New house = new setup :)

Here's an overall shot:

LR.jpg

And now the individual sides..

My Side:

MS.jpg

The Gfs Side:

KS.jpg

The reason for 2 sides is so I can game or watch stuff while she can game or watch what she wants too.

I'm happy with the way it is right now.. was gonna invest in 5.1 but my gf doesn't like noise much and I have a pair of Astro A40's so there isn't really a need :)

Gear:

2x Samsung 46D800's
2x Peerless Manhattan 1200 Stands
2x Xbox 360's
1x Kinect
1x Sky+ HD
4x Samsung SSG-3100GB Glasses
1x Astro A40 Mixamp.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow I've been away for a bit due to personal stuff and I forgot this was here!
Thanks for all the nice comments on the system.. its pretty much in the same state atm but I'm about to make a few changes.

I have bought a Sony BDV-N790W 5.1 Home Theater system for the right hand TV, this will connect to the Sky and Xbox.. can't wait to hear F1 in 5.1!

I am also buying a 2011 Mac Mini to be used with the left TV, I am hopefully upgrading this to a 256GB Samsung 830 SSD and 8 or 16GB of RAM.

Now to answer the questions above...

The sound was a bit of an issue, the Astro A40 wireless headphones solved it though as I can game away whilst the misses watches TV :)

The TVs are Samsung UE46D800's, the bezel is about 3mm deep and makes the set look edge to edge.. they are gorgeous!

Not sure what to do next.. I do need to integrate my mixer setup in with the Mac Mini.. this may necessitate the purchase of a side board and i already have a 24" LCD Dell monitor that could act as the VDU for Traktor.. :)

I'll try and get some new pics up if I can.. not that much will have changed :)

It's become evident that I need a new BluRay storage rack:

hyqasete.jpg

Does anyone have any recommendations?

I prefer it to be made from wood if possible..

Already been to ikea.. Didn't see anything I liked :(

Awesome set up. I have no clue about shelving. But I'm sure you'll figure it out. I was about to ask where all your steels were. How does she feel about your addiction?

Reactions: Chandler_90
I was getting desperate tbh.. Really ran out of space!!

Here's what I've bought:

zuhysypu.jpg

ne2ypeza.jpg

8eze9yha.jpg

zama8y9u.jpg

It's from ikea.. Cost about £60.. Was a bit too deep so I cut some rubber to fit behind the steels to push them forward more prominently.

Thinking about some strip lighting shining down on the standing steels.. I've found some low profile stuff but I'm not sure if it would actually blemish the steels due to the protective sleeves reflecting the light..

Last edited:
Nice TV's. I believe we have the same, but I don't know the exact type/code xD. I would never do something like that! Must be annoying as hell... You're watching a dramatic war movie, while your girlfriend is watching a comedy... :No

It's not that hard really.. The Astro headset is noise cancelling so I don't hear anything :)

Makes life much easier if there are two football matches on and I don't know which to watch... Just watch both!!! Lol