May 3, 2011
Montreal
Release date: February 27, 2018
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: $29.99

coco.jpg

Pixar-Coco-4K-Blu-ray-Image.png

Last edited:
a lot of dented steelbooks at my store. I had to pick 3x to finally get a satisfactory copy. Even that one has a small dent on the back. I had to fix it to make it pristine in my eyes.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: dfoles
Instore pickup. When I got there this afternoon there were still 2 on the floor. Mine is minty! No dents or slashes. This is a really well done steelbook.

I’m not really a “day of the dead”/ Mexican folklore fan. Would this be worth a blind buy?

Kudos for Best Buy on the gloss/debossing on this and the upcoming Thor!

a lot of dented steelbooks at my store. I had to pick 3x to finally get a satisfactory copy. Even that one has a small dent on the back. I had to fix it to make it pristine in my eyes.
I got two copies for pickup, both dented under the J-card on the front cover :/

Watched this tonight, really enjoyed it.

To me it felt like the Mexican version of Kubo and the Two Strings. And Pixar-ed up.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: harry

I got two copies for pickup, both dented under the J-card on the front cover :/

Damn it. I hope @apsmith21 is not gonna have a hard times picking up mint copies for his GB :ohno:

• Thanks
Reactions: steelbookz4eva
A lot of the damage were under the J-card. Might as well open them to save the trip.

I gotcha there - when buying for a group buy, especially something sold out so soon in store, bit hard to do an exchange on 8 open copies.

You ever try that? It doesn't go over well with Best Buy. :p

I gotcha there - when buying for a group buy, especially something sold out so soon in store, bit hard to do an exchange on 8 open copies.

You ever try that? It doesn't go over well with Best Buy. :p

I've tried it before. As long as it is damaged then they will accept it for return even if sold out.

Maybe you can open them in-store before purchasing. A bit tedious and BB will probably kill you...:p

The demand for this seems to be a regional thing. Here in southern California they have been completely sold out since early yesterday. I picked mine up at 10:30 am yesterday and there were no more on the floor already. I checked for a second copy a little later for a friend after they saw mine and it said no store within 250 miles had it in stock. I assumed since others had mentioned finding more in store that it was due to the higher Latino population in SoCal and the movie's appreciation for the culture, so I checked my old zip code in Detroit today and every store still had them in stock. It's a bummer that they can't redistribute a percentage of their stock.

I've tried it before. As long as it is damaged then they will accept it for return even if sold out.

Maybe you can open them in-store before purchasing. A bit tedious and BB will probably kill you...:p

LOL - so what do you think happens when you have a reputation at your local Best Buy. Then it closes. Some of the employees move to a new one and it just happens to be the one I have to go to now (longer drive but closer to work)...

I already get dirty looks when I walk in with a box of returns...

Want to make sure I can walk back out again... :p

(I recently was told that I'm no longer able to return items to Target, new store policy) :rolleyes: :photo: :p :p