Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: May 21, 2018
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £24.99
Notes: Black area around guitar is debossed.

11668903-1314548891799572.jpg

Last edited:
Unfortunately no good pics of this steelbook to compare with the U.S. edition but from what I've seen it's not as cut and dried as some say.
Yes, our steelbook is definitely not as vibrant as The Americas steelbook but what it lacks for in finish it makes up for in a superior treatment of the artwork ... for example, a de-bossed title is never going to compare to 'bossing of the actual image ... plus we have complete guitar/complete artwork instead of interrupted.
upload_2018-3-29_2-56-16.png
upload_2018-3-29_2-46-36.png

The savvy COCO steelbook collector will bypass the US steelbook and buy the Blufans for its colourful artwork and the UK steelbook for contrast.

• Thanks
Reactions: robbodoc
I’m gonna go against the tide here and say I prefer the Zavvi release. I have neither yet. Probably gonna go with the Euro Version as I’m needing the 3D disc.

Unfortunately no good pics of this steelbook to compare with the U.S. edition but from what I've seen it's not as cut and dried as some say.
Yes, our steelbook is definitely not as vibrant as The Americas steelbook but what it lacks for in finish it makes up for in a superior treatment of the artwork ... for example, a de-bossed title is never going to compare to 'bossing of the actual image ... plus we have complete guitar/complete artwork instead of interrupted.
View attachment 366724 View attachment 366723
The savvy COCO steelbook collector will bypass the US steelbook and buy the Blufans for its colourful artwork and the UK steelbook for contrast.

The truly savvy Coco collector bought the US SteelBook and the FNC full slip, to go with the Blufans WEA. ;) The characters on the spine add more differentiation, as the spine title isn't needed when it's encased in the full slip.

That's 4 titles I've been charged for with zavvi in the past 24 hours and I forgot about this one. Braveheart, Billboard, andI can't remember the other 2 and now this one which I assume I will be billed in a few hours.

Just arrived

It’s a shame the steel is so dull in colour compared to the j card

Really nice steelbook. It's dull compared to the American version but not as dull as I was expecting from other pictures I've seen

Surprised it arrived early, thought there was some sort of restriction on the Disney films until official release day

Disney delivery date restrictions depends on the release involved it's not applied to every new release
It's also possible Zavvi just ignored it on this occasion if there was a restriction :rofl:

Arrived today, Forgot i ordered this as it was a while ago but really happy to see it arrive as i Cant wait to see the movie and the steebook is gorgeous.

Arrived today ... pleasant surprise in the flesh when compared to the pics seen previously.

Super elegant, exquisitely finely detailed, sobre and superior steelbook where the guitar decoration picked out in silver and the colorful chrysanthemums contrast wonderfully with the matte black background.

Seems to me that the flowers have been treated differently with only the yellows spot-glossed shining when the steelbook is angled one way and only the reds and blues - and a few of the purples - treated with metallic reflections shining when the steelbook is angled differently.
Certainly don't mind that the flower colours are not matched one side with the other.

Another plus is the de-bossed sound hole.

Tiniest issue with the top of the r/h side de-bossed section where they failed to cut out the piece in the shape of a bird's head to match the left side ... spoils the symmetry ever so slightly.

Pics courtesy zavvi & beachtimelong98
DfE_t0AWsAAQkdT.jpg:large

DfE_tz_WAAEOhsV.jpg:large

DfO9oBYVQAAlOn-.jpg:large

DfO9phUVAAAgFLV.jpg:large

412D1E4A-5AF1-4841-96B7-439A3CA49ED0_zpsscpbf5og.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: robbodoc