Horror-TV Constantine (Season 1) [NBC]

kaw

Pop!/Movies/TV Mod
Premium Supporter
Nov 4, 2010
Vancouver Canada
10517341_279550688915593_1914880081515635536_o.jpg

CONSTANTINE

Based on the wildly popular comic book series “Hellblazer” from DC Comics, seasoned demon hunter and master of the occult John Constantine (Matt Ryan, “Criminal Minds”) specializes in giving hell… hell. Armed with a ferocious knowledge of the dark arts and his wickedly naughty wit, he fights the good fight — or at least he did. With his soul already damned to hell, he’s decided to leave his do-gooder life behind, but when demons target Liv (Lucy Griffiths, “True Blood”), the daughter of one of Constantine’s oldest friends, he’s reluctantly thrust back into the fray – and he’ll do whatever it takes to save her. Before long, it’s revealed that Liv’s “second sight” — an ability to see the worlds behind our world and predict supernatural occurrences — is a threat to a mysterious new evil that’s rising in the shadows. Now it’s not just Liv who needs protection; the angels are starting to get worried too. So, together, Constantine and Liv must use her power and his skills to travel the country, find the demons that threaten our world and send them back where they belong. After that, who knows… maybe there’s hope for him and his soul after all.

The cast also includes Harold Perrineau and Charles Halford. Writer Daniel Cerone (“The Mentalist,” “Dexter”) serves as executive producer with David S. Goyer (“Man of Steel,” “The Dark Knight Rises”). “Constantine” is produced from Bonanza Productions in association with Warner Bros. Television. The show is based upon characters published by DC Entertainment.

constantine.jpg

NBC Officially Ordered to Series!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks very promising!
The movie with Keanu Reeves was all right (although I read that it differed on a number of major points from the comic books).

It's not looking promising for the show...

NBC Predictions: 'Constantine' Is Likely To Be Canceled

"While Constantine's premiere ratings were "not DOA", its second episode rating of just 0.9 for adults 18-49 scream "likely canceled" no matter how spooky the night was."

Admittedly, I'm not too sure myself on this series. Maybe it's how Matt Ryan is playing the character?

I've left them sitting on my dvr, for that very reason. Anymore, some shows are gonna sit on my dvr until i see a few weeks of ratings. I'm tired of getting into a show, only to have in cancelled.

Reactions: Thelite13
Yah, but think.... What night was it on? Halloween. Now taking into account the people interested in a series like this, what so-called holiday would everyone be out of the house for?

I'm hoping that rating low was a fluke, but as I said, I'm not completely drawn in by the way that the series is portraying the lead. It almost comes off as the way Doctor Who's character is portrayed. I mean, it's definitely not Dr. Who, but it rather reminds me of it. And Constantine should be a bit of a 'heavier' role than the Doctor's role.

Anyway, I give any new series at least 4 episodes before formally coming up with an opinion, so 2 down, 2 to go.

OK, the guessing is over;

'Constantine' to End Run With 13 Episodes

The network will air Constantine's full run on Fridays at 10 p.m. and likely slot either Hannibal or one of its fellow freshman dramas in the post-Grimm slot. The series from exec producer David Goyer and Warner Bros. Television remains in contention for a second season.

NBC has been struggling to find a companion for Grimm for the past few seasons. Other series that have come and gone in the slot include Dracula and Crossbones, both of which were canceled after one-season runs.

But I'll be durned how this ends with a 13 episode run and is still in contention for a second season! Maybe at a different network?

Bummer... I'm about 2 episodes behind (was going to catch up during Thanksgiving break). I hope they bring it back since my friends tell me the episodes have gotten much better. Kind of hoping they would bring in Dr. Fate and Swamp Thing in S2.

CONSTANTINE LIVES! ...On Arrow.

Matt Ryan will reprise his role as the DC Comics necromancer in an episode of The CW’s Arrow. The news was confirmed earlier today during TCA.

Glad to hear this, maybe it might spark interest in bringing the series back in some form down the line.

Matt was awesome on Arrow real shame they didn't give the series more time :(

If you didn't like or want it seems odd to bring back the same character :(

John Constantine lives.
The CW announced at the Television Critics Association winter press tour on Sunday that the DC Comics character, previously brought to life via a one-and-done NBC drama, will return in an animated CW Seed series.

Matt Ryan, who fronted the aforementioned live-action series (and reprised the character in an episode of The CW’s Arrow), will voice the character’s cartoon form.
At this very early stage, there is no word on whether any supporting cast from the NBC incarnation will be involved.
As with the typical CW Seed offering, Constantine will run for six to seven episodes of about 10 minutes each.

constantine-key-art-2.jpg