UK
Purchase: Commando
Release: 4th May 2015
Price: £16.99
Note: Limited to 2000 copies.

front.jpg

commando-back.jpg interior.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Isn't the artwork on the back from 'Raw Deal'?
That's what I was thinking. The gun is photoshopped into his hand again also.

The artwork on this is shocking. Cropped head and missing ammo belt on front, photoshopped gun onto Raw Deal pic on the back (I don't remember him wearing a white vest in this-unless that's the only new addition to the Directors Cut-reinstated scene with Arnie wearing a white vest!!! :D)

Seriously though, what exactly is the difference in the Directors Cut?

Last edited:
Reactions: lolwut and Flloydo
So whats the difference between this directors cut and the current version we have on blu ray?

IMDB shows what the Directors Cut contains, http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0088944/alternateversions also the tool-shed scene is on Youtube search for Commando: Shirtless Fighting, maybe too graphic to put on HDN.

I'm not sure if I want to buy this again but I do not have the DC, the artwork is ok but I prefer the other one still.

Last edited:
Reactions: Andy CYP
This is from IMDB...

In 2007, a Director's Cut version of the film was released containing 1 minute 41 seconds of new footage:
  • In the theatrical release, when Arius (Dan Hedaya) tells Jenny (Alyssa Milano) that Matrix is cooperating and asks her if it would be nice to see him again, she responds "Not nearly as nice as watching him smash your face in." In the Director's Cut, she says, "Not nearly as nice as watching him kick your ass."

• During the scene where Matrix and Cindy (Rae Dawn Chong) follow Sully (David Patrick Kelly) from the airport to the shopping mall, there is an extra scene where she asks him his name and what he does for a living.

• After Matrix has killed Sully, there is a short scene of Arius, Bennett and Jenny arriving in Val Verde, followed by a scene of Matrix explaining to Cindy what's going on. In the Director's Cut, this scene runs longer, with Cindy asking Matrix about Jenny's mother, who Matrix says died in childbirth. He then laments how he has missed all the important moments of her life due to his work around the world. Cindy asks him why he had to do so much traveling, and what he did, to which he replies, "Things you don't want to know about. Things that sometimes I wish I didn't know about. But that part of my life is over with, all that matters to me now is Jenny."

• The tool-shed scene is longer, and contains several very brief new shots of soldiers being killed in various ways. Included amongst the new material is a brief close up of a rake piercing a soldier's belly, a shot of a saw-blade slicing a soldier's neck, a shot of the soldier who is hit in the groin with the axe grimacing in pain, and a shot of the soldier touching the stump of his arm after Matrix has cut it off.

I really HATE to sound cynical but another Commando steel, containing a couple of minutes extra footage, that will be another £14.99 please, and while were at it we'll release another steel later in the year containing the remastered version ETC. No seriously releasing a THEATRICAL cut and a separate DIRECTOR'S cut steel of any film makes my p*ss boil, and then there's potential for REMASTERED & 3D version's for film's obviously in separate steelbook's (WOULDN'T WANT TO KILL THE CASH COW NOW WOULD WE)

Reactions: davhyl
I don't like the heavily edited front image. The Japanese version has that odd posterised (?) look too it too but at least it has Bennett and the gang.

So zavvi are re-releasing their own steels now eh? ...guess we can expect roger rabbit soon.

Lap it up chumps :thumbs:
:giggle::LOL::rofl:
This is from Fox UK :p
Zavvi don't release their own steelbooks or make steelbooks that done by film studios and either release them on general release or offer it to an retailer as an exclusive
This new Directors Cut Commando Blu-ray is getting a general release in lots of countries as a steelbook

Roger Rabbit Steelbook already got a re release in Germany :D

Last edited:
:giggle::LOL::rofl:
This is from Fox UK :p
Zavvi don't release their own steelbooks or make steelbooks that done by film studios and either release them on general release or offer it to an retailer as an exclusive
This new Directors Cut Commando Blu-ray is getting a general release in lots of countries as a steelbook

Roger Rabbit Steelbook already got a re release in Germany :D

Roger Rabbit wasn't technically a re-release though as Germany have never had this on Steelbook. Anyway, I hope this movie gets a new transfer (or am I clutching at straws there ;)).

I'm'my perfectly happy with the previous theatrical cut steelbook, as it's far better looking than is effort. Besides, the few seconds of extra footage here & there on the directors cut don't seem worth the upgrade.

Reactions: harry
Why can't they release a proper Commando steel? The design is terrible. Heavily Photoshopped, missing ammo, picture from a different movie...the last one wasn't great but it's a masterpiece compared to this one. The original posters are better from a design standpoint and, ironically, less dated:

a76072ip6dm.jpg

rz-111b.jpg

Reactions: blumike
Isn't the artwork on the back from 'Raw Deal'?

That's what I was thinking. The gun is photoshopped into his hand again also.

The artwork on this is shocking. Cropped head and missing ammo belt on front, photoshopped gun onto Raw Deal pic on the back (I don't remember him wearing a white vest in this-unless that's the only new addition to the Directors Cut-reinstated scene with Arnie wearing a white vest!!! :D)

Seriously though, what exactly is the difference in the Directors Cut?

He wears a white vest in the scene where he's carrying the tree log, the picture is a still from commando although like you said the gun is photoshopped (really badly)