Mediabook Colors (Blu-ray Mediabook) [Germany]

SteelCollz

Premium Supporter
May 25, 2015
Germany
Release date: November 24, 2017
Purchase link: Version 1 - Version 2
Price: €23.37 (Version 1) - €21.99 (Version 2)
Notes: Unrated Cut

Version 1 | Version 2
1.jpg 2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Update: Due to negative fan response to the first cover, Capelight has changed the artwork by removing the horns and also announced a second Mediabook edition (Cover B). Furthermore, the Extended Cut will be part of this release as well, thus making this a 3-disc edition.

Cover A (New) - Cover Brrrrrr
21369485_1431717550276047_6829635307240974251_n.jpg
21369500_1431717553609380_369903969255499052_n.jpg

Capelight are having a poll at their Facebook page: Choose your favorite out of four cover proposals:

(Personally, I like the white one best (top left). But I can't vote, I'm not on FB.)

Very cool of them to listen to feedback by letting the public vote, and with a decent amount of options too! Personally I had no real issue with the previous designs, but the white one is now definitely my favourite. :thumbs:

Capelight also released a statement concerning multiple releases for one film with the result of the vote. :thumbs:
Deutschland hat gewählt: Auf der linken Seite der Sieger der Cover-Abstimmung zu COLORS. Das Bonbon: bei diesem Titel wird es auch noch ein zweites Cover im Retro-Look geben!!
Warum wir das nicht häufiger machen? Zum einen sollen die Preise durch Kleinauflagen nicht erhöht werden. Mediabooks gibt's bei uns für UVP 17,99 (z.B. Runaway Train) bzw. 19,99 (wenn eine Soundtrack-CD oder eine Bonus-Blu-ray mit dabei ist - wie hier bei COLORS) bzw. max. 23,99 (wenn Soundtrack und Bonus-Blu-ray enthalten sind wie bei Oldboy und Kikujiro). Preise wie 32,72 oder 37,99 für ein einfaches Mediabook in 444er Auflage wird es bei uns nicht geben. Zum anderen wollen wir Sammler, die alle capelight Mediabooks sammeln, nicht unnötig mit unterschiedlichen Motiven verärgern. Daher bleiben SWISS ARMY MAN und COLORS aktuell die einzigen Ausnahmen mit zwei Motiven. - Capelight Facebook
The main takeaways:

- Unlike many other labels, Capelight refuses to justify higher prices by for example limiting releases to 444 copies or overall producing more limited quantities for more covers (e.g. 5x 300 instead of 1x 1500) which would increase the prices.
- Also, they don't want to release too many versions of one release for people who collect all Capelight releases.
--> This is why there usually only exists one Mediabook edition per movie. Swiss Army Man and Colors will remain the only exceptions to this rule so far.

- Capelight Mediabooks will always cost 17,99€ for regular releases, 19,99€ with a Soundtrack CD OR Bonus Blu-ray and 23,99€ when both, a CD and a bonus BD, are included.

Capelight also released a statement concerning multiple releases for one film with the result of the vote. :thumbs:

The main takeaways:

- Unlike many other labels, Capelight refuses to justify higher prices by for example limiting releases to 444 copies or overall producing more limited quantities for more covers (e.g. 5x 300 instead of 1x 1500) which would increase the prices.
- Also, they don't want to release too many versions of one release for people who collect all Capelight releases.
--> This is why there usually only exists one Mediabook edition per movie. Swiss Army Man and Colors will remain the only exceptions to this rule so far.

- Capelight Mediabooks will always cost 17,99€ for regular releases, 19,99€ with a Soundtrack CD OR Bonus Blu-ray and 23,99€ when both, a CD and a bonus BD, are included.
I love the guys at Capelight anyway, but reading that has made me respect them even more! :notworthy: