Captain America: The Winter Soldier (KimchiDVD Exclusive #40) (Blu-ray SteelBook) [Korea]

luke98

Premium Supporter
Jun 30, 2014
Alexandria Safe-Zone
Release date: August 23, 2016
Purchase links: Full Slip Type A1 - Full Slip Type A2- Lenticular Slip Box - One Click. Pre-order August 4 at 2 PM (Korea Time)
Price: $45.99 - One Click $137.00
Note: 4000 copies
HDN Group Buys: Hosted by Cooey - Hosted by Kaka1888

Full Slip (Type A1) | Full Slip (Type A2) | Lenticular Slip Box | One Click

13770427_1913300178897190_7334276636342471704_n.jpg 13627013_1913300205563854_8325318166331442191_n.jpg 13775354_1913300228897185_1702612431833981606_n.jpg
13626577_1913300152230526_3899582766517790371_n.jpg
00.jpg
capwin.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think that is the case anymore. Zavvi has released dozens of titles with smaller prints that haven't surfaced in other countries.

I have only noticed Zavvi being able to do this with WEA Releases. I think since they are very big is selling so many steelbooks that they must have a deal that they can on some releases do a 2000 print run as we sometimes see. I have only seen 2000 as a lower print run.

I want a print run of 500 or less, that would be ideal.But you are forgetting that this is a WEA release which requires a minimum of 4000.

500 is too low and does not support the demand from the steelbook community. usually causes too much frustration to too many people. 1K would be better but maybe even 2K for CA2 since it was well received and a Marvel Blockbuster. 4K is overkill imo.

oh and haven't we already seen many 2K WEA releases from the Asian companies? Blufans does 2K WEA releases all the time. (CA1 for example)

Last edited:
I want a print run of 500 or less, that would be ideal.But you are forgetting that this is a WEA release which requires a minimum of 4000.
Marvel High Demand Title print of 500 :LOL: re sellers would be the only ones happy with that :rofl:
4,000 is right amount it's split 50/50 between Korea Website and International Website
So the print run for international customers is 2,000
All 4,000 will sell out fast anyway it's split between 3 versions Full Slip A Full Slip B and Lenticular

A release does not have to sell out in 1-2 min if it takes 1-3 hours or even a few days weeks it's still a release that is sold out and easier on the website for customers to get a order in

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: milky and rj531
a lot you guys are missing the big picture.

if you truly want the steelbook market to remain up and running and have these niche retailers continue to give us what we want then you definitely don't want 20K print run for every release. the market would collapse in on itself. I want the value of steelbooks to remain strong, which creates demand and desire to have them (revenue) which creates the supply.

like it or not folks, limited/numbered steelbooks are absolutely seen as collectibles. and in the world of collectibles, rarity and perceived value is the backbone of the entire operation.

Now, for my own personal shelf, I'm actually very interested in seeing what Kimchi does with this. If they do it up all nice, I'll probably bite because I too appreciate the content, even if it's over printed.

20k print run!?!? wow don't think that will ever happen and if it does then your damn right the market will implode!! 4k print run for a Marvel title, although quite old now, with Blufans and Nova premiums already......may be a bit of saturation there, however those were WWAs....now if Nova did another WEA then we are done for! This will still sell out simply due to the fact it is marvel and WEA. Bear in mind probably at least half will go to GBs on various forums around the world, leaving 2k for the site which will still probably be on there for a couple of days before selling out. I still think Kimchi has made the right choice to do 4k and I for one will be more than happy to get one! :thumbs:

Now they should have done 4k for Deadpool!!

This being a 4K print run only really effects the resellers which the company dosnt care about. The secondary market dosnt drive the first market really so if steels only retained there face value they wouldn't care less. The only companies who would be ones that are reselling on a secondary market themselves. The company only cares weather they sell them all or not. So I do think 4K is prob a perfect number for releases myself as I don't buy to try and resell or trade. Now like someone said 4K of a non well known film would be overkill. Like deadpool being very limited the retailer made what they wanted from all the sales. However it's not like the resellers are sending in checks to the retailer of a percent of what they resold it for. So why would the retailer care what the value of there item is if thy sold them all to start they don't

Reactions: yeslek
500 is too low and does not support the demand from the steelbook community. usually causes too much frustration to too many people. 1K would be better but maybe even 2K for CA2 since it was well received and a Marvel Blockbuster. 4K is overkill imo.

oh and haven't we already seen many 2K WEA releases from the Asian companies? Blufans does 2K WEA releases all the time. (CA1 for example)
Disagree
4k worldwide is a perfect number. Enough for hold value but also so all, us collectors can score the copies of titles we'd like :)

• Thanks
Reactions: Jhadur
4k print run is overkill, there are a couple of premium versions out amongst a bunch of worldwide WWA versions released. This is now a catalog title and demand isn't that much. It'll be nice for people interested though.

Assuming nothing ends up being wrong with it, this will assume the throne as best CA:WS steel, hands down.

The ho-hum matte Blufans release currently holds the spot by default IMO; the WWA embossing error was ridiculous and the NA release surely had the cheapest finish option available.

To get a nice, premium, glossy steel for CA:WS without errors/defects/skimping? Easy win for Kimchi.

Technically a quadruple-dip for me, but oh well, love the movie.

Assuming nothing ends up being wrong with it, this will assume the throne as best CA:WS steel, hands down.

The ho-hum matte Blufans release currently holds the spot by default IMO; the WWA embossing error was ridiculous and the NA release surely had the cheapest finish option available.

To get a nice, premium, glossy steel for CA:WS without errors/defects/skimping? Easy win for Kimchi.

Technically a quadruple-dip for me, but oh well, love the movie.

What was the WWA embossing error?

I am the exact same. I'd love an MCU collection comprised entirely of kimchidvd and novamedia. I'd much prefer if there were only one option of each though. Kimchi, make an iron man 3 and a thor before you re-do something nova has already done please
purely on customer service level, I prefer Nova, but like the steelbook sets either produce so I'd be happy so long as at least one of them cover each MCU movie, which seems to be a bit of a trend, albeit Nova releasing the majority :)

• Thanks
Reactions: matthewtheunicorn
There are diverse opinions on most releases anyway. Each will pro's and con's. Just because a majority will share a positive remark doesn't mean there isn't a dissenting opinion. I own both BF and Nova Lenti editions and imo the BF edition isn't as great. Nova did exceptionally well with the lenticular O ring that it elevated an ok steelbook.

There have been numerous successful editions that took time to sell. Tangled Kimchi took a while to sell out. There is an increasing amount of collectors. Why not have print runs that will cover demand to an extent. It's not like there is another country releasing this. 4000 copies is perfect for a blockbuster and obviously the many marvel fanatics like I
Tangled still fetches around 3 times the cost price too....(though the lenti is STUNNING!! I have to admit)

The quality of all the recent Kimchi slips have been spectacular and combined with this steel, (best artwork for CA / TWS by far)... This will be the best version....IMO :p And a must have for me.

Nova's slip is amazing (Got it) but the WWA Steel inside is not so this is a welcome exclusive for me and also tops the Blufans version..:whistle: :drool::notworthy:

The quality of all the recent Kimchi slips have been spectacular and combined with this steel, (best artwork for CA / TWS by far)... This will be the best version....IMO :p And a must have for me.

Nova's slip is amazing (Got it) but the WWA Steel inside is not so this is a welcome exclusive for me and also tops the Blufans version..:whistle: :drool::notworthy:

THIS

tumblr_me0op9BDXU1qaqpswo1_400.gif