Captain America: The Winter Soldier (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Best Buy Exclusive) [USA]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: September 9, 2014
Purchase link: Captain America: The Winter Soldier
Price: $29.99; $24.99 on release week
SKU: 7750005
Group Buy: Click here
Notes: Debossed title on front cover, title on spine, 3D + 2D + digital copy

captainamericasteelbook-213x300.jpg

steelbook-inside-art-jpg.73466

Last edited by a moderator:
image.jpg

Unfortunatly This release had a ton of factory imperfections :(

Did anyone notice all these!

There wasn't just a stack of perfect copies. NEARLY all of the Cap2 steels had imperfections such as: O.C.S.S. (off center spine syndrome) , Spine slash under plastic seal, and random Knicks and scratches!

It was bery Frustrating given the super limited amout of copies wach store got. OUT OF ALL THE COPIES I SORTED THROUGH I ONLY MANAGED TO FIND 2 perfect copies! :) one to open, & one to keep sealed.

Finish quality is fine, thats not what bothers me. This was just as scarce as Thor 2 Im betting the print was about the same, maybe even more.

A Shout out to all the ninjas who are in the running for my Christmas giveaway! THE GIVEAWAY COPY IS SECURE!!! More details to come about that!
image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
Each store that I went to Tuesday morning had 8-10 copies in the POS display. Out of those 8-10 copies, on the average I found 3 at each store that had no imperfections.

Just got my orders in the mail today, all shipped in the dreaded plastic bags! After quick inspection, the copies appear to be ok but some people are going to get denters due to BB's craptastic packaging.

Can anyone post a pic of the dreaded plastic bags? I'm curious, because it's not like they had a great shipping model before, but a plastic bag???

Can anyone post a pic of the dreaded plastic bags? I'm curious, because it's not like they had a great shipping model before, but a plastic bag???

This is what mine came in. (Not my actual photo.) And absolutely no protection around the steelbook itself. Unreal...

520320161_161.jpg

Just when you thought it couldn't be worse than the dreaded A1 mailers that Zavvi was using recently. :angry:

Mine actually came in a sort of cardboard box without any padding or bubble wrap. The contents could easily be crushed but thankfully didn't.

JklcuEI.jpg

Mine actually came in a sort of cardboard box without any padding or bubble wrap. The contents could easily be crushed but thankfully didn't.

JklcuEI.jpg

Unfortunately, that's their norm. It looks like they took a piece of cardboard, split it in half, and put a movie in between the two halves and glued it shut.

View attachment 100153
Unfortunatly This release had a ton of factory imperfections :(

Did anyone notice all these!

There wasn't just a stack of perfect copies. NEARLY all of the Cap2 steels had imperfections such as: O.C.S.S. (off center spine syndrome) , Spine slash under plastic seal, and random Knicks and scratches!

It was bery Frustrating given the super limited amout of copies wach store got. OUT OF ALL THE COPIES I SORTED THROUGH I ONLY MANAGED TO FIND 2 perfect copies! :) one to open, & one to keep sealed.

Finish quality is fine, thats not what bothers me. This was just as scarce as Thor 2 Im betting the print was about the same, maybe even more.

A Shout out to all the ninjas who are in the running for my Christmas giveaway! THE GIVEAWAY COPY IS SECURE!!! More details to come about that!
View attachment 100151
View attachment 100152

Good haul buddy :thumbs:

Is that your soon to be ice bucket in the far right hand corner? :naughty:

• Helpful Post
Reactions: NoDingsNoScratches
greaatttttt........steelbook came, in cardboard mailer, all looked mint and nice, but i guess i got lucky and got a noisy one.:mad:

See here:

Is there an easy way to fix this? If I could I was just keep the front of the old one but sadly steelboooks don't mix like that. I hope someone knows of fix since everywhere near by is OOS. It is very cold today so I don't know if that as anything to do with it.

after reading about spine and matt finish on this, i thought i wouldn't like the U.S. release. But, after i opened it and sat with it for a while, i actually like it with the debossed title and matt finish. seems like all the high techy stuff in the film is matt finish, so i wonder if it was intentional more than a cost savings. i am very happy with this version, but it would nice to see a side by side. even though the uk has a gloss, it seemed like it had more metal visible thru the paint.

Last edited:
Reactions: ash333
just got home from vacation to find my copy in the mail....came in the white plastic bag. There seems to be a small dent in the side opposite the spine. I have a copy for pick-up that I need to get tomorrow. I'm hoping that one is perfect but who knows.