UK
Release date: November 14th, 2016
Purchase link: Zoom - Zavvi
Price: £14.99

1.jpg
2.jpg

chinatown_3-1024x637.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I might actually go for this one if the steel is glossy and has a nice finish and the slip isn't a plane Jane flat slip

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
Oh for the love of god

The Steelbooks I want with slipcases have the same artwork. Yet others have different artwork

Puts me off buying

I really like the German edition which looks similar but the finish isn't great and the lack of inside artwork is really disappointing. This looks like it will be an improvement. I expect the slip won't be the best but the Steelbook should be nice judging by the last few releases.

I don't own this one on Blu, so will probably pick this up. Fingers crossed for a decent finish!

I already have the USA Steelbook but has no inside artwork

USA Blu-ray has good extras very good extras
14457307_10209915258418655_3227882049833884471_n.jpg
UK Blu-ray has no extras at all
Unless it's a new Blu-ray Disc it will be the same as previous UK Blu-ray

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: javiermendoza
Yes, thank you Zoom for another classic with a slipcover to join the previous 2 classics from another era announced recently.
A film obviously well deserving of a steelbook and with the most recognisable poster image for the front which is a big :thumbs: for me.
Poster design by DIENER-HAUSER, poster artwork by JIM PEARSALL
chinatown.jpg

Other images maybe not as good and certainly not as recognisable as the one chosen:-
chinatown_ver3.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bought the U.K. Blu-ray when it came out with the same artwork but unfortunately that didn't come with a slipcover unlike the gorgeous one that I think came with the original U.S. Blu-ray edition and, as has been mentioned already, our release was sadly lacking in Special Features when compared to the U.S. release.
It did come with an eight page booklet but that's scant consolation for the lack of Special Features on the disc particularly as about four of the pages are pictures . . .
Regarding the lack of Special Features: it seems to me than an error must have been made as this is a BD50 after all with plenty of space on the disc for a Commentary track etc. Fingers crossed they correct this for the new release.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Would have ordered with RAK15OFF but appears to have EXPIRED, alas :(
SIGNUP10 still good for a bit off though :happy:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fans of Mr. Polanski quite lucky this year with a nice little boxset coming in Nov including his very first film - KNIFE IN THE WATER - and one of my favourites - REPULSION - although none of these are likely to find themselves inside steelbooks . . .
160588_large.jpg

. . . ROSEMARY'S BABY on the other hand . . .

Last edited:
Reactions: Last Lizard