paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: December 11, 2017
Purchase Links: Arrow Films (Sold Out) - Zavvi - Amazon - HMV
Price: £24.99 (Arrow-Zavvi-Hmv) - £22.99 (Amazon)
Notes: Limited to 5,000 copies

CARRIE_EXPLODED_PACK copy_small-500x500.jpg

Last edited:
It's worth getting this just for the 4K transfer remaster and the brilliant extras on the Blu-ray

I have the futurepak release myself and yes it's decent looking but it has the older UK MGM Blu-ray Disc
UK MGM Blu-ray yes is better for extras compared to the USA MGM Blu-ray as that has no extras

If you are a fan of the film
Scream Factory or the Arrow Video release is the release to have if picture quality or extras are important to you
I'm honestly not too fussed about 4k mate... yes it's better than blu-ray, but only slightly IMO, so for me it's not really worth the upgrade, especially as it's not a film I'd watch on a regular basis -- I haven't even watched my Futurepak blu-ray since buying it lol.

I'm honestly not too fussed about 4k mate... yes it's better than blu-ray, but only slightly IMO, so for me it's not really worth the upgrade, especially as it's not a film I'd watch on a regular basis -- I haven't even watched my Futurepak blu-ray since buying it lol.
In that case you won't notice the difference :LOL:
Is the futurepak still sealed as well :giggle:

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
Yeah, i think you're right about the upgrade from standard blu to 4k pq, in my expeience, too, it's hardly noticeable.........unless of course the previous release is diabolical. Still, Carrie is a favourite of mine so i'll dip again for it.

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
looks like this is now sold out on Amazon? Zavvi still have some, i think (£29.99) and HMV.
It's still available to pre order with Amazon £22.99

It is though a limited edition release that will be sold out with all retailers once they have sold out their allocation Arrow Films gave them
It's sold out with Arrow Films as in no more stock available beside the already allocated stock given to retailers.
Once the retailers sell out that stock it will be gone

A standard edition though without the Slipbox and Poster and Booklet will be available sometime next year

Yeah, i think you're right about the upgrade from standard blu to 4k pq, in my expeience, too, it's hardly noticeable.........unless of course the previous release is diabolical. Still, Carrie is a favourite of mine so i'll dip again for it.
The MGM Blu-ray release picture quality is not that great and did need a decent remaster

The Scream Factory and Arrow Video release it's a big difference in picture quality
I have both the MGM and Scream Factory release the difference is huge improvement

Arrow Video release is the same 4K remastered Scan as Scream Factory release with a new encode done by Arrow

The extras are also lot better on both Scream Factory and Arrow Films release

• Thanks
Reactions: Vegano
In that case you won't notice the difference :LOL:
Is the futurepak still sealed as well :giggle:
Especially not on my sad excuse of a TV lol. Haha nah, I opened it as soon as it arrived. ;)

Exactly, it's nothing like the DVD to Blu-ray upgrade... the difference there is massive! Apparently you also need a big-ish TV to really notice the difference with 4K... my current TV isn't even 30" lol. :bag:

Especially not on my sad excuse of a TV lol. Haha nah, I opened it as soon as it arrived. ;)

Exactly, it's nothing like the DVD to Blu-ray upgrade... the difference there is massive! Apparently you also need a big-ish TV to really notice the difference with 4K... my current TV isn't even 30" lol. :bag:
4K Scan remastering is not the same thing as 4K UHD or 4K Video you don't need a 4K TV or big TV to notice the difference

It's a huge improvement over the MGM Blu-ray you would notice the difference even on a 14" TV

Amazon UK is Sold Out for now
It looks like it's going in and out of stock at various stages likely due to order cancellations been made available

If you not got this I expect this will also go sold out with Zavvi and HMV soon

Amazon UK is Sold Out for now
It looks like it's going in and out of stock at various stages likely due to order cancellations been made available

If you not got this I expect this will also go sold out with Zavvi and HMV soon

i recommend setting a "back-in-stock" alert in amazon.co.uk as its coming back quite often

at least thats how i got my copy yesterday

i recommend setting a "back-in-stock" alert in amazon.co.uk as its coming back quite often

at least thats how i got my copy yesterday
I already have this on pre order since it was first live to order in September I expect my order will be dispatched in next few days
Most of my amazon orders where I pick free shipping have been dispatched after release date recently it don't affect delivery date as it's delivered in 1-2 days after dispatch

4k is worth it if it's a film done totally on film but modern "films" are a let down because most are 2k or 3k so they are just upscales to 4k So you have a weird situation in which the 1950's Ben Hur will look amazing in 4k but a modern blockbuster like The Avengers Civil War will not benefit one jot. So in theory the likes of Carrie should look amazing in 4k.

The MGM Blu-ray release picture quality is not that great and did need a decent remaster

The Scream Factory and Arrow Video release it's a big difference in picture quality
I have both the MGM and Scream Factory release the difference is huge improvement

Arrow Video release is the same 4K remastered Scan as Scream Factory release with a new encode done by Arrow

The extras are also lot better on both Scream Factory and Arrow Films release
Oh right, nice one!

Got mine from HMV this morning, preeeeeeeeeeeetty damn happy with it.

Also I think it's time to stop pre-ordering from Amazon, because HMV have been much more reliable every single time.

Got mine today too (from amazon)
The slipbox feels nice and sturdy & the poster is a nice addition. I've not checked out the picture quality of the disc yet though.

Got mine today too (from amazon)
The slipbox feels nice and sturdy & the poster is a nice addition. I've not checked out the picture quality of the disc yet though.
Picture Quality is better than Scream Factory release
Arrow Video did a new encode of the same remaster