Premium Supporter
Jan 4, 2014
United Kingdom
Release Date: 21st December 2017
Purchase Links: dvd-store-it
Price: €126,90 €129,90

1000703023.jpg

19 disc set (7 4K UHD + 11 BD + 1 DVD)

• Batman Begins (4K ULTRA HDTM + Blu-ray)
• The Dark Knight (4K ULTRA HD + Blu-ray + Bonus Disc)
• The Dark Knight Rises (4K ULTRA HD + Blu-ray + Bonus Disc)
• Inception (4K ULTRA HD + Blu-ray + Bonus Disc)
• Interstellar (4K ULTRA HD + Blu-ray + Bonus Disc)
• The Prestige (4K ULTRA HD + Blu-ray)
• Dunkirk (4K ULTRA HD + Blu-ray + DVD)

Last edited:
So disappointing with the jumbo cases. Going with individual releases and spend the money.

Have to agree. Not all that pleased with that especially for the money. But I'm sure the 4k releases themselves are going to be amazing.

You guys are mad, £115ish for 7 brand new 4k movies not to mention its a 19 disc set all in all, what did you think you were going to get, a shoebox length set with 7 slip cover sets in there?

What's more maddening is people are like, so disappointed with this, "im gonna spend even more on the individual releases".

They're saying it about the Dark Knight trilogy 4k set too.. "uh i dont like the box, im gonna cancel and reorder everything individually for a higher cost because the same art on the cover I want on a slip cover too, three slipless amarays in a box isnt good enough." - thats paraphrasing.

You guys are mad, £115ish for 7 brand new 4k movies not to mention its a 19 disc set all in all, what did you think you were going to get, a shoebox length set with 7 slip cover sets in there?

What's more maddening is people are like, so disappointed with this, "im gonna spend even more on the individual releases".

They're saying it about the Dark Knight trilogy 4k set too.. "uh i dont like the box, im gonna cancel and reorder everything individually for a higher cost because the same art on the cover I want on a slip cover too, three slipless amarays in a box isnt good enough." - thats paraphrasing.

To each his own, right? ...

Well I said I was disappointed. And yes I thought they would put individual cases, the release in Australia aaand Italy was precisely that (see below). And if your are calling us out for spending money on packaging, your on the wrong site buddy :rofl:

25158371_10214695821293150_4383033630499930038_n.jpg

It's one thing to spend money on collectable packaging, but if you were after all individual cases you'd have ordered them all individually in the first place and not be screwing over the fact they could end up in a jumbo case.

Order from Italy, cheapest option.. end up with Italian covers. If packaging is your thing then thats not really an option unless you're Italian.
Order from Australia, its about £110 before postage, best part of £150 all in.. not that great of a deal when total price is considered.
Order from America, not sure of the price but will likely be same ball park as Australia and get jumbo cases.

Going out and spending atleast £20 a pop on each film just for a cardboard slipcover which is the exact same as the cover art for the amaray is just stupid in my opinion. The slips have no special finish or alternate artwork. I'd understand if they were digipaks or digibooks, maybe even steelbooks

So the Box Set has jumbo cases. Is it confirmed that the individual sets have their own slipcovers?

Hmmm...tough decision. My initial plan is to migrate all the 4K discs in my exisiting collection anyway. But the slips are really nice.

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon
I'm going individual for the simple fact that I'm not really a fan of The Prestige and I don't feel the need to update some of these to 4K. Definitely in for Dunkirk and (likely) TDK trilogy... maybe Interstellar.

I'm going individual for the simple fact that I'm not really a fan of The Prestige and I don't feel the need to update some of these to 4K. Definitely in for Dunkirk and (likely) TDK trilogy... maybe Interstellar.

I will probably just get the TDK trilogy and will wait for a sale on the rest.

• Thanks
It's one thing to spend money on collectable packaging, but if you were after all individual cases you'd have ordered them all individually in the first place and not be screwing over the fact they could end up in a jumbo case.

Order from Italy, cheapest option.. end up with Italian covers. If packaging is your thing then thats not really an option unless you're Italian.
Order from Australia, its about £110 before postage, best part of £150 all in.. not that great of a deal when total price is considered.
Order from America, not sure of the price but will likely be same ball park as Australia and get jumbo cases.

Going out and spending atleast £20 a pop on each film just for a cardboard slipcover which is the exact same as the cover art for the amaray is just stupid in my opinion. The slips have no special finish or alternate artwork. I'd understand if they were digipaks or digibooks, maybe even steelbooks

The issue here is not the price but the packaging. I am guessing you are not a slipcover nut around here.

• Thanks
I like a good slipcover as next as the next man, as far as I can see though the slipcover has no embossing or varied effects, its just the same artwork as the main cover with a slightly metallic sheen. I would've prefered the trilogy set to be a digipak to be honest.

Are the extra features from the ultimate collectors edition featured in the 4k set?

Ok, apparently you don't know how things work around here. If I like something, and can afford it, I buy it. What is "stupid" about that?
I never said I was going to buy the Italian or the Australian, I was giving you an example since you called me out because I was disappointed, and you thought it didn't exist saying it would be a shoe box.

The slips are metallic and look great. While the box is very boring when looked up closely. I personally love the finish on these releases.

And so just so you can have some peace of mind (don't want you to lose any more sleep)...The complete set is $160 shipped, while the individuals are $170. 1.50 extra per slipcover, which are frickin awesome. So that in my opinion, makes it totally worth it. You don't like the slips, that's cool. I respect your opinion. But think twice before you go calling people stupid.

tumblr_o4gc1ezN1l1tmd2mlo1_500.gif

Looking at Amazon.com the complete set is $150, adding all the other individual releases together minus Prestige (which I couldn't find but judging by the prices for the others the price would on average $25) the total comes to more like $180. So you're looking at more like over $4 per identical slipcover.

I don't really care how you spend your money but I don't recall ANY boxset coming with a complete set of individual movies in separate case which also had each case in a slipcase... so why preorder this expecting anything different? As soon as the pics landed people were like "thats it, order cancelled, individuals ordered" all for an IDENTICAL slipcase.

Honestly now, if you went into a store or onto Amazon and all these movies were $20 without the slip and a separate listing for ones with slipcovers at $24-25 each would you honestly shell out $28-35 dollars JUST for the slipcover?

I have NOTHING against slipcovers and if I was picking a movie up off the shelf in a store I would go for one with a slipcover, but **** son, I wouldn't pay extra for it especially when there is nothing remarkable about it. They're worth it if they alternate from the box art, or have some special embossing/debossing/textured or finished effect. A metallic sheen isn't worth it. You don't have to like my opinion, I personally don't care how you retort.

Looking at Amazon.com the complete set is $150, adding all the other individual releases together minus Prestige (which I couldn't find but judging by the prices for the others the price would on average $25) the total comes to more like $180. So you're looking at more like over $4 per identical slipcover.

I don't really care how you spend your money but I don't recall ANY boxset coming with a complete set of individual movies in separate case which also had each case in a slipcase... so why preorder this expecting anything different? As soon as the pics landed people were like "thats it, order cancelled, individuals ordered" all for an IDENTICAL slipcase.

Honestly now, if you went into a store or onto Amazon and all these movies were $20 without the slip and a separate listing for ones with slipcovers at $24-25 each would you honestly shell out $28-35 dollars JUST for the slipcover?

I have NOTHING against slipcovers and if I was picking a movie up off the shelf in a store I would go for one with a slipcover, but **** son, I wouldn't pay extra for it especially when there is nothing remarkable about it. They're worth it if they alternate from the box art, or have some special embossing/debossing/textured or finished effect. A metallic sheen isn't worth it. You don't have to like my opinion, I personally don't care how you retort.

Bud, it’s all good. Slipcover nuts will buy a blu-ray with a rare slipcover for 3-5x it’s sale price just because there is a nice or variant slipcover. This is the case even though he already has a copy. There is something about a slipcover no matter how plain it is, they just have to have it. They belong to a different breed of collectors.

I am guessing if that box set has individual slipcovers for each blu-ray set and it was not a jumbo then he wouldn’t have to return or cancel it. It’s the slip that matters aside from the slipbox.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Covcraig