Captain America: The Winter Soldier (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Blufans Exclusive #17) [China]

bluraysteel

Jul 23, 2011
Release date: March, 2015
Print run: TBA
Notes:
Lenti (1300) and 1/4 slip (700)
Matte finish
Embossing will be different to the WWA version
Includes 6 postcards similar to IM finish.

thumb.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Well looking at the GB thread, the FS version will cost ~$60 to the UK; $29.99 + sales tax (~$5) + HDN donation ($1) + packaging ($3) + shipping ($19) + 4% PayPal ($2). Kimchi Rush Lenticular cost me ~$48 delivered, and Olaf Blufans ~$58 delivered...

So vs this superior Blufans version, you'll be paying very close to (if not the same/more) for your FS version. The only reason I picked up on your comment is because you alluded that the NA versions are somewhat cheaper than China/Korea releases (to UK/EU customers). They're not.

You're sliding the US version in there with the CA as if they have same pricing and that is almost always far from the case.

US sales tax differs by State and some can be extremely low, but at the highest its still around $3.25 on a $30 release.

Also the trend as of late has been the steelbook priced equally to the amaray (surprisingly) so potentially $20 or $30 in store.

One steel shipped to UK - $14-16
two steel $23.95 (can technically fit 3 in there)

So with the USA version it could potentially be from $7-10 cheaper than the CA price delivered with an exact same steel cost. Or could even be $17-$20 cheaper. And then if getting more than 1x qty of any steels in the package brings the total cost down.

But at just your above #s corrected if ordering 3 copies the USA version could be had for about $43 delivered each. And that was with the $30 steel price tag.

Just saying. :D

Last edited:
Blufans Marvel Series Update

Captain America 1
3D/2D region free discs.
WEA embossed front steelbook with full height lenticular slip cover.
Preparing to include a gift but is subject to approval from Marvel.
Artwork design finalised. Preparing for proofs.

Captain America 2
3D/2D region free discs.
Embossed title front steelbook with WEA back and inside. Full height lenticular slip cover.
Embossing will be different to WWA edition.
Preparing to include a gift but is subject to approval from Marvel.
Artwork design finalised. Preparing for proofs.

Captain America 1+2 Boxset
A Single large lenticular slip cover fits both steelbooks. Steelbooks are not put into their own respective slip covers.
To include a gift, which is different to the gift for each separate release. But is subject to approval from Marvel.

Thor 1
3D/2D region free discs. 3D disc is worldwide edition.
WEA embossed front steelbook with full height lenticular slip cover.
To include a gift but is subject to approval from Marvel.
In production.

Thor 2
3D/2D region free discs.
Embossed title front steelbook with WEA back and inside. Full height lenticular slip cover.
To include a gift but is subject to approval from Marvel.
In production.

Thor 1+2 Boxset
A Single large lenticular slip cover fits both steelbooks. Steelbooks are not put into their own respective slip covers.
To include a gift, which is different to the gift for each separate release. But is subject to approval from Marvel.

Blufans Official Taobao Online Shop will be opened on Monday August 11th to start preordering these 6 items.

Last edited:
My wallet is crying so much.

What does every one reckon the costs will be, needing to budget and get the money in the bank.

What to get all the singles, and if funds allow the boxsets.

My wallet is crying so much.

What does every one reckon the costs will be, needing to budget and get the money in the bank.

What to get all the singles, and if funds allow the boxsets.

I'm guessing the price for the singles might be around $65 level, delivered...I'll be going for the singles but come in for the doubles if the run is small.

I'm guessing the price for the singles might be around $65 level, delivered...I'll be going for the singles but come in for the doubles if the run is small.

Yeh so roughly £160 for the lot in singles.

The doubles are 500 print run (I think) but aren't a priority for me.

With the Iron Man news I suspect the whole avengers series will get the BF treatment, so hopefully a IM 2, IM 3 (+ maybe news of a Iron Man tri-pack) and Avengers.

Hopefully there store will not charge until dispatched date like most others.

Reactions: rj531
The only way forward for me is to get the lot or not, I'm a huge BF fan and Marvel so this news is a great welcome and I'm so excited to see the slips and final package, bring it on BF!

They will charge up front as its "Pre-order". Thats my high guess considering it allows them to use such funds to fund such project. So be prepared to pay Monday. And since they are going to use a site like ebay as opposed to their own that will mean they will recoup the fees that it charges them. So will be extra cost in there as well.

I'll go for singles, as im not too keen on 2 in one slip. But for some reason i keep visualizing 2 in one vertical slip which makes me cringe but I guess if it was a horizontal slip ie. slipbox it wouldnt be so bad. And thats likely what it will be? given their past releases like that? GI joe, wwz, JR

Slightly different now. With their new Taobao store (although that's how they did preorders when they first started) you can put forward a CN50 deposit. Remaining amount can be paid a week before shipping.

No idea how that would work. Does Taobao have such feature? Or will be Alipay funds transfer, which is a whole new ball game completely.

Either way this is mainly for Chinese citizens, and those that know and can buy direct from Taobao.

Last edited:
Reactions: mlmaier84
Any news on this, I'd like to order this if the group buy still has any copies, and if we get to see some art like Iron Man. Maybe I'm too late, and I'm having trouble deciding whether to go for this or buy a nova full slip. :p

Any news on this, I'd like to order this if the group buy still has any copies, and if we get to see some art like Iron Man. Maybe I'm too late, and I'm having trouble deciding whether to go for this or buy a nova full slip. :p

I don't know about the Gb as I believe it is not on this forum(someone correct me if I am wrong) but unfortunately the pre orders are long sold out.

Reactions: EyeSeeDarkness
Thanks for the info, hoping they announce something along the lines of finish, inside artwork, embossing etc. seeing they did that for Iron Man.

Last edited: