Captain America: The Winter Soldier (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Best Buy Exclusive) [USA]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: September 9, 2014
Purchase link: Captain America: The Winter Soldier
Price: $29.99; $24.99 on release week
SKU: 7750005
Group Buy: Click here
Notes: Debossed title on front cover, title on spine, 3D + 2D + digital copy

captainamericasteelbook-213x300.jpg

steelbook-inside-art-jpg.73466

Last edited by a moderator:
Forgot to mention -- the debossing is a rather nice touch for the BB/FS release.
But personally, I would rather glossy with no embossing/debossing vs. matte with embossing/debossing.

thing with the EU edition is that it looks like the embossing/debossing is f**cked lol :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

I was hoping it was something new & funky, but it looks like the other guys were prbly right. But cuz USA edition is different i guess we'll never know 4 sure :dunno:

Aint non of that wit this one :thumbs: and ofc u get what should be the most basic thing of any steelbook:
- the name of the film on the front and the spine! :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: DJ IXS
Same treatment as Thor 2? Darn. Was hoping for a higher quality finish even if it wasn't glossy. Thor 2 was just bad. Granted, I own it because it was cheaper than import but not doing that for this release. The international CA2 is just too damn sexy. Not the same case on Thor 2.

Same treatment as Thor 2? Darn. Was hoping for a higher quality finish even if it wasn't glossy. Thor 2 was just bad. Granted, I own it because it was cheaper than import but not doing that for this release. The international CA2 is just too damn sexy. Not the same case on Thor 2.

It's better than Thor 2. When it comes out in Sept, you'll see it's a far better steel than Thor 2.

Reactions: Ricker
Is anyone else a tad bit upset that its a matte finish?

Im not too upset because with a gloss finish on US steels, 9 times out of 10 there's all kind of imperfections! I'd rather have a clean matte finish like Thor 2, or Assault on Arkham, then have hella issues like Son of Batman or Enders game, django, lawless, killing the softly, anchorman 2 et cet et cetra.

Rarely does the US not screw up a gloss finish, amd it comes out perfect like, Into Darkness, like GI Joe Retaliation, & The evil dead remake.

So again, CLEAN MATTE FINISH OVER SLOPPY GLOSS FINISH any day.

Reactions: schrute farms
Im gunna go way overboard on this release!!!!!

Not only just because its a Best Buy exclusive, a US Marvel release, Captain America, or because its debossed with a spine...its because ALL OF THE ABOVE plus its an AWESOME FILM!!! hell yeah!!!!!!

Im gunna have my girlfriend order like 5 copies at like 2 or 3 different stores and Im gunna do the same. I want to end up with like 10 cherry copies. A few for me and the rest for Christmas gifts!!!

Reactions: bloodsnake007
Im not too upset because with a gloss finish on US steels, 9 times out of 10 there's all kind of imperfections! I'd rather have a clean matte finish like Thor 2, or Assault on Arkham, then have hella issues like Son of Batman or Enders game, django, lawless, killing the softly, anchorman 2 et cet et cetra.

Rarely does the US not screw up a gloss finish, amd it comes out perfect like, Into Darkness, like GI Joe Retaliation, & The evil dead remake.

So again, CLEAN MATTE FINISH OVER SLOPPY GLOSS FINISH any day.

Yeah, I no longer buy US glossy steelbooks, they re just not made the same. Old US glossy steelbooks didnt cause so many fingerprints as they do now. Glossy steelbooks today chip and scratch easier, sometimes you can see interlaced horizontal lines on the artwork, like a picture from a printer running out of ink. Matte finish steelbooks in the US on the other hand have slightly improved recently, if they would just use darker black paint and a little better resolution, they'd be perfect.

The Evil Dead Target Steelbook, I think, might have been the last premium quality glossy steelbook in the US.