May 3, 2011
Montreal
Release date: February 27, 2018
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: $29.99

coco.jpg

Pixar-Coco-4K-Blu-ray-Image.png

Last edited:
The demand for this seems to be a regional thing. Here in southern California they have been completely sold out since early yesterday. I picked mine up at 10:30 am yesterday and there were no more on the floor already. I checked for a second copy a little later for a friend after they saw mine and it said no store within 250 miles had it in stock. I assumed since others had mentioned finding more in store that it was due to the higher Latino population in SoCal and the movie's appreciation for the culture, so I checked my old zip code in Detroit today and every store still had them in stock. It's a bummer that they can't redistribute a percentage of their stock.

They have been as recently as a month ago. If you wait after release week, and it comes back for order, they are shipping the copies out of Best Buy stores, not from the warehouse.

I was told by a friend that went to pick up some copies last night that there were a number of them on the shelf still (but the store shows sold out at the moment)...

Reactions: GeekSexy
LOL - so what do you think happens when you have a reputation at your local Best Buy. Then it closes. Some of the employees move to a new one and it just happens to be the one I have to go to now (longer drive but closer to work)...

I already get dirty looks when I walk in with a box of returns...

Want to make sure I can walk back out again... :p

(I recently was told that I'm no longer able to return items to Target, new store policy) :rolleyes: :photo: :p :p

You're persona non grata at your Target store? That's a first...lol

They have been as recently as a month ago. If you wait after release week, and it comes back for order, they are shipping the copies out of Best Buy stores, not from the warehouse.

I was told by a friend that went to pick up some copies last night that there were a number of them on the shelf still (but the store shows sold out at the moment)...
Ahahahah!!!! Same thing here!!! Good thing I have 8 different stores within 1 hre drive... :p

• Thanks
Reactions: apsmith21
Want to make sure I can walk back out again... :p

(I recently was told that I'm no longer able to return items to Target, new store policy) :rolleyes: :photo: :p :p

Yep, and my wife is not happy about it. :(

Wow! That's no good. Do they look at her when she walks in and say "That's apsmith21's wife! Don't help her cause we have to restock her husband's movies"

Going to do a pop-in to my local store later today. Anyone else missing this that didn't get one from the group buy, that still needs help? Tag or PM please

Purchased Coco Steelbook in GB

@apsmith21

I already have purchased in your GB's
Star Wars Last Jedi Steelbook Best Buy
Star Wars Last Jedi Digipak Target
Blade Runner 2049 Steelbook Best Buy

Is there much of a difference in cost if I want to get all 4 shipped same time instead of the usual 3 items or am I better of waiting to add another 2 GB items I might be interested in getting later

Popped into my local store yesterday and they had 31(!) copies left on the shelves. I don’t think I’ve ever seen them stock that many copies of a single steelbook—let alone 5 days after its release date. Seems like they may have had a bit of an allocation/distribution problem this time around.

Purchased Coco Steelbook in GB

@apsmith21

I already have purchased in your GB's
Star Wars Last Jedi Steelbook Best Buy
Star Wars Last Jedi Digipak Target
Blade Runner 2049 Steelbook Best Buy

Is there much of a difference in cost if I want to get all 4 shipped same time instead of the usual 3 items or am I better of waiting to add another 2 GB items I might be interested in getting later

Yeah, it goes up by $10 or so next level up - depends on total weight. Pretty sure 5x will be fine. With 6x, hard to say for certain, but it's really more of a "wait until I invoice you for shipping"

• Thanks
Reactions: paulboland
Popped into my local store yesterday and they had 31(!) copies left on the shelves. I don’t think I’ve ever seen them stock that many copies of a single steelbook—let alone 5 days after its release date. Seems like they may have had a bit of an allocation/distribution problem this time around.

Now that Coco won two Oscars, I think they are not gonna last long...

And to glossy steelbook no.3! :oohyeah: All thanks again to @misformatt :thumbs: I love this steel very much. The art and colours are amazing as is the super glossy finish :drool: Am excited to see what Blufans come up with for a premium release given there's so much colourful material for this movie but this as a beautiful stand-alone WWA, I just couldn't resist :drool: Chose to import this over zavvi's as I prefer the debossed title on the front along with the (I think...) superior finish :D:cigar: 3D missing also no biggie to me.

00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20180326155546483_COVER_wm.jpg

00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20180326155644214_COVER_wm.jpg
00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20180326155846831_COVER_wm.jpg
00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20180326160013802_COVER_wm.jpg
00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20180326160158688_COVER_wm.jpg
00000PORTRAIT_00000_BURST20180326160449368_wm.jpg
00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20180326160545991_COVER_wm.jpg
00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20180326160745803_COVER_wm.jpg
00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20180326161028450_COVER_wm.jpg
00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20180326160407717_COVER_wm.jpg