-gift-2.jpg
    156.2 KB · Views: 4,325
Last edited by a moderator:
I bought mine through yes asia
And put the description through google translate and it mentioned a free cap plus a captain america notebook anyone else seen this or is google translate just crap

I pre-ordered one through books.tw, which shows the cap as part of the order. It wasn't easy: I had to use Chrome to translate every page, and had to figure out how to register, too.

Will this be like Korea with glossy and embossed shield?

It's the same steelbook in Korea as it is worldwide release and it doesn't have any embossing, only the Taiwanese Steel will/may probably have embossed slip cover(like Thor 2), Korean version if any is only J-Card.

The embossed one is the FutureShop Exclusive

It's the same steelbook in Korea as it is worldwide release and it doesn't have any embossing, only the Taiwanese Steel will/may probably have embossed slip cover(like Thor 2), Korean version if any is only J-Card.

The embossed one is the FutureShop Exclusive
You got that wrong mate. FS is debossed title and worldwide release is glossy with embossed shield and no title.

Well I preordered my copy of Captain America on JSDVD.com, this was my first time using the site. I did not find it easy to understand or navigate. The way you had to pay with your credit card was odd. I got 4 separate emails after finishing my payment. So below is a quote from one of the emails that was concerning shipping. It reads as if I need to go on the site at another specific time to make an additional shipping payment possibly? If anyone has used this site in the past tell me I'm either reading into this wrong and making it to complicated or there is something more I need to do in order to pay for my Steelbook? Any help would be much appreciated. Below is the part of the shipping email that I wasn't sure about.

"When you place your order, you will go to the check out web for charging the item(s). When we prepare your item(s) ready to ship, you will receive the notice email and you must go to the guarding web to check out for shipping fee.(cause we have to calculate total weight of ordered item(s) to decide the shipping fee).please notice after you finish the shipping fee charging, the ordered item(s) also would be shipped. If you could not received the notice email, please check your Order Status History after place orders, sorry for any inconvenience."

Last edited:
When it's in stock and ready to ship JSDVD sends you a follow up email to pay for shipping. You follow the link in the email and it takes you to checkout for the shipping fee. Follow the same process as you did when paying for the steelbook, and bang you're done. Sounds complex but it's easy ;)

Yup. JSDVD are great IMO. Used them 3 times before and their service is great, packaging is great and the quality of their steels are great. What more could I ask for? :D

You got that wrong mate. FS is debossed title and worldwide release is glossy with embossed shield and no title.

if I May ask, where did you get the info that the worlwide release(as it is not WEA) had the embossed shield ? Don't get me wrong if this is tru this would be so amazing, but I never heard from any source that it was embossed. To my knowledge and info profided by the Ninjas, only the FS is debossed title.

From the info we were given, the worldwide release is glossy, no title, doesn't have the cap and no debossed shield, same format Marvel is following as Thor 2 for their steel to match. Same picture as in Post #125 and Zavvi website.

Just really curious as to where this info comes from, that's all

Last edited:
if I May ask, where did you get the info that the worlwide release(as it is not WEA) had the embossed shield ? Don't get me wrong if this is tru this would be so amazing, but I never heard from any source that it was embossed. To my knowledge and info profided by the Ninjas, only the FS is debossed title.

From the info we were given, the worldwide release is glossy, no title, doesn't have the cap and no debossed shield, same format Marvel is following as Thor 2 for their steel to match. Same picture as in Post #125 and Zavvi website.

Just really curious as to where this info comes from, that's all

Choi mentioned it Korean thread which I can't find any more (comment is deleted). But you can look at post # 22 on Korean thread where another member had quoted Choi's comment.

if you are right, I WILL BE VERY HAPPY, but from what I know so far as I have been following Marvel's releases, is that they wanted to have CA TWS to be similar in design as THOR 2. Thor has a fully gloss no debossing and the Characters on the spine. This CA TWS steel seems to be very similar in Design as of the Thor 2. But if it is correct and the shield is debossed I would say this would bring this release to a different level. I would be thrilled. If Korea is debossed shield than worldwide it will be debossed.

if you are right, I WILL BE VERY HAPPY, but from what I know so far as I have been following Marvel's releases, is that they wanted to have CA TWS to be similar in design as THOR 2. Thor has a fully gloss no debossing and the Characters on the spine. This CA TWS steel seems to be very similar in Design as of the Thor 2. But if it is correct and the shield is debossed I would say this would bring this release to a different level. I would be thrilled. If Korea is debossed shield than worldwide it will be debossed.

I said embossed shield, not debossed :)

Btw, I don't have TW Thor 2, is it full gloss as you mentioned above?

my bad, I meant embossed... Yes Worldwide Release of Thor 2 is Fully Gloss, no title and Characters on spine... and true I saw in the Korean Thread that Choi was told(he didn't see it) by publisher that shield would be embossed... so that would mean that World wide all countries would be embossed as well... This is strange as it is only mentioned in that only post. This is what it is said to Choi, I believe you but from personal experience, this release in my opinion will be fully Gloss no effect on the shield. I HOPE I AM WRONG AND THE SHIEL WILL BE EMBOSSED THAT WOULD BE SO COOL. In Any case we don't have much to wait to get our Steels as it is released in 3 weeks.

PS: Taiwan Thor 2 is same as Captain America it is World wide Release so all countries had/will have the same steel all the same.