Captain America: The Winter Soldier (3D+2D SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Release date: August 18th, 2014
Purchase link: Captain America: TWS Sold out!
Price:
£24.99
Notes: Print run of 6000 for UK

10938635-1397756244-831720.jpg

10938635-1397756244-831892.jpg

10938635-1397756244-831864.jpg 10938635-1397756244-831830.jpg thumb.jpg

Original temp artwork:
10938635-1395773992-652897.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Why did u order it in the first place if it's corny rubbish?

well it could be that he saw it in stock and he bought it, as we do without thinking too much, in order to secure our copy, and the more we read about people's comments, and what is out there, our opinion may change !!!

I had 3 on order which I did fast when in stock so not to lose it. But after thinking about it, and the choices out there I also cancelled this steel and will get my copies from several other different countries.

Last edited:
Reactions: levi
Why did u order it in the first place if it's corny rubbish?

exactly, i saw the light and changed my mind.

i got drawn into the hype, had to have that highly collectible steel that would definitely sell out.

then i realised i dont even like captain america (i mean, captain america... really!?) i would hate this rubbish on my shelf.

cancelled

Reactions: Slinchafi

i got drawn into the hype, had to have that highly collectible steel that would definitely sell out.

then i realised i dont even like captain america (i mean, captain america... really!?) i would hate this rubbish on my shelf.

cancelled

I bet this 'piece of rubbish' as you call it, Will be the centerpiece of ur entire Rubbish collection. On ur rubbish shelf. ;)

cancelled

I'll go out on a limb here and guess that you haven't seen the film yet. ;)

captain america. can you imagine captain britain, captain france, captain italy, captain brazil etc. ugh, really, really, really, really corny.

---------- Post added at 10:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:52 PM ----------

I bet this 'piece of rubbish' as you call it, Will be the centerpiece of ur entire Rubbish collection. On ur rubbish shelf. ;)

lol this single film would have ruined my collection.

captain america. can you imagine captain britain, captain france, captain italy, captain brazil etc. ugh, really, really, really, really corny.

---------- Post added at 10:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:52 PM ----------

lol this single film would have ruined my collection.

a character who was created in light of WW 2 to boast morale is corney ? good one buddy

Reactions: levi and psychoscot
Last edited:
Reactions: psychoscot
i did see the first captain america. it certainly doesnt make any serious statements about americas role in history, its not even very nostalgic or particularly patriotic in its message... its just a corny superhero romantic comedy, aimed primarily at women (this is confirmed by the numerous gratuitous upper body nudity scenes of captain america) ... so any suggestion this film is a sensitive study of post world war america is laughable. its just popcorn fodder.

they probably just wanted to make a romantic comedy, and used the captain america license to help it sell.

i wouldnt consider watching the second film and it would be embarrassing to own it.

i did see the first captain america. it certainly doesnt make any serious statements about americas role in history, its not even very nostalgic or particularly patriotic in its message... its just a corny superhero romantic comedy, aimed primarily at women (this is confirmed by the numerous gratuitous upper body nudity scenes of captain america) ... so any suggestion this film is a sensitive study of post world war america is laughable. its just popcorn fodder.

they probably just wanted to make a romantic comedy, and used the captain america license to help it sell.

i wouldnt consider watching the second film and it would be embarrassing to own it.

And the funniest post of the year goes to .... :hilarious:

thank you for your 2 cents buddy, we get that you dont like captain and we're all entitled to our own opinion but lets get back to the actual steelbook. And as you stated, you haven't even seen the second film so all this discussion is just a moot point

question you goto ask yourself brad how many more steels would £24.99 go towards and if you got the one you really want does it not seem a waste/excessive? for me i'm on the BB gb and as such that do me. I cancelled my zavvi CA yesterday the way i looked at it it was worth steel and a half extra by doing that, anyway suppose horses for courses as they say.

basil :thumbs:

Tis a very good point well made Basil, you've convinced me to just cancel :thumbs:

I prefer the colours on the titled Thor 2 over the titless one. Far deeper and better defined, and I have both :cool:

I agree, deeper finish on the US one and I'm sure it'll be the same with CA2! :scat:

Too much to hope for gloss eh? :naughty:

I know what you are saying, Marvel made other films about a man in an iron suit,another man that can summon lightning with a hammer,another feller who gets so frustrated that he turns green - These things are just not realistic at all ;-) :oohyeah:

i did see the first captain america. i wouldnt consider watching the second film and it would be embarrassing to own it.

"Try it before you say you don't like it"...It's a common expression.

You've never heard of it.

I think The Winter Soldier was about 5 times better than The First Avenger...

Last edited:
"Try it before you say you don't like it"...It's a common expression.

You've never heard of it.

I think The Winter Soldier was about 5 times better than The First Avenger...

You've hit the nail on the head there! :thumbs:

I felt first film was too long, probably due to having to set up the whole concept and origin story before it got going.
So I could see why people may be on the fence about seeing another Captain America film.

The sequel however was miles better, the plot was more focused, the action sequences were ramped up and The Cap given some actual character and wit.

Nobody is saying the winter soldier anything other than popcorn fodder Levi, but it's a strange attitude to not even give it a shot.