CEX - Retailer Thread [UK, Spain, USA, Ireland, India and Australia]

HUBMUSWELL

#Metal Hunter
Premium Supporter
Apr 22, 2011
London, UK
What is CeX?

CeX was founded in London in 1992. We have stores in the UK, Spain, USA, Ireland, India and Australia.

We buy, sell and exchange a range of technology and entertainment products including mobile phones, video games, DVDs and Blu-ray movies, computers, digital electronics, TVs and monitors, and music CDs.

UK Webpage https://uk.webuy.com/

Great place to find older rare steels but it's a question of being in the right place at the right time :movie:

IMG_00000042.jpg

IMG_00000044.jpg

IMG_00000043.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The only steels I ever see in Plymouth CEX are usually a bit battered & still available for a few quid more at HMV up the road :(

In the Manchester Arndale store this morning , I saw Demons 1 and 2 for £10. Not bad condition and Hangover Trilogy £12. Again not bad condition.
Didnt buy. Not keen on the movies!
Both these were steelbooks.

So recently, like in the last month or so, the CEXs in Liverpool have started storing their all their blu ray steelbooks behind the tills. Very annoying as you can get a good look at them without having to queue up, also sometimes it is hard to see what they have when its busy.

Not sure if other CEXs have done this yet.

So recently, like in the last month or so, the CEXs in Liverpool have started storing their all their blu ray steelbooks behind the tills. Very annoying as you can get a good look at them without having to queue up, also sometimes it is hard to see what they have when its busy.

Not sure if other CEXs have done this yet.
Not too long ago I saw a convo between a few people I follow on Twitter saying the same thing... not sure what store they were referring to though. I guess CeX have finally clocked on as to how popular steelbooks actually are, so want to give them a proper (and safer) display behind the counter.

In the Manchester Arndale store, all the steelbooks are behind the counter. On the racks, they have empty boxes saying which steels are available. No info on condition though!

In the Manchester Arndale store, all the steelbooks are behind the counter. On the racks, they have empty boxes saying which steels are available. No info on condition though!

This I don't mind too much as at least ya can get a quick idea of whats behind the counter. I just cant be bothered queuing or struggling past the crowd around the till just to see what they actually have in and then be like "Nope, don't want any of them"

Reactions: bigwednesday0
This I don't mind too much as at least ya can get a quick idea of whats behind the counter. I just cant be bothered queuing or struggling past the crowd around the till just to see what they actually have in and then be like "Nope, don't want any of them"
I totally agree. A quick scan at the racks can save a lot of time queuing for nothing! ;)