UK
Release date: December 8th, 2014
Purchase link: Clerks
Price: £16.99
Notes: Limited to 2,000 copies

10945417-1408712183-104199.jpg

10945417-1408712183-104224.jpg

Last edited:
Interesting to see from one of the photos that Zavvi have copies of the Clerks steelbook at the MCN comic con, yet it's not due out till December, so anyone thats ordered it better have money in their account as this could come early!

Also note that the show price was under £10. So enjoy those £17 steels when they arrive! lol

The good news, if you click on the image full size is that it appears this one is actually white.

Well that's... Irritating.

I'll be in Birmingham at the NEC in November for the bike show, which is on at the same time as the Comic Con. I might poke my head in to see if they have a stand up again.

Reactions: psychoscot
Interesting to see from one of the photos that Zavvi have copies of the Clerks steelbook at the MCN comic con, yet it's not due out till December, so anyone thats ordered it better have money in their account as this could come early!

Also note that the show price was under £10. So enjoy those £17 steels when they arrive! lol

The good news, if you click on the image full size is that it appears this one is actually white.

I thought they were selling them for £14.99?

IMG_20141024_173410371_HDR.jpg

Reactions: psychoscot
Nope £16.99 at present on the site dude
I thought they were selling them for £14.99 at the ComicCon. The photo, which was originally posted by HUBMUSWELL in the 'Young Frankenstein' thread, shows the stock they were taking there and the sale prices.

I thought they were selling them for £14.99 at the ComicCon. The photo, which was originally posted by HUBMUSWELL in the 'Young Frankenstein' thread, shows the stock they were taking there and the sale prices.

Ahh I see I see, I was just going on someones quote earlier that they were all £9.99! So they are going for £14.99, still cheaper than the preorder lol.

To me it looks like there isn't a box around it. You can barely recognize that the white of the slip/j-card is actually a bit brighter than the steel itself.

Well, if Zavvi had this number of titles on offer on the Friday, I could have picked up a few others and included them in the Young Frankenstein GB.

Hopefully, Zavvi will give some advance notice next time :thumbs:

Reactions: Ranavalone
they also look to have alot of stock of things that are sold out on their site.... (Rambo being one) :angry:

This has already been addressd in the young Frankenstein thread, apparently the stock is too low (10-15) to put up on the Zavvi website

This has already been addressd in the young Frankenstein thread, apparently the stock is too low (10-15) to put up on the Zavvi website

Worst.......... excuse......... ever!

I think the excuse is perfectly valid, as with a number of low stock steelbooks we've read in these forums how some members got their orders cancelled because in the end there were not enough copies available to fulfill all orders.

The real question is why Zavvi (or The Hut Group) doesn't upgrade their on-line ordering system to access their inventory database directly.

If it were trivially easy, I'm sure that it would've been done already. Depending on how their systems are implemented, it could be a major software upgrade and obviously that can cost a lot of money.

Spending big money on upgrading a mostly working online store vs. occasional customer dissatisfaction. Hmm... :naughty:

But nice to see that the Clerks steelbook will most likely be released on schedule and it will be white :)