UK
Release date: December 8th, 2014
Purchase link: Clerks
Price: £16.99
Notes: Limited to 2,000 copies

10945417-1408712183-104199.jpg

10945417-1408712183-104224.jpg

Last edited:
It's criminal that this is nearing half price and it's only been out for just over a week.

They are constantly dropping the price because sales are horrible. Outside of some Marvel and Disney releases, I bet they are having trouble selling a lot of their steelbook releases lately. Most of these so called "flash sales" and "holiday sales" are sticking around a lot longer than advertised. Zavvi flooded the market with many average steels for many average movies at WAY too high of prices thinking collector's would bite. Most did not. Now they are stuck with thousands of steelbooks people do not want. I see many more price drops to £4.99 in the near future

Last edited:
They are constantly dropping the price because sales are horrible. Outside of some Marvel and Disney releases, I bet they are having trouble selling a lot of their steelbook releases lately. Most of these so called "flash sales" and "holiday sales" are sticking around a lot longer than advertised. Zavvi flooded the market with many average steels for many average movies at WAY too high of prices thinking collector's would bite. Most did not. Now they are stuck with thousands of steelbooks people do not want. I see many more price drops to £4.99 in the near future

In which case the January sales are going to be FUN for us lol

You pretty much nailed it. I've cancelled all of my pre-orders with Zavvi. If catalogue titles were priced fairly in the first place I wouldn't have a problem with them. But how can you not feel enraged to see a £17.99 to £6.99 price drop in the course of a month? Not even amarays drop this fast!

Yep I can't fault your logic. If you look at the ones that are left and are constantly being shoved in our faces during zavvi sales they are all explainable by poor art or poor film choices (or both). Stuff like Clerks, The Graduate, and Reservoir Dogs should have sold well without resorting to price slashing but they all have terrible art. Crap films like Legend, Shaolin Soccer, Toxic Avenger, and Silent Hill: Revelation shouldn't even be steelbooks.

And yet a decent film with good art like King Kong comes out and it sells out almost immediately. Zavvi really should start to pay more attention to this for the sake of both themselves and the customers. Some might argue that what comes out isn't down to Zavvi, but they MUST see what they are getting from the studios before they commit to buying 4000 copies or whatever. It is up to them to say "That won't sell, give us something else".

Yes yes yes, must have all of those!!!! [emoji41]

It's weird that the only other Kevin Smith movie with a steelbook has been "Red State", no Amy, no Mallrats, no Dogma... I still think he peaked early though with Clerks and the 2nd best effort in my view is not one of his movies, but the documentary about him making Clerks called "The Snowball Effect"... oh yeah, and his 3 "An Evening with..." DVD's - those were awesome!

It's weird that the only other Kevin Smith movie with a steelbook has been "Red State", no Amy, no Mallrats, no Dogma... I still think he peaked early though with Clerks and the 2nd best effort in my view is not one of his movies, but the documentary about him making Clerks called "The Snowball Effect"... oh yeah, and his 3 "An Evening with..." DVD's - those were awesome!

As good as Clerks is, I think his masterpiece is Chasing Amy, better in every way from acting, writing and direction. Outside of Clerks 2 though his recent output hasn't been brilliant. Red State was ok but Tusk was just terrible. I can understand why he is now going back to Mallrats 2 and Clerks 3. He knows where his bread and butter is.

I really like the first "New Jersey Trilogy" - Clerks, Mallrats and Chasing Amy. In these is Smith in the best form. Jay and Silent Bob is the great blink for fans of those movies and I love it :) And Clerks 2 is, I think, his looking back at the best times and it's totally worth it. I'm really exiting of the third Clerks and his return back to top :)