Charles Band's EMPIRE PICTURES Collection (Limited Edition Blu-ray Box Set) (Full Moon Direct) [USA]

tridon

Est. 2011
Dec 5, 2011
Thunder Bay
Release date: May 05, 2017
Order link: Full Moon Direct
Price: $250.00
Note: Limited to only 600 pieces; Pre-order goes live on April 28th; Will not be sold in stores

Empire_BoxSet_Horizontal-576.jpg

Empire_Card_2_Wraps-576.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: gigan72
From ComingSoon:

Every horror and cult movie fan who came of age in the 1980s still speaks in hushed tones about the late, great Empire Pictures. Founded by producer and director Charles Band in 1983, the fabled studio and distributor was responsible for a tidal wave of amazing, imaginative and profitable horror, science fiction and fantasy films many of which have become definitive works and high water marks of their respective genres.

Now, as a gift to the legion of rabid Empire fans out there, Band and Full Moon (in collusion with Shout! Factory) will release The Empire Pictures Blu-ray Collection, a massive limited edition collection (only 600 are being produced) featuring 18 films on 15 discs (14 Blu-ray + 1 DVD) packaged in a stunning, sturdy and elegant black collectors box adorned with a collage of original Empire poster art. Inside there will be an exclusive 24-page book as well.

Now, as a gift to the legion of rabid Empire fans out there, Band and Full Moon (in collusion with Shout! Factory)...

Just so everyone knows, this wasn't placed in the Shout!/Scream Factory section because it's not an actual Shout! release. Full Moon basically just asked them if they could put some releases in this set and Shout! said yes. Confirmation from Twitter...

While I don't yet own most of the films in the set, and I am interested in a good chunk of the ones present, $250 is a bit tough to swallow for me. It'd either take a miracle or if I was lucky enough to sell something on eBay for a bit to even consider grabbing this.

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon
While I don't yet own most of the films in the set, and I am interested in a good chunk of the ones present, $250 is a bit tough to swallow for me. It'd either take a miracle or if I was lucky enough to sell something on eBay for a bit to even consider grabbing this.

I am in the same exact frame of mind. The price is just so high damn why!!!!

Reactions: elle82
Will u be one of those lucky people? :D
I had my fill of the Straight to video B movies growing up. I don't really have any nostalgia for the likes of Vestron Video or Empire movies. Will today's youth be nostalgic for a boxed set of Asylum movies in 20 years?!!:rofl:
From Beyond is good though....

• Thanks
Reactions: elle82
Due to a miracle, one of these will be heading my way. I'll be posting pictures once I get it. Here's seeing if it's worth the price or not...

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon