Cineshop Museum - is it legit?

Sep 11, 2011
Has anyone ever used this site based in france to order rare blu rays and dvds? they are a bit expensive but you can pick up some really rare stuff from them. I'm not being paid to promote them btw. Just another channel to look for rare stuff.

http://www.cineshop-museum.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: tridon
You guys sure they are legit? I see some uber rare statue stuff thats its very hard to believe these are all "in stock" items.

Wreck-I opened the thread back up so others can comment. Unfortunately, as I don't collect these items, I don't know myself, but maybe we can 'vet' them for a while with members' comments. I will remove their link from the retailer list for now, so we don't inadvertently promote a bogus site.

Its just odd, because on Iron Man statues a lone ; I noticed they claim to have 3-4 life size one in stock plus many 1/1 busts etc. Just that stuff alone can damn near fill up one room. The site seeemed like it was a small site, perhaps its a full blown business and they have a warehouse or something for all this stuff ... but that struck me as odd if this was some one-man-show.

Cool stuff, no doubt, maybe one of our French members know more.

This 'shop' has been about for years and has always charged extortionate prices for their items, with some of the items on sale being rarer than rocking horse poo.

I've always doubted the legibility of the seller as I've known the shop/name/seller from a previous forum I used to moderate and we were always very wary of this place.

It may well be legit and everything would be fine...... but you never know ;)

Thanks for all the feedback. I've not used them myself but did email them two days ago about the French edition of Avengers to see if they will have this in stock. Their feedback is quite good on ebay but as people have stated, still approach them with caution.

Some of the Australian sites such as JB Hifi and EzyDVD are quite good for rare items. I brought my Grindhouse Blu Ray boxset from them. Always worth scouting these sites for upcoming stuff.

Thanks pal, I went in and checked that there is a few things I missed out and was going to order, until I saw some conversation. Thanks again, wait and see what members response will be....

It looks like some of the stuff like statues have been brought from Forbidden Planet or similar shops that are no longer produced.

I've purchased stuff from there in the past and can assure the costumer support is always active and they send very fast replies.
However, my item took some couple of weeks till they ship it, even though it was described as "in stock".
Anyways, I'd say my feedback would be 5 star for everything but their "handling time".

only bought one item there, french website, but prices are so high i don't care anymore

you can blindly buy there, for most of the stuff the stock never changed ...

don't be afraid

after said this i repeat i only bought one dvd box set which i found 1/4 cost the next day (i should check before pay haha)

---------- Post added at 11:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 PM ----------

and read correctly, it's clearly wrote "unavailable" in french = "indisponible"

the only one available those last days ... was mine !!! still there ... didn't sale it on ebay :(

Last edited by a moderator:
If i remember correctly this site belongs to one of the owners/admins of the importforums which was a similar community to this that i used to be a member of, back in the day when DVD's were the thing.

I have never bought there due to the prices but back then it was praised as super legit!

If i remember correctly this site belongs to one of the owners/admins of the importforums which was a similar community to this that i used to be a member of, back in the day when DVD's were the thing.

I have never bought there due to the prices but back then it was praised as super legit!

Thanks for letting us know. I know they're expensive but they have some amazing editions of DVDs. Blu ray choice isn't massive just yet. I still collect both. I'm very interested in Amelie collector's edition dvd tin. It is expensive but a purchase now and then won't dent my treasury as such.