Captain America: The Winter Soldier (3D+2D SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Release date: August 18th, 2014
Purchase link: Captain America: TWS Sold out!
Price:
£24.99
Notes: Print run of 6000 for UK

10938635-1397756244-831720.jpg

10938635-1397756244-831892.jpg

10938635-1397756244-831864.jpg 10938635-1397756244-831830.jpg thumb.jpg

Original temp artwork:
10938635-1395773992-652897.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This was so perfect I had to keep it sealed. Plus my Thor 2 Zavvi needed a sealed pal. I really just want to watch the movie again, but Im just gunna wait for the BB steel cause Im really planning on loading up on those
View attachment 97232

What discipline! Sometimes I wonder what fellow ninjas do for a living! @ricster must be the CEO of some large corporation lol- I decided to open my UK copy, to keep my BBY and Taiwan exclusives nice and sealed ;) Sometimes I wake up at night and think: You have spent $$$ on steelbooks! What were you thinking! Then I go look at one of them and everything fades away! Love this hobby, love this community!

CA.jpg

What discipline! Sometimes I wonder what fellow ninjas do for a living! @ricster must be the CEO of some large corporation lol- I decided to open my UK copy, to keep my BBY and Taiwan exclusives nice and sealed ;) Sometimes I wake up at night and think: You have spent $$$ on steelbooks! What were you thinking! Then I go look at one of them and everything fades away! Love this hobby, love this community!

View attachment 97407

You put the sticker on it :eek: :eek: :eek:

@chilean I know! I hella want to watch this movie, but no sense in opening it because the BB TWS steel is right around the corner....Ive been buying tons of blurays lately so I have other films to watch.

I work in Auto Detailing, mostly luxury vehicles. 50+ hours a week.

I buy so many multiples of limited editions, I keep telling myself and my girlfriend that Im gonna make some $ as a seller. I buy like 5 of everything and have never sold a thing! lol hahahahaha I plan to tho!

Just got home after holidays and opened up my mail there it was a lovely copy of captain America 2 looks so nice no spine slash,then removed j card and there are a few pin size dents on nick fury..gutted..could have been worse a big dent.

My response from zavvi about my lost steelbook

Hello

Thank you for getting in touch about order

I'm sorry, this is now sold out so if it is lost in post we will not be able to replace it for you. Please let us know if this does not arrive by 02/09/2014 so that we can investigate this with our courier department.

If there is anything else that we can do, then please do not hesitate to get in touch and a member of our team will be happy to help.

Kind regards,
Ryan

Zavvi.com Customer Service Team

My reply back

Hi

So you are telling me you keep no copies back for damaged returns or lost goods?

Yet you are happy to sell 10+ copies to one person for them to sell on ebay so you can make a quick profit and clear the allocated 6000.

Surely you should limit people to a maximum amount they can buy or keep some back for damaged/lost items.

So its profit over customer satisfaction?

Now if i want this steelbook i have to give in and pay double the amount it is worth on ebay because you have allowed people to buy insane amounts just so you can move them quickly.

I hope you take these concerns on board.

I know it's been done to death, but I just wanted to add a few more pics of this to show what a quality Steelbook it is.
For anyone keeping theirs sealed, the colours on this thing are amazing when in the open. One of the best paint jobs I've seen in a while...

BA0w5GH.jpg
7xBe0sW.jpg
ZZgzbXD.jpg
ZR7s1gr.jpg
Iie0tak.jpg
c1TrX8c.jpg

I know it's been done to death, but I just wanted to add a few more pics of this to show what a quality Steelbook it is.
For anyone keeping theirs sealed, the colours on this thing are amazing when in the open. One of the best paint jobs I've seen in a while...

BA0w5GH.jpg
7xBe0sW.jpg
ZZgzbXD.jpg
ZR7s1gr.jpg
Iie0tak.jpg
c1TrX8c.jpg

Awesome pics mate :)

Reactions: BluSteel2012
When I first pre ordered this I used PayPal to avoid payment problems because my card was due to expire but zavvi went ahead and cancelled the damn Steelbook anyway, with a payment problem issue. I pre ordered again when it went back live with my card and I get the same email as per everyone else with a 10% code :angry:

Thanks zavvi :sleep::box::blackeye::wtf:

This steelbook is just perfect. Couldn't believe the awesome colours when I opened it. I'm obsessed with this movie and couldn't be happier with the steelbook. I know some people don't like the lack of the title on the front but that really doesn't bother me.

Zavvi cancelled my order of WS and sent me this email :( Also, to add insult to injury, I never got a discount code, not that I care...

"Thank you for getting in touch about Captain America: The Winter Soldier.
I'm sorry but your order was cancelled due to oversell, you should have received an email about this containing a discount code as goodwill gesture on our behalf.
Again, we're truly sorry for this.
If a charge was taken for the order, it will be returned to your account within 3 to 5 working days.
If there is anything else that we can do, then please do not hesitate to get in touch and a member of our team will be happy to help.
Kind regards,"

I got mine, but I'm reading that there is a defect in the embossing on the upper right corner of the hanger. I don't see it. Do anyone else heard or seen this issue?
Well, the fact that the embossing edge follows reflected sunlight instead of the loading door frame (as it does on the left side) can definetely be classified as a mistake/error/gaffe.

I wouldn't call it a defect, as I'm sure that the machinery at Scanavo has followed the specifications.

I just find it amazing that this wasn't caught anywhere during the steelbook design process :)

Not bothered by it myself, it's a feature :LOL:

Reactions: SteelMadien