Jun 30, 2014
Alexandria Safe-Zone
Release date: October 30, 2017
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £17.99

11542298-2084513819454868.jpg

11542298-6094513819678260.jpg 11542298-5974513819858659.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow. This just arrived, and I am amazed. It's instantly one of my favorite steelbooks in my collection. Bright, vivid colors; glossy; metallic sheen on the front image. And embossing: I haven't seen a steelbook that has an embossing border around only half the cover, and then the non-bordered side uses debossing. If this is possible...my oh my, the possibilities just grew.

I'm just really surprised at how wonderful this steelbook is. After the recent so-so Disney rereleases from Zavvi, this one blew me away.

ZavCar5.jpg ZavCar4.jpg ZavCar3.jpg ZavCar2.jpg

Also--this one shipped in a new style of white cardboard mailer. It's a foldover design that seems to be just as good as the usual, but a little easier to get into.

ZavCar1.jpg

Last edited:
This is what I like about UK Steels and shows that it is still possible to do a WEA / Embossed / Full gloss Steelbook at a reasonable price and more importantly at less than half the price of these so-called Premium releases.

Remember off late, most of these Premium Steels are getting just embossing or debossing on the titles. For this, you get more than what you ask for.

This is what I like about UK Steels and shows that it is still possible to do a WEA / Embossed / Full gloss Steelbook at a reasonable price and more importantly at less than half the price of these so-called Premium releases.

Remember off late, most of these Premium Steels are getting just embossing or debossing on the titles. For this, you get more than what you ask for.

If only zavvi could knock up a posh slip cover, they could double their money :rofl::rofl:

Wow. This just arrived, and I am amazed. It's instantly one of my favorite steelbooks in my collection. Bright, vivid colors; glossy; metallic sheen on the front image. And embossing: I haven't seen a steelbook that has an embossing border around only half the cover, and then the non-bordered side uses debossing. If this is possible...my oh my, the possibilities just grew.

I'm just really surprised at how wonderful this steelbook is. After the recent so-so Disney rereleases from Zavvi, this one blew me away.

View attachment 342578 View attachment 342579 View attachment 342580 View attachment 342581

Also--this one shipped in a new style of white cardboard mailer. It's a foldover design that seems to be just as good as the usual, but a little easier to get into.

View attachment 342582

That looks absolutely gorgeous. In the same league as Aladdin and Finding Nemo right there.

. . . and the two together . . . w/ a good look at the 'bossing situation on both (grateful thanks to KswHiro)

Couple of the best and cutest UK steelbooks ever . . . got the art . . . got the finish . . . got the 'bossing . . . got the price :thumbs:
Only thing missing is staring me in the face when open.
DN1xEywUEAILdwb.jpg:large

DN1v_87VAAAUp0Z.jpg:large

upload_2017-11-5_20-51-56.png

DN1wg2cU8AExSVK.jpg:large

upload_2017-11-5_21-0-57.png

Last edited:
I wasn't sure about picking this one up from the recent sale since I already own the previous release... but after receiving it earlier today I'm glad I did, because it's a bloody stunner! Seriously, it's pretty much the same quality as Blufans and even has embossing on the back. Why can't Disney put the same amount of effort into all their steelbooks?!

• Thanks
Reactions: milky and ethnosax
I wasn't sure about picking this one up from the recent sale since I already own the previous release... but after receiving it earlier today I'm glad I did, because it's a bloody stunner! Seriously, it's pretty much the same quality as Blufans and even has embossing on the back. Why can't Disney put the same amount of effort into all their steelbooks?!
Even at full price, this one was worth it. By far one of the best steels in my collection, right up there with Forbidden Planet and any premium WEA.

Even at full price, this one was worth it. By far one of the best steels in my collection, right up there with Forbidden Planet and any premium WEA.
Definitely! You're clearly a man of good taste... Forbidden Planet is also one of my favourites. ;)