Cobra (Blu-ray Steelbook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: November 13, 2017
Purchase Link: Zavvi (pre-order Sunday October 22, at around 6PM UK time)
Price: £15.99

11526669-21.jpg

11526669-16.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The German code is not disabled in general. I had something else in my cart and it got the discount. Maybe this title is too cheap.
It worked with Cobra at 17:53 (BST); that's three minutes after the first "it's live" post on the previous page.

I was about to order it too, but since when Zavvi wants 1,99€ for the shipping????
EU address outside the UK shipping is only free if order is €19.99 or more has been that way for months as in early part of this year
UK address free shipping is if order is over £10

German code never worked for me.

I was waiting since before 17:45, refreshing (coz I know they disable them quickly) and it went live before 6pm without the code working.

Has anyone ordered a copy using the German code? If you did, you were very lucky.

EU address outside the UK shipping is only free if order is €19.99 or more has been that way for months as in early part of this year
UK address free shipping is if order is over £10
It's actually not the same limit for the whole EU, but varies by country.

E.g., to Finland, the shipping is free for orders of €30.00 or more (an order of €29.99 still has a €2.99 shipping charge).

German code never worked for me.

I was waiting since before 17:45, refreshing (coz I know they disable them quickly) and it went live before 6pm without the code working.

Has anyone ordered a copy using the German code? If you did, you were very lucky.

german code was for short time active

It worked with Cobra at 17:53 (BST); that's three minutes after the first "it's live" post on the previous page.

As I said, I was refreshing from before live time, and this never happened for me so how is this possible.......?

I was in there the second it went live.

As I said, I was refreshing from before live time, and this never happened for me so how is this possible.......?

I was in there the second it went live.
"Pics or it didn't happen", mate? ;)

20171022_Zavvi DE_Cobra.jpg

On many occasions, I've been in the situation where the regular link + discount code (WELCOME346, DEZ12, ...) won't simply work.

No matter whether I stand on my head, or type with my toes or follow somebody else's proven instructions to the letter :wtf::LOL:

Could it be that you were in a similar situation? :dunno:

On many occasions, I've been in the situation where the regular link + discount code (WELCOME346, DEZ12, ...) won't simply work.

No matter whether I stand on my head, or type with my toes or follow somebody else's proven instructions to the letter :wtf::LOL:

Thanks. That's what I was looking for. Conformation that it had actually worked. because It would not for me.

Not sure why it works for some and not others. My German code is currently still working on most other items.......

The timestamp of my order is 17:58, but before that I was trying to get the code to work and it failed. When I saw the code was applied to the other item I gave up and made the order final.
Ah well, can’t have it all.

• Thanks
Reactions: BluSteel2012

In my scenario the code was active on the other item, just not on the Cobra steels.
My far fetched explanation is that the code doesn’t work on the very cheap items. In the beginning the item was £19.99 and maybe for that the code was working. They were changing the price, you added the items with the new price, code is still working, they disabled the code, but your cart is already active! And you paid.

Well, how about that for a theory! :thumbs::whistle::happy:

giphy.gif

In my scenario the code was active on the other item, just not on the Cobra steels.
My far fetched explanation is that the code doesn’t work on the very cheap items. In the beginning the item was £19.99 and maybe for that the code was working. They were changing the price, you added the items with the new price, code is still working, they disabled the code, but your cart is already active! And you paid.

Well, how about that for a theory! :thumbs::whistle::happy:

giphy.gif
The thing is, you usually get a good 10-15 mins with the code working from when a new title goes live.

Today, it looked like there was an active attempt to not have it work at all from the moment it went live.

Which is unusual, as the code in question is still active itself......

The front looks splendid (even though zoomed in).
But the B/W back is a poor choice in contrast.

This would need to be either red or black to fit the front.

The thing is, you usually get a good 10-15 mins with the code working from when a new title goes live.

Today, it looked like there was an active attempt to not have it work at all from the moment it went live.

Which is unusual, as the code in question is still active itself......
Yes, it was unusual. Let’s see how others go.

I haven't seen it since i saw it in the cinema and I have no home video copies of it in any format.

From what I recall when this movie was released in theatres it was slammed and nobody liked it.
Funny how 30 years later it's suddenly loved. Perhaps because it's in a steelbook?

What's next, Raw Deal?

From what I recall when this movie was released in theatres it was slammed and nobody liked it.
Funny how 30 years later it's suddenly loved. Perhaps because it's in a steelbook?

What's next, Raw Deal?
As with most of Stallones films, this has always had its own fans.

It's the epitome of cheesy 80's action films. Which itself has a cult following of fans who grew up watching them.

Myself included........ :bag: