Captain America: The Winter Soldier (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Best Buy Exclusive) [USA]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: September 9, 2014
Purchase link: Captain America: The Winter Soldier
Price: $29.99; $24.99 on release week
SKU: 7750005
Group Buy: Click here
Notes: Debossed title on front cover, title on spine, 3D + 2D + digital copy

captainamericasteelbook-213x300.jpg

steelbook-inside-art-jpg.73466

Last edited by a moderator:
We tried to watch it yesterday brand new disc and it skips not sure what to do about it because I can't exchange it as they are no longer in store.

US - Captain America - The Winter Soldier

Huge thanks to @apsmith for this. Great condition. Cheers mate. Happy to add this version to the Marvel / Capt collection. Great to see a debossed title and spine title. Such a shame that they give this to the US with one hand and then take away the gloss and embossing with the other. But this is unique and more than happy :)

IMG_7693.JPG
IMG_7691.JPG IMG_7692.JPG IMG_7694.JPG IMG_7695.JPG IMG_7696.JPG IMG_7697.JPG IMG_7698.JPG IMG_7699.JPG

We tried to watch it yesterday brand new disc and it skips not sure what to do about it because I can't exchange it as they are no longer in store.

Hey Dizz - have you tried another blu-ray player, just in case? So if skips in another player, and you think the disc is defective, you could do a couple of things.

One of which is that you could return to the store, but as you said they'll ask for the steelbook package back.

I almost wonder if it would be worth buying the amaray case, and swapping the disc out from that and returning the amaray to the store. But then it's likely just an exchange since it's open, right? (not sure if they refund on open items).

I'd be willing to help you @ cost if you want some assistance with another steelbook, but I'm not sure that's your best solution.

Hope some of this info helps.

• Informative
Reactions: NoDingsNoScratches
In the comparison shots the US cover artwork seems a little more zoomed in than the UK art. Is that just an optical illusion due to the camera angle?

In the comparison shots the US cover artwork seems a little more zoomed in than the UK art. Is that just an optical illusion due to the camera angle?

The difference you see is probably that the US one is centered slightly higher. It's most noticable by the top of the hangar and the platform hes standing on.

I dont really know which one I like the best. The UK one has way superior color and is also glossy which looks really really nice in hand. US colors are washed out and dont come close in comparison in that regard.
On the other hand the UK versions botched debossing of the hangar looks completely stupid and the US one got that awesome debossed title. On its own the US steel is pretty handsome.

Last edited:
Novamedia > Korea non-exclusive > UK > US
Disagree :D
I think US steel is better than all so far just because of the horrendous embossing. Nice slips and all, but the steels themselves suck, in my personal opinion. The way I see it is the same as getting a scratched or dented steel. Worse so since the product was known to be defective and still was distributed by the companies. And even worse than that, consumers bought it like it was perfectly fine and the way it should be.

I did not get any except for a Future Shop steel yet. Also signed up for Blufans :bag:

As for the slips, there some nice ones. I would place them in the following order: NM > Thailand > Korea > HK > Taiwan > all else for now (Korea might be ahead of Thailand since I keep changing my mind). :happy:

• Helpful Post
Reactions: NoDingsNoScratches