Captain America: The Winter Soldier (3D+2D SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Release date: August 18th, 2014
Purchase link: Captain America: TWS Sold out!
Price:
£24.99
Notes: Print run of 6000 for UK

10938635-1397756244-831720.jpg

10938635-1397756244-831892.jpg

10938635-1397756244-831864.jpg 10938635-1397756244-831830.jpg thumb.jpg

Original temp artwork:
10938635-1395773992-652897.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got home and opened mine up. Nice looking steel, but I really don't like the embossing that frames the steel. Left side is fine and follows the shape of the aircraft door, but the right side doesn't... Rather than being a reflection of the left side embossing it has a weird squiggly path to it that I can't understand the logic to. Bugs me to death.

Mine finally arrived, and to say I'm utterly horrified, shocked and disappointed is most definitely an understatement.

It looks like the mailmen played football with it around their local sorting office, then got a small pack of elephants to trample on it for a couple of minutes for good measure. To be honest, I'm surprised it even managed to fit inside the standard white Zavvi cardboard box.

The embossing on The Cap shield makes up for the odd sunlight debossing (which I'm not too bothered about as its in the corner)
If only this had a title on it, then it would have been an awesome steelbook.

Mine finally arrived, and to say I'm utterly horrified, shocked and disappointed is most definitely an understatement.

It looks like the mailmen played football with it around their local sorting office, then got a small pack of elephants to trample on it for a couple of minutes for good measure. To be honest, I'm surprised it even managed to fit inside the standard white Zavvi cardboard box.

Please send that picture to Zavvi and tell them that's how you received it! Would love to see the reply :p

Reactions: Ronnie3067
I only breath a sigh of relief when I actually open the steelbook as the slipcase hides the back so there is no way of knowing if your steelbook is 100% A1 until you open it.

Got mine yesterday, another steelbook with knife cuts across the spine again, talking from experience and frustration there is no quality control at zavvi. Its sold out so the only thing I can do now is hope some are left over from cancelled orders and go back on sale. :mad: :angry: :bored: :arghh: :banghead: :jawdrop:

• Informative
Reactions: NoDingsNoScratches
They all have the same artwork i think,but for me i like to have a slip included to give it the extra boost...

Got mine yesterday, another steelbook with knife cuts across the spine again, talking from experience and frustration there is no quality control at zavvi. Its sold out so the only thing I can do now is hope some are left over from cancelled orders and go back on sale. :mad: :angry: :bored: :arghh: :banghead: :jawdrop:

That sucks, man. Sorry to hear that. I hope when mine finally gets here it doesn't have FKS (Freddie Krueger Syndrome)