Status
Not open for further replies.

apsmith21

Operations Director
Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
Hey international members!

I'm hosting a group buy for any of you people out there that are interested in the Ant-Man blu-ray steelbook from Best Buy.

ant.jpeg

Release date of December 8, 2015
Pre-order cost is $27.99 (previous Marvel releases had a $19.99 price)
USA sales tax of 5.5% per copy

Original listing: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/marvels...gital-copy/4598956.p?id=3446280&skuId=4598956

*THE LOWEST PRICE from BEST BUY ON RELEASE DAY will be honored (not to be combined with coupons, or other special deals if not available at time of pre-order).

Due to the large amount of work for international group buys, including a few visits to the post office and packaging materials, the fee will be $3.00 for the first copy and $1 for each additional. but that TOTAL cost is DONATED TO HDN upkeep costs.

Paypal fees will be included in any invoice sent.

Limit of 2x copies per request.

Only mint / new copies will be passed on to members here, from what can be seen from the outside slipcover.

Additionally - these steelbooks usually come wrapped in cardboard slips. I'll do my best to inspect them, but I cannot see underneath the cardboard.

Shipping options:
QUOTES are for 1 steelbook ONLY.

I will pack in the following manner - case will be bubble wrapped, in a heavier cardboard box.

Please note - with non-trackable shipping - you the buyer understand that I cannot verify it's delivery - as I leave the choice up to you, this is not my responsibility. Insurance can be purchased through a 3rd party if desired.

I will retain proof of shipping for each package.

All delivery times are ESTIMATES only. New quotes provided as necessary.

First Class International (Box) - with delivery confirm to most countries.

-delivery to most locations - 10 - 14 business days, but may take longer
France - $14.40
UK - $14.40
Canada -> $9.50

Mandatory insurance against loss or damage is $1.30 more up to $100 worth of coverage.

1) UK @mbennett76 x1
2) USA @bloodsnake007 x1
3) Malaysia @ADS1114 x2
5) UK @Sugnid x1
6) UK @whited001 x1
7) USA @taher x1
8) Russia @golomidov_alex x1
9) Thailand @mooyai x2
11) Sweden @dLux x1
12) UK @yeslek x1
13) Germany @Darogal x1
14) USA @AcIDc0r3 x1
15) UK @wozbit x1
16) UK @Lollard2002 x1
17) Thailand @panggy x2
19) UK @LGrima (OCD)
20) UK @Steelselecta x1
21) UK @pyszny x1
22) UK @jitstark x2
24) Australia @Hazzad x2
26) UK @GinjaNinja18 x1
27) UK @intrceptor69 x1
28) UK @Zeefy x1
29) UK @mothy x1
30) UK @YellowCake x1
31) UK @BookMan68 x1
32) UK @The Boydster x2
34) UK @ammar x1
35) UK @Lucifer Adams x1
36) USA @MGD x1
37) UK @Jb162009 x1
38) France @Hooltra x1
39) UK @twiz6469 x1
40) USA @Marina Blue x2 (two different addresses)
42) Singapore @theboysact x1
43) UK @Cobster x1
44) UK @jasonupham x2
46) India @Tejas Phadke x1
47) USA @Nicklor24 x1
48) UK @TyoSolo x1
49) UK @huggy2k4 x1
50) UK @Vtrmart x1
51) UK @gam x1
52) Finland @Ranavalone x1
53) UK @Duffs x1
54) Ireland @R14 x1
55) UK @subbuteo x1
56) USA @taher x1 (second copy ordered)
57) UK @Mickle_89 x1 (OCD)
58) UK @MattK90 x1
59) USA @nafosb x1

Last edited:
Hi everyone, looking at this weeks advertisement and sales circular, it appears Best Buy will NOT be lowering the price below $27.99 + tax.

I'm unsure if this is a new pricing strategy for steelbooks at Best Buy, but obviously this price exceeds what we have been seeing previously with the 3D release day prices on Marvel titles.

All of these are on their way to me now - they have been shipped, and I was charged the $27.99 + tax price.

Many of you are gaining savings from combining of shipping, and if you are very upset about the price difference, please contact me via pm.

I would appreciate it if everyone would honor their commitment, as returning a large number of copies would be difficult for me at my local store.

I will adjust the price on any future Best Buy USA group buy.

OP updated.

Thank you

Last edited:
This sucks so hard :/ What are they smoking!? 8 dollar pricebump! I dont think I can afford a $48 (with shipping+fee) steelbook right now, not at christmas times. It was pushing it as it was already at this time of the year. Im sorry :( I want to keep it but I dont know.... :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: Let me think.
Just wow. I'm so bummed out right now.

Edit: Lets just do this!

Last edited:
Hi everyone, I've received Ant-Man and I've gone through all the copies for their first inspection. I have some very disappointing news. A LARGE number of these steelbooks came with spine slashes.

Given the premium we had to pay for these copies at the $27.99 price, I do not wish to pass on steelbooks with any defects to you.

So there is space for at least 10x members to withdraw, and perhaps more!

I'll start with @dLux, you are welcome to withdraw.

Please note, this is a SPECIAL CIRCUMSTANCE and I normally require you to fulfill the request on any group buy of mine.

Any questions, please let me know.

@Wreck

What percentage, if any, came packaged with the back of the steelbook facing the front?
Doesn't matter to me either way but just curious about it.
I don't get too worked up about spine slashes, by the way.

If possible, I'd like one without the spine slash please Andy.

Is is possible to get these swapped for copies that don't have a spine slash?

Hey guys, I have OVER twenty five copies that have spine slashes, so that means I do not have 60 copies in total that are ALL without a defect.

Dents and dings are going to be returned, and I have a fair number of those, and they are not counted here.

As with Avengers, there is potential that the steelbook might be damaged under the slipcover, which I cannot see as I can't return
if I open them.

Having said that, I cannot guarantee an OCD copy to those that ask, and of course everyone would want a copy without a spine slash.

Your options is as follows:

1) Randomly receive a copy with a spine slash. All members that remain, if that total exceeds my 42 copies that are in great shape - you may get a copy with a slash. No favortism, total random draw.

2) Drop out of the group buy, no penalty for this option as the number of damaged items was large.

Follow up PM will be sent to all of you...

If a SPINE SLASH IS NOT ACCEPTABLE, I invite you to withdraw NOW.

I'm going to clean up the thread and delete the "OCD" messages. Sorry I can't guarantee that for this group buy.

Thanks

If possible, I'd like one without the spine slash please Andy.

Is is possible to get these swapped for copies that don't have a spine slash?

Not at the volume I do for this site. Local stores only usually carry anywhere from 6 - 10 copies. And that's if you get there on release day, and lots of folks didn't reserve them for their own personal purchases.

It's just not a good practice that I like to continue, swap out my damaged ones for potentially better copies at a store (and you are never guaranteed that there aren't spine slashes there) so I order a large number of extras and I return any damaged ones.

I can withdraw from the group buy if you want as I can get a copy from France or Germany.

Thank you, I will remove you from the list.

Status
Not open for further replies.