Cinderella (Blu-ray SteelBook) [Taiwan]

Nov 11, 2013
Taipei, Taiwan
Release Date: June 26th, 2015
Price: NT$948 (JSDVD) - USD $44.49 (YesAsia)
Purchase links:
JSDVD
YesAsia - release date July 10th, 2015

cinderbd2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
For this steelbook there will only be The WWA Steel I am afraid, no sign of any other copies so far other than WWA and release date is upon us, passed for Taiwan actually.

Yes completely Title less as WWA Steel most often are, like FROZEN, Thor 2 for example....but on the Taiwan version is has an amazing slip with a cardboard side that hides the spine as you can see on pictures with the title...so when you put the steel back in the 1/4 slip and on put it on your shelf, side by side you will see the title that is designed on the slip itself

Steelbook looks decent but could have been better

I agree though the back artwork would have been better if it was the front artwork

I'm not surprised there is no title on the front or spine that was sort of expected going be the previous Disney Steelbooks for new releases films that are a world wide artwork release
Its just a different Jcard for each country release to display the title

Its not something I personally like not having a title on the spine

I will most likely end up getting the Kimchi Full Slip release of this or the Lenti

Well I actually thought since Malificent and big hero six was released with titles on the spine these new ones would start getting titles.

Well I actually thought since Malificent and big hero six was released with titles on the spine these new ones would start getting titles.

Personally I do not mind at all, as long as the design is there and proper finish, quality steel is my main concern, after that whether there is a title or not I am less concern but they must do so more on WWA Steels...

If I remember correctly Maleficent was not a WWA but Big Hero is(so why this one has title ? maybe because of the simplistic title ? :cautious:)...
it seems to be more the norm from what I observe now, that WWA releases are usually the ones without titles

Personally I do not mind at all, as long as the design is there and proper finish, quality steel is my main concern, after that whether there is a title or not I am less concern but they must do so more on WWA Steels...

If I remember correctly Maleficent was not a WWA but Big Hero is(so why this one has title ? maybe because of the simplistic title ? :cautious:)...
it seems to be more the norm from what I observe now, that WWA releases are usually the ones without titles

Titles should be on spines. Especially the disney ones with such a huge collection of them forming now

Reactions: DJ IXS
Titles should be on spines. Especially the disney ones with such a huge collection of them forming now

it is just because it is WWA they can do one template and just print them, if they were to put titles on them, it would be costly to change the title for different Country/Different Languages

it is just because it is WWA they can do one template and just print them, if they were to put titles on them, it would be costly to change the title for different Country/Different Languages

It would be costlier than just doing a single run but how much more could it really cost to do 7-10 runs for the different continents and different major languages?

No, they can just change the title on the J-Card like they did with Maleficent in Spain (Malifica). There is NO excuse for not having a title on the front/spine in this day and age.

You don't have to explain it to me, I know. But I'm paying for the product therefore they can afford to put a english title on the spine (one of the widest spoken languages - actually the widest spoken language)

Completely agree with geek and DJ, and if you want another language on it put it on the jcard

Reactions: keyjey
You don't have to explain it to me, I know. But I'm paying for the product therefore they can afford to put a english title on the spine (one of the widest spoken languages - actually the widest spoken language)

Completely agree with geek and DJ, and if you want another language on it put it on the jcard
...and folks in other non-English dominant countries seem to have zero issues with collecting the other 99% of steelbooks with English spines...or am I wrong?!!

...and folks in other non-English dominant countries seem to have zero issues with collecting the other 99% of steelbooks with English spines...or am I wrong?!!

I may of come across a bit sh*tty then but they should really be putting the name on the spine in the country it's being released in, in their language. They cost enough to buy and they are just being greedy but cutting costs and making the spine stick out and making the steelbook feel half done. Don't bother me about a title not being on the front but it's logical to have it on the spine.

I never said that Taiwan wasn't the best. But if you are glorifying the shrinkwrap of a steelbook release, that is a bad sign. Don't worry, when KimchiDVD comes out with their slips, then everybody will be talking about the slips instead of the shrink wrap. I think that is a better conversation... Lol

Reactions: keyjey