wouter

Premium Supporter
Jul 15, 2016
Herent, Belgium
Release date: July 17, 2018
Purchase link: www.fye.com
Price: $14.99 (in store)
Group Buy:

https://www.hidefninja.com/community/resources/carlitos-way-blu-ray-steelbook-usa-fye-exclusive.526/

fye.000000191329063323_2.jpg

565C87F6-BA0D-4A19-A164-EA4895E215B9.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know :-/ The Artwork looks more like a modern Miami Vice to me. On the other hand I am very desperate for a Blu-ray release for this, that I'm actually tempted.

Yes, seems like a "thing" - incorporating guns in the steelbook or slipcase artwork not present in the film … CARLITO'S WAY being the most recent along with the other mentioned above on the HOT FUZZ slipbox.
Considering this particular model wasn't launched until the year 2000 it wouldn't even have been around in the 1975 setting of CARLITO'S WAY although it was obviously around for the 2007 setting of HOT FUZZ.

Of course the worst offender - or maybe just homage - is the recent SCARFACE (1983) steelbook w/ drum magazine Tommy gun … a gun actually seen in the 1932 original Paul Muni version and not in Al Pacino's remake:-
1530581291892.png
1530581503623.png

Apart from the phallic stand up gun on the front (made famous on DIRTY HARRY posters and seen on posters, steelbooks etc. for other flics including HOT FUZZ. BABY DRIVER etc.) and a plethora of same on the back I'd say this is a pretty unappealing and unattractive steelbook.

Last edited:
fyi folks in the UK

https://www.hidefninja.com/community/resources/carlitos-way-blu-ray-steelbook-usa-fye-exclusive.526/

I know you are used to paying like $24 for usa > uk shipping.

there is a chance i can get this shipped to you for only $15 .... still kinda up in the air. mock shot shows dvd logo on spine, but Jane lmk that the actual steel didnt have dvd logo on spine. So if there is no dvd disc inside both this and even hulk for that matter then that weight can help me get it shipped for that price. Of course anyone ordering both, then both can be shipped for $24