wjasoncul

Premium Supporter
Dec 11, 2012
MS, USA
image.jpg

Link

List Price: $59.95
Our Price: $39.95

AVAILABLE FOR PRE-ORDER ONLY. WILL SHIP ON OR BEFORE 7/29/14.

Flicker Alley and The Blackhawk Films® Collection are proud to commemorate the 100th anniversary of the birth of the Little Tramp with the premiere of Chaplin’s Mutual Comedies, a 5-disc Blu-ray/DVD box set, presented for a limited time in a collector’s edition SteelBook case. The collection features 12 newly restored films (The Floorwalker, The Fireman, The Vagabond, One A.M., The Count, The Pawnshop, Behind the Screen, The Rink, Easy Street, The Cure, The Immigrant, and The Adventurer), all scanned under the aegis of Association Chaplin at a resolution of 2,000 lines from original 35mm prints gathered from archives all over the world, then digitally assembled and restored, a collaborative effort of Lobster Films in Paris and L’Immagine Ritrovata in Bologna, Italy. Each film offers the option of either improvised piano accompaniment or a full orchestral score. Among the many well-known composers and musicians featured are Eric Beheim, Neil Brand, Timothy Brock, Antonio Coppola, Carl Davis, Stephen Horne, Robert Israel, the Mont Alto Motion Picture Orchestra, Maud Nelissen, Donald Sosin, and Gabriel Thibaudeau.

5-disc set would mean a Jumbo right?

{param}
They have a bundle here with The Mack Sennett Collection, Vol. One that is also $80.90

More info from FA page
Director: Charlie Chaplin
Featuring: Charlie Chaplin Edna Purviance Albert Austin Eric Campbell Roscoe 'Fatty' Arbuckle
Composers : Robert Israel Donald Sosin Stephen Horne Neil Brand Timothy Brock Carl Davis Eric Beheim Antonio Coppola Mont Alto Motion Picture Orchestra Maud Nelissen Gabriel Thibaudeau
Year: 1916-1917
Length: 400 minutes
Format: NTSC
Region: All: A,B,C/0
Language: Silent with English Intertitles

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 208
Last edited by a moderator:
List Price: $59.95
Our Price: $80.90
I love how their price is more expensive :hilarious:

---------- Post added at 03:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:23 PM ----------

Also, not a big fan of the cover art. That huge block of red is ugly.

I love the pricing for this:
LIST PRICE-$59.95
OUR PRICE-$80.90

I love how their price is more expensive :hilarious:

---------- Post added at 03:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:23 PM ----------

Also, not a big fan of the cover art. That huge block of red is ugly.

That's what I said here - "Also looks like their Price is wrong for this set. Comes to $80.90 in the cart, but they have a bundle here with The Mack Sennett Collection, Vol. One that is also $80.90" :thumbs:

Listed Price $59.95
Our Price $80.90

Sounds to me like they are giving themselves a commision, well I'm not going to help them out unless I can get it for $59.95

Reactions: Birch
i'm basically interested in this, but it has to be a normal G2 size steelbook, and it needs a change of the artwork, as the current mockup looks terrible imo.

5 discs there is no way its a regular sized steelbook. I hope we can have Wreck or someone contact them and plead to take away the dvd as we don't need them in our steelbook cases anymore. Its been how many years since Blu-ray has been out? Come on man!!!

jumbo FYI

Thanks, Wreck! You commented that they might have been worried about production costs and selling this. I would think that putting out a Jumbo steel would be a pretty good way to make sure it doesn't sell. Can we do like Chip suggested and maybe put into their ear the idea to make it a slim by dumping the DVDs?

Reactions: Hooltra
Jumbo= no sale.

All they have to do is put the dvd in a paper sleeve underneath the data sheet on the back of the steel. Ive seen others do this.

if they can get it to a slim that would be more ideal, disappointing to hear it was a jumbo when there is the possibility to do it in a slim

Its because Flicker Alley don't release single blu ray releases and DVD releases anymore, they only do combo packs, i.e. if you only want this in DVD then you have to buy the blu ray/DVD combo, and likewise if you only want the blu ray then you have to buy the combo as well... I guess it saves on packaging (cases) but i guess its a little inconvenient in cases such as this... ;)

Oh well, i don't mind, i kinda hope they release this in a scanavo (criterion) case like they did with A Trip to the Moon :D

5 discs there is no way its a regular sized steelbook. I hope we can have Wreck or someone contact them and plead to take away the dvd as we don't need them in our steelbook cases anymore. Its been how many years since Blu-ray has been out? Come on man!!!

I know where you are coming from, but like it or not, DVD is still the biggest seller and is likely to be for the forseeable future; a good number of films still aren't even released in Blu at all - which (apart from its other glaring deficiencies) firmly kicks 4K into touch, given that the majority of people still haven't even taken up Blu Ray/regular HD.

Back on topic - is this region free or not?