Captain America: The Winter Soldier (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook Lenticular) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: November 30, 2015
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £24.99

11192346-8604340183077668.jpg

11192346-2514340183091765.jpg11192346-9674340183108253.jpg

Last edited:
Hmm I might get this one as well as Guardians, as the art is nice and the film was pretty awesome.

Not sure what back art is the "true" back art though (as the art flip flops on the two images). I assume it will be the same as the original poster, so Widow on the right.

I like the art also, but I already got the UK and the US release. Dont really feel the need to tripledip. And we dont know anything about finish or debossing yet, so im hesitant.
I could just sell the other ones though :3

I'm so torn because Winter Soldier is my favourite MCU movie (maybe you can tell from my username and avatar lol), but I already have all the Walmart slipcovers, US and Australian steelbooks, as well as the Novamedia and Blufans releases, so I've got more than enough, but now I'm feeling all completist. Will have to mull this over before it goes live and make a decision. :confused:

I'm so torn because Winter Soldier is my favourite MCU movie (maybe you can tell from my username and avatar lol), but I already have all the Walmart slipcovers, US and Australian steelbooks, as well as the Novamedia and Blufans releases, so I've got more than enough, but now I'm feeling all completist. Will have to mull this over before it goes live and make a decision. :confused:

Not the best excuse my friend - i have a few more copies and i will get this one regardless. :naughty:

This artwork looks amazing and the best of the wave IMHO, for £24.99 and a 10% discount code I might buy this one. @extantsrevenge is spot on, which is why I've grown to accept my collection as it is instead of rebuying the same titles, watching the ones I have and adding unique titles from independent distributors like Criterion, Arrow and BFI has given more perspective on collecting. Although the occasional catalogue title is fine. @C.C. 95 I agree, but I believe as consumers and supporters of the Zavvi brand it's our duty to chime in and let them know. This is their livelihood after all.

I think the TBC prices are purely experimental. Although I wouldn't put it past them for considering it.

I'll be picking this one up and guardians. The only two worthy enough.

If it isn't gloss finish it's going straight back to zavvi

I'll be picking this one up and guardians. The only two worthy enough.

If it isn't gloss finish it's going straight back to zavvi

Get ready to send it back then...:whistle::rofl:

It would be a pleasant surprise if it was gloss though, I am not hopeful what with recent Marvel Steelbooks and the Avengers Assemble Lenticular being matte.

Would look ok as matte if the colors are vibrant and not washed out. Some spotglossing on the star and Cap would look cool.

Attachments

• 2015-11-18 19.04.28.png
    2015-11-18 19.04.28.png
    136.5 KB · Views: 162
Reactions: virkia
This is very dangerous for zavvi ! If they don't follow this with a release of Iron man "1" & "2", captain america "1" as stand alone's in the very near future, they will "kill" steelbook collecting for many of us !!!! You have been warned ! Don't bite the hand that feed's you !
:rofl: wow neo calm down!!!:naughty: ;)
200_s.gif

Reactions: Mickle_89
Cheer's "Luke98", am still waiting for the ultimate double lenticular super duper collector's edition of all current marvel film's in a super jumbo shield case with silver leaf highlight's to be replaced next year with the updated gold leaf version ! Lol.

Reactions: luke98
Not the best excuse my friend - i have a few more copies and i will get this one regardless. :naughty:
Lol. Well there's also the fact that the exchange rate against the £ sucks for me right now, and also that I'm not a huge fan of the artwork. I quite like the red star and the Winter Soldier and Cap fighting part, but the full body shot of Cap isn't quite to my taste. But since I'm such a big fan maybe I'll just get it for completion's sake. A 10% off coupon sure would sweeten the deal though. ;)

Reactions: monsterzebra
Still undecided if I want this or not, if it turns out to be a major improvement over my US steelbook then I'll have to have it. So I may just stick an order in just incase.

Relax, its going to be 24.99.. Its Zavvi were talking about. Its not like they ever get anything right.