Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: July 6th, 2015
Purchase links:
HMV
Xtra-Vision
Price: £15.99
HDN Group Buy: Naughtius Maximus < click (UK, EU + ROW members)

01-246691.jpg

Last edited:
If you bothered to really read my post you would have realised that I was not questioning the act of seeing a movie at the cinema per se. I was questioning the logic of seeing something at the cinema purely to decide whether to purchase it in steelbook form.

Apologies, i did "really read" your post but i didn't realise that was the point you were making.
Personally i'll only buy discs of movies that i've already seen and enjoyed and would like to see again, but each to their own.

Reactions: jonnie123
Liking that orange and black, it'd look fantastic in full glossed ... oh I'd probably be minority here I really enjoy the movie and look forward to own steelbook [emoji3]

Last edited:
The steelbook looks ok to me, but there isnt much love for the film, great effects dont make a great film, it needs good plotting, narrative and a need to empathise with the main characters, which from almost everything ive read, this has difficulty in achieving.

The steelbook looks ok to me, but there isnt much love for the film, great effects dont make a great film, it needs good plotting, narrative and a need to empathise with the main characters, which from almost everything ive read, this has difficulty in achieving.
I dunno, post #66 on the previous page got me psyched up to watch it. Sounds like I'll enjoy it.

Still awaiting critics consensus on this one. Didn't enjoy Blomkamp's other movies but this looks surprisingly decent. A bit like Short Circuit for adults.

Don't listen to the critics, man. Saw it yesterday afternoon, it's awesome. Pure awesome. The ending fits so well, just excellent. So, yes, I suggest seeing it. Plus Hugh Jackman is a massive prick, *Spoiler*

Might just have to get the steelbook- Caught the movie on Saturday; I wasn't overly enthusiastic about seeing it (commited the cardinal sin of reading too much into the average reviews of the movie and letting them make my mind up for me...) but it was one of those rare breeds of films where I enjoyed it a damn sight more than what I'd of imagined I would.

If anyone here is stuck in two minds about seeing it owing to the so-so reviews of the film; Cast that aside and give it a go- I for one am glad that I did...

Don't listen to the critics, man. Saw it yesterday afternoon, it's awesome. Pure awesome. The ending fits so well, just excellent. So, yes, I suggest seeing it. Plus Hugh Jackman is a massive prick, *Spoiler*
Totally agree dude- I read too much into what others had to say about it; Didn't help that the trailer didn't really sell the film to me- Caught this over the Weekend and was surprised just how much I enjoyed it.