Chicken-egg [sort of.....

Nov 9, 2013
UK
Hey Everyone hope you are all good.

Ok so bear with me on this question. I have been collecting steels for a long time now, I don't have loads but ones which I really like, with me its mainly the film I have to like,then buy the steel, recently...well about a year now I have been into the marvels-DC [SORT OFF] and some releases like Rambo and last action hero which is a lovely steelbook, how ever since being a member on this fine forum I have noticed something that has really intrigued me, as an example Antman-Thor-Avengers-Captain America to name but a few, when I first started to see these come through with really nice art work/covers/lenticular etc I was really excited to want to own these, but then realised that in fact the steels themselves were the same as the standard ones you could buy from the likes of Zavvi-Amazon-HMV etc, but the prices were and still are amazingly expensive, take Nova and Film arena, the packages look amazing with all the cards exclusive covers and all, BUT the steel is the same [most of the time] so my question is for you good people is it the steelbook or the extras that you go for, I have seen many threads on how fantastic a lenticular looks, and this seems [to me] that is the defining factor to buy that copy, I mean how many different versions were there of Cap-Amarica I have lost count, from different sellers, then theres the 1-click with matching numbers, different covers, but the steel is still the same, and we are talking a lot of money, so I was really interested in how some of you decide your purchases, I understand that most look awesome with all the cards and bits you get with the sets, but is that the main reason, are most of you the extra collectors, [lenticulars] especially, I do understand that being exclusive they are very collectable and worth a fair bit after some time, I have also seen many examples that if the cover/lenticular is crap...its an easy pass for me... is quoted a lot, so there it is, are lenticulars the defining factor to buy a steel.
For me they are just to restrictive money wise, especially if you can not buy one direct or from a GB, Having said that Terminator-2 was one I would have loved to own, but just for the steelbook itself, even though it came with extras [but missed out]. It is very interesting to see how some on here are really dedicated and knowledgeable about steelbooks, and that's great, and as a result I have certainly learnt a lot about this hobby, anyway just wanted to know what it was that determined your choices.

Many thanks

Huggsy