Captain America: The Winter Soldier (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Blufans Exclusive #17) [China]

bluraysteel

Jul 23, 2011
Release date: March, 2015
Print run: TBA
Notes:
Lenti (1300) and 1/4 slip (700)
Matte finish
Embossing will be different to the WWA version
Includes 6 postcards similar to IM finish.

thumb.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Agree that BF slipboxes feel super cheap. They are no match to Nova, Kimchi or PA and I brought this up on other forum but no one seemed interested. Kevin did said he will pass along the feedback but I don't think its going to change anytime soon. Another thing that annoys me is opening of BF slip is on the opposite side and creates a problem when arranging on shelf.

@domalorite . Do you think BF will improve the quality of slipboxes anytime soon? Has this issue ever been raised on blufans forum?

The recent slipboxes have been much flimsier than past Blufans releases. Almost paper like. I'm not sure if this has been raised. BF members are not as fussy as HDN members :) BF slips opening from the leftside rather than the right is most likely cultural. Books traditionally have the spine on the right. From a western point of view books are thus read from back to front. I don't think this will change any time soon.

I agree Korean slips are the best. They have raised the bar so far up. No one else can beat them.

The recent slipboxes have been much flimsier than past Blufans releases. Almost paper like. I'm not sure if this has been raised. BF members are not as fussy as HDN members :) BF slips opening from the leftside rather than the right is most likely cultural. Books traditionally have the spine on the right. From a western point of view books are thus read from back to front. I don't think this will change any time soon.

I agree Korean slips are the best. They have raised the bar so far up. No one else can beat them.
Thanks bud. I thought that opening on the other side must be cultural thing since that's how I people are used to in that part of the world.

You are right, HDN members are spoilt :). At least we have slips from Korea to console ourselves.

@domalorite is Blufans on schedule to shipping the Lenticulars as well for CA2 ? it seems that only the 1/4 slip was announced which is strange...

will that have an impact on the April release date for Thor and Thor 2 initially updated or this release will be pushed until May ?

Beauty lies in the eye of the beholder. The inconvenient truth is matte finish is not going to project the details and colours better.

I have some Matte Finish steelbooks that I find was a wise choice to have selected this finish and making the release different and very nice. Not everybody hates Matte Finishs. FS has a great track record in beautiful Matt Finish Steelbooks...if everything would always be Gloss it would be boring. But if Thor and Thor 2 ''Matte Finish with Spot Gloss'' is anything like the KFP 1 and 2 steels, they will be insanely stunning. KFP 1 and 2 Matte Finish with Spot Gloss I believe are ones of the most beautiful Perfect steelbooks to the Blufans catalogue.

I thought I had mentioned b4 that Blufans was gonna make a better slip cover for CA2. Easily the #1 CA2 out there based on overall package. BLUFANS is truly the steelbook boss. Hope you people got your copies, else pay double.:naughty:

Reactions: Dragonine
The Nova lenti is ok. IMO I have seen better and those of us that have seen better lentis know this. It was a done deal that Blufans was gonna put out a better lenti. I mean look at their track record with Transformers 4, CA1, Frozen, and the awesome MU.

I know there are better lentis out there buddy, i own a few of them. :naughty:
I was talking about a direct comparison to the only Cap2 lenti full-slip out there atm. ;)

Reactions: digitalbabe
Yep. Only 500 of the Novas though.
I look forward to sitting this and the Nova side by side. [emoji2][emoji106]

Guys, please explain to me because I'm new to the forums. How on Earth do you buy from blufans? I don't get it. I can't understand the website. There is no link in the main post for the winter soldier (and the steelbook is already released). I even checked google "How do you buy from blufans". Nothing. What am I missing? Novamedia was so easy. How do you buy or preorder from this place?

@Atanas welcome to our community. You can join a 'Group Buy' at our site after you have 20 non-spammy posts. Generally for retailers that do not ship to a member's country, or where a member prefers not to order direct (damages, customer service, etc), members lead these buys to help our members obtain exclusives. There are currently dozens of Group Buys for various retailers active in our Steelbook Trading forum. Member wreck is leading a buy for this title but I am not sure if any other qty remains at this time. Try sending him a pm. Enjoy the site!