IMG_9713.JPG

E2:
IMG_9714.JPG

18835852_1785175604832319_8303513661436455189_n.jpg
Screen Shot 2015-09-08 at 17.59.36.png
child_44.jpg

child_44_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Both of those films made a profit, in the case of Ghost Rider it did very well earning over 200mil and has a lot of fans. Child 44 TANKED! Heavily bogged down script and completely wasted cast. FA are probably hoping Hardy fans snap it up as they seem to buy anything he's in and he's made some turkeys!
C'mon now. Who CARES about box office? ROSENCRANTZ & GUILDENSTERN ARE DEAD (with Gary Oldman) is better than most movies put out there by the boutique steelbook makers, and that movie made nothing. B.O. means zero.
If it meant something, then TRANSFORMERS 4 is one of the great movies of our time.
Box office and Rotten Tomatoes aggregate ratings mean nothing. It is not the measure of great cinema.
Remember-
Box Office = how many people went to see a movie. NOT how mant people LIKE the movie.
If 100 out of 100 people pay to see a movie - box office shows a 100% success- even if 100 of 100 people who saw it thought it was terrible.
BLADE RUNNER tanked. OFFICE SPACE tanked. SHAWSHANK REDEMPTION tanked.
FIGHT CLUB, BIG LEBOWSKI... A failure to connect with an audience, or poor PR has zero to do with a quality movie.

Last edited:
[ ] Batman Begins
[ ] The Dark Knight
[ ] The Dark Knight Rises
[ ] Dawn of the Planet of the Apes
[ ] Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
[ ] Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
[ ] Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
[ ] Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2
[ ] True Romance
[ ] JFK
[ ] Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy
[ ] Kung Fu Panda 2 (voice only)
[ ] Léon: The Professional
[ ] The Fifth Element
[ ] Lawless
[ ] RoboCop (2014)
[ ] The Book of Eli

Incoming

[ ] Bram Stoker's Dracula (Popart Steelbook)
[ ] Child 44 (FAC)

Did I forget one?
Haha! Yes!! I own all of them but Kung Fu Panda 2, for which I just got the red slip cover. I do want to get it at some point. $ is an issue.

Not seen the film and not sure what to make of this yet but I have subscribed to this thread :yawn:

I have not seen this movie but i will keep an eye on this :watch::cool:

As you will have seen from the exchanges that have already taken place in this thread, "Child 44" is very much a 'marmite' movie which excites strong feelings, both for and against.

I liked it and found it even better on a second viewing but it's not to everyone's taste. All I can say, therefore, is see it for yourself and make up your own mind.

As you will have seen from the exchanges that have already taken place in this thread, "Child 44" is very much a 'marmite' movie which excites strong feelings, both for and against.

I liked it and found it even better on a second viewing but it's not to everyone's taste. All I can say, therefore, is see it for yourself and make up your own mind.
I love Marmite (was introduced to it by my British girlfriend - now ex, but Marmite has stayed) :)

Will be a blind buy for me, I occasionally like to do exactly that.

Reactions: augustus

O.k i will check it out :cool:

Reactions: augustus
i must confess guys that if i didnt see this steel announced i would have never know that this movie existed! lol. i checked t out today and i think it is a good film, the starting kind od slow but then i got hooked, the art for the steel i dont like it at all but i know the whole package will b awesome as always, i just don know if i want to spend a lot in this one....

i must confess guys that if i didnt see this steel announced i would have never know that this movie existed! lol. i checked t out today and i think it is a good film, the starting kind od slow but then i got hooked, the art for the steel i dont like it at all but i know the whole package will b awesome as always, i just don know if i want to spend a lot in this one....
I'd buy a steelbook of Gary Oldman and Tom Hardy reading the phone book...;)

Gary Oldman and Tom Hardy have, I believe, collaborated on four films.

"Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy" (2011)
"Lawless" (2012)
"The Dark Knight Rises" (2012)
"Child 44" (2015)

All good films and all with Steelbook releases.
...and also Tom Hardy believes (as I do) that Gary Oldman is the best living actor.

Movie is Not good. But I love Tom Hardy. I don't want to buy it. But I don't have a power. I'm Tom hardy's Fan girl. :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool: