Zavvi
Amazon

10972064-1403179277-194899.jpg

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 230
Last edited by a moderator:
I send mine back to Amazon for a refund simply because it was advertised as a steelbook and both my order and notification of sending stipulated it was a steelbook so I was not a happy champer. They also changed the information on amazon this week after all the initial orders were send. Child's Play is the same. It's not a steelbook either. Shame as I'm not a futurepak fan and would not have ordered either If I'd known.

I send mine back to Amazon for a refund simply because it was advertised as a steelbook and both my order and notification of sending stipulated it was a steelbook so I was not a happy champer. They also changed the information on amazon this week after all the initial orders were send. Child's Play is the same. It's not a steelbook either. Shame as I'm not a futurepak fan and would not have ordered either If I'd known.
I think Amazon listed it as a "Steel Pack".

Reactions: Maccadinho25
They do now but not last week and both my confirmation order and sending order confirmation say "steelbook". So they have no legal comeback if they try to fob me off.

Amazon changed weeks ago the description to steel pack but should be using description as FuturePak

It was removed from Steelbooks page also same time

They did this after I highlighted they were not Steelbooks and did tell them they were FuturePak

They are still good
Quality is good and embossing is good
I like them
They are not like metal packs from a few years ago
They are as good as Steelbooks and if they start using a gloss finish be even better

We all known since June these were futurePak it was highlighted enough with all the multiple threads that kept been created members thinking they were steelbooks

Last edited:
I bought this in-store at HMV yesterday. It's my favourite film and as there's no steelbook, I went for this. I was really hesitant about futurepak's initially because I was worried about the spine on the shelf etc. but I'm glad I changed my mind! These seem really strong and sturdy and the embossing is deeper than a steelbook. The quality actually seems overall better than a steelbook. Plus, it doesn't stick out like a saw thumb, which is what I initially thought. Definitely buy more in the future!

No sign of these UK Fox futurepaks dropping in price :(

I was hoping there would be a huge price drop at this stage due to lack of interest in them. I'm patiently waiting for a deal so I can grab 6 of the titles. Currently they're just far too pricey to upgrade from my already owned amarays. Fingers crossed for something like a buy one get one half price or similar offer soon.

No sign of these UK Fox futurepaks dropping in price :(

I was hoping there would be a huge price drop at this stage due to lack of interest in them. I'm patiently waiting for a deal so I can grab 6 of the titles. Currently they're just far too pricey to upgrade from my already owned amarays. Fingers crossed for something like a buy one get one half price or similar offer soon.

most of them came out 2 and a half months ago... i'm waiting too, but i recommend just staying patient on these, it's just a matter of time until they will drop. ;)

most of them came out 2 and a half months ago... i'm waiting too, but i recommend just staying patient on these, it's just a matter of time until they will drop. ;)

I hear ya @severo it's tough to do sometimes with this hobby but I'm trying hard to resist. Hopefully not much longer now. Even though they're limited, it's not as if they'll sell out any time soon. I'll even bite at around €12-14 but I can see these potentially dropping to €8 or €10 like the recent war themed Fox steels (Tora, Battle of Britain, etc)

I hear ya @severo it's tough to do sometimes with this hobby but I'm trying hard to resist. Hopefully not much longer now. Even though they're limited, it's not as if they'll sell out any time soon. I'll even bite at around €12-14 but I can see these potentially dropping to €8 or €10 like the recent war themed Fox steels (Tora, Battle of Britain, etc)

as you said, at the current price tag it's VERY unlikely that they will sell out. i'll probably bite on "carrie" when it's 9.99GBP (aka. 13€).

finally i decided to get it, for that price it was not brainier, still i would this to get a proper steelbook release someday....i got it today, i really love the art but not so much the embossing on Carrie, but in the end a nice update to my regular edition...........

Last edited:
finally i decided to get it, for that price it was not brainier, still i would this to get its prefer steelbook release someday....i got it today, i really love the art but not so much the embossing on Carrie, but in the end a nice update to my regular edition...........
There is a better new recent release from scream factory in USA
Remastered video and lot of new extras
It's region A locked

It's not a steelbook but is better Blu-ray version

Reactions: tono06