Captain America: The Winter Soldier (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Blufans Exclusive #17) [China]

bluraysteel

Jul 23, 2011
Release date: March, 2015
Print run: TBA
Notes:
Lenti (1300) and 1/4 slip (700)
Matte finish
Embossing will be different to the WWA version
Includes 6 postcards similar to IM finish.

thumb.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The last news from Blufans regarding the lenti was it is still being made. But that was about a week ago.
It's odd that we've been invoiced, and probably a lot of us already paid, for an item that we've yet to see. Even for Blufans. I've always known this was WWA so I'm not overly fussed about the steel, I'm more curious about the lenti slip and art cards at this point.

It's odd that we've been invoiced, and probably a lot of us already paid, for an item that we've yet to see. Even for Blufans. I've always known this was WWA so I'm not overly fussed about the steel, I'm more curious about the lenti slip and art cards at this point.

I'm guessing everyone keeps showing these gifs and the GB hoster is saying "this easy!?"

1.gif

But seriously, I guess its the time it takes to handle a GB and deal with payments (and non-payments).

Reactions: Marina Blue
I'm guessing everyone keeps showing these gifs and the GB hoster is saying "this easy!?"

View attachment 150745

But seriously, I guess its the time it takes to handle a GB and deal with payments (and non-payments).

But it would've still been nice to see the actual product before i pay my invoice - or am i asking too much lol ?!

The matte finish doesnt look great in those pics but I bet my entire collection that once its out of the shrinkwrap it will look 100x better in person. 99% of us dont even these in hand yet so I think the judgement is pretty premature as always with the advanced photos we get. And probably 75% of collectors wont open so I guess its a losing battle for CA2 Blufans. If its the same type of finish as CA1(which they have confirmed I think) it will easily top the North America version. That finish is horrid with a thin layer of dusty paint. This one will have that matte/gloss fusion combo or whatever and it can only truly be appreciated without the shrink hiding it. Wont be streaky matte like some think. If you take a look at this pic you can see it has some sheen to it.
image.jpg

The matte finish doesnt look great in those pics but I bet my entire collection that once its out of the shrinkwrap it will look 100x better in person. 99% of us dont even these in hand yet so I think the judgement is pretty premature as always with the advanced photos we get. And probably 75% of collectors wont open so I guess its a losing battle for CA2 Blufans. If its the same type of finish as CA1(which they have confirmed I think) it will easily top the North America version. That finish is horrid with a thin layer of dusty paint. This one will have that matte/gloss fusion combo or whatever and it can only truly be appreciated without the shrink hiding it. Wont be streaky matte like some think. If you take a look at this pic you can see it has some sheen to it.
image.jpg
Why do you go on about matte/gloss finish. CAP1 Blufans is just plain old matte finish. I have it and I have opened it and it looks even WORSE UNSEALED.

Why do you go on about matte/gloss finish. CAP1 Blufans is just plain old matte finish. I have it and I have opened it and it looks even WORSE UNSEALED.

Im saying unless you are a gloss nazi, these matte finishes will not be as bad as everyone is making them out to be. I don't have mine in hand yet but ive seen enough open pics and video of CA1 to assume its not a cheap streaky matte. Is that a correct assessment? And I go on about the matte/gloss mix because that's what the parties involved in this release stated it was. I would prefer straight gloss but also love a properly done matte and this look is like it. And it always looks better unsealed:thumbs:...unless its a crap powder finish like the NA version lol

And I go on about the matte/gloss mix because that's what the parties involved in this release stated it was.

Actually I think this was only mentioned by Kevin. I don't recall Blufans ever stating it is gloss/matte mix.

Scanavo offer different matte finishes, but like others are saying, matte is matte. Satin matte, streaky matte, zero matte, are all just matte.

Scanavo should be setting gloss as the default finish. Any other finish should be an additional 200% extra cost.

Regardless of how good Blufans Lenticular is for this when it comes to the best Full Slip for this, Novamedia's White Glossy embosssed,quality full slip is still the winner by a long way.....IMO :drool:
Blufans do great Lenticular's but the quality of the slips feel cheap to me next to Nova, Plain, Kimchi....

Glad I cancelled this and will stick with my Nova exclusive....:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Regardless of how good Blufans Lenticular is for this when it comes to the best Full Slip for this, Novamedia's White Glossy embosssed,quality full slip is still the winner by a long way.....IMO :drool:
Blufans do great Lenticular's but the quality of the slips feel cheap to me next to Nova, Plain, Kimchi....

Glad I cancelled this and will stick with my Nova exclusive....:rolleyes:

Agree that BF slipboxes feel super cheap. They are no match to Nova, Kimchi or PA and I brought this up on other forum but no one seemed interested. Kevin did said he will pass along the feedback but I don't think its going to change anytime soon. Another thing that annoys me is opening of BF slip is on the opposite side and creates a problem when arranging on shelf.

@domalorite . Do you think BF will improve the quality of slipboxes anytime soon? Has this issue ever been raised on blufans forum?