Captain America: The Winter Soldier (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Blufans Exclusive #17) [China]

bluraysteel

Jul 23, 2011
Release date: March, 2015
Print run: TBA
Notes:
Lenti (1300) and 1/4 slip (700)
Matte finish
Embossing will be different to the WWA version
Includes 6 postcards similar to IM finish.

thumb.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Just received today this morning, it actually arrived on Thursday, but since there's long national holiday, I've to wait a little bit longer. Totally worth, I managed to get the coolest number (in my collection - so far), 0009 / 1300 :thumbs:

Reactions: number33 and harry
Received it today, not ecstatic about this but I wasn't 100% impressed with Thor yesterday but that opinion has changed already. Like CA I think the spine title is too small much better than no title mind you ;)

One thing that pissed me off though was the j-card has damaged the box, looks like it was put on while the print on the box was still fresh as the gloss has caused a bubble around the glue on one end and peeled off at the other & this before I tried removing it. A shame as Thor's j-card wasn't even glued on :(

Data Sheet with Custom rear art. I specifically chose particular art as it compliments the back of the slipcase perfectly.
image.jpg14_zpsl2mpl0ms.jpg

image.jpg1_zpsnfwu9sdq.jpg
I'm confused... That shot of Captain America with the shield on his back, where is it? I know there's one on the back of the steelbook, but that looks different... It has a black border?

Woooooop, mine has arrived! Worryingly in a Royal Mail "Sorry this has reached you in this condition" plastic bag. I think someone dropped the box in a puddle. No matter, so much bubble wrap inside that the lenti itself wasn't even touched!

Oh, but we appear to be back to glue dots for the info sheet :( The only thing I'm not 100% about with this release is the inside art. Winter Soldier should've been flipped so we could see him. As it stands he's hiding under the discs...

I was gonna hold out until Thor 2 for group shots but I couldn't wait :D

22Nc0bY.jpg

5jKSvEC.jpg

uemJkMh.jpg

Just got this in hand and the finish on this is amazing. Pretty much the highest quality matte you can get and the next best thing or equal to a quality gloss finish. It actually attracts fingerprints. Unfortunately the print quality of the image is really dark and dull/muted, so even if it were gloss, it would not have been any better imo. Its a good steelbook overall but the darkness of the image really sets it back. Far superior than the NA steelbook but doesnt quite reach the WWA steelbook (even with its botched embossing and title-less-ness) due to its brighter colors.
WWA > BF > BB/FS

PS: Should I convert the fullslip lenti into a magnet to fit the border like the German steels? Hmmm:whistle: