Premium Supporter
Nov 26, 2017
Release date: November 21, 2023
Purchase link: Amazon
Price: $149.95

71iQX993-LL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Product Description​

Columbo is the landmark series that set the standard for the murder mystery genre. Remastered in 4K by Universal, Columbo: The 1970s includes the first seven seasons of this enduring classic on Blu-ray! Starring Peter Falk in his four-time Emmy-winning role as the cigar-chomping, trenchcoat-wearing police lieutenant.
Special Features:
• Restored in 4K by Universal Pictures
• Includes the 1968 Movie-of-the-Week "Prescription: Murder" and the 1971 Pilot "Ransom for a Dead Man"
• Shorter 71-Minute Cut of ÉTUDE IN BLACK
• Optional Music and Effects Tracks for All Episodes
• Episode Guide Booklet
• Newly Commissioned Slipcase Cover Illustration by Tony Stella
• Optional English Subtitles

Reactions: Billy Talent
Easy pass. Had it contained all the extras they had planned which had to be dropped at the last minute. No problems. So I'll stick with my Japanese blu-ray box set...
Does the Japanese Boxset have any extras?
I know it's got all so called 10 seasons (I'd break that in up to 14 seasons or specials, like S6 had only 3 episodes and was called a season, so 3 episodes in '93-'94 could've been called a season...), but the transfers are probably worse, and interlaced.

Does the Japanese Boxset have any extras?
I know it's got all so called 10 seasons (I'd break that in up to 14 seasons or specials, like S6 had only 3 episodes and was called a season, so 3 episodes in '93-'94 could've been called a season...), but the transfers are probably worse, and interlaced.
No extras just the original series in 4/3 and the late 80's to 2001 series in widescreen. Also Etude in Black is the extended cut. And all music cues are uncut which were changed for other regions. Beautiful box set. May pick up the second Kino set as all the episodes were recorded in 4/3 except for his last two. Shame we were deprived of one last one that would have been called "Death on the Internet" It would have been made but Universal pulled the plug at the last minute. Annoyed the French no end...

Reactions: Lenny Nero
Columbo is very very irritating man, "oh, btw - one last question ... " AAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarh !

Columbo is very very irritating man, "oh, btw - one last question ... " AAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarh !
That's his thing, he gets on killer's nerves with his 'kindness', so they make a mistake. :D
I've never seen a single complete episode/movie, but I like the character, and would like to get this Boxset.

• Wow
Reactions: Space Cadet